White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

If the problem is anger management then why does race matter?

Because its a rarity when a white cop kills a black and gets found guilty.

It's a rarity when a white cop kills anyone.

Indeed. It's so rare it gets mentioned while hundreds of black people are killed in Chicago every year with the Prog Elites just giving a shrug. Here's the data for 2018 alone - note the race of most of the victims.

Homicides in Chicago 2018: A list of every victim - Chicago Sun-Times
According to liberals the black-on-Black violence in Chicago is still the fault of the “white devils “ because of slavery. What limited logic there is to such a worn out argument. Rev. Wright, Farrakhan, and black members of Congress still use it as a crutch. Black communities have to lift themselves up.

Fact is more white people are killed by cops than black.

Give me a break, the black pop is 12%. So give it a rest. We all know white cops kill blacks and get away scott free.

Give me a break. We all know that far more black are killed by other black and that these tragedies are largely ignored by the Left. The Left would rather foment racial strife by exploiting rare killings that are not at all representative of the police overall.

It's a rarity when a white cop kills anyone.

Indeed. It's so rare it gets mentioned while hundreds of black people are killed in Chicago every year with the Prog Elites just giving a shrug. Here's the data for 2018 alone - note the race of most of the victims.

Homicides in Chicago 2018: A list of every victim - Chicago Sun-Times
According to liberals the black-on-Black violence in Chicago is still the fault of the “white devils “ because of slavery. What limited logic there is to such a worn out argument.

Indeed, so worn out it's threadbare.

Why are pimps and drug dealers operating in the open in black communities across the United States? Why aren’t the people cleaning this trash off the streets? Why aren’t NGO’s like the Panthers and Black Muslim’s? Because they are corrupted too. Why do you think the establishment Muslim’s killed Malcom X? He saw through the bullshit after his Haj to Mecca when he saw black Muslims, white Muslims, and Asian Muslims praying together. He saw Elijah Muhammad was a crook.

I
White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

"I'm happy, very happy. It's been a long time, a hard year," he said.

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."
I just watched the video. It was a good shoot. The car was SPEEDING OFF and damn near clipped his partner. He shouldn't have been found guilty because a car of thugs decided to harm a cop. Such a great partner,Oliver saves his life and he throws him to the wolves on the stand...what a piece of shit. Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.
Much agreed.

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."

Good. The cop was clearly an asshole who felt he was above the law. He learned differently.

I hate to see anyone harmed, or killed, particularly in error, or with malice. IMO there have been too many OIS over the past several years resulting in injuries & deaths.
This officer obviously did the wrong thing. First, he lied about the circumstances of the 'claimed' threat; this was made plain to see by LE video cam.
I see that the (former) officer's partner testified he never believed, nor perceived he was in danger, nor his partner.
The officer was found GUILTY of murder. I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.
The jury made the right call = Congrats.

Good. The cop was clearly an asshole who felt he was above the law. He learned differently.

I hate to see anyone harmed, or killed, particularly in error, or with malice. IMO there have been too many OIS over the past several years resulting in injuries & deaths.
This officer obviously did the wrong thing. First, he lied about the circumstances of the 'claimed' threat; this was made plain to see by LE video cam.
I see that the (former) officer's partner testified he never believed, nor perceived he was in danger, nor his partner.
The officer was found GUILTY of murder. I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

I absolutely agree. The majority of the shootings are due to the extremely poor quality of training that law enforcement receives today, and the lowering of standards to get more officers on the force. It truly is rarely a white/black race issue, it is usually an incompetence issue.

If I was on jury I would have voted “innocent.” Why? “Thanks O.J.”

If I was on jury I would have voted “innocent.” Why? “Thanks O.J.”

O.J. has nothing to do with the officer murdering the 15 year old kid, nor this thread.

Nice TROLL POST tho'

Fact is more white people are killed by cops than black.

Give me a break, the black pop is 12%. So give it a rest. We all know white cops kill blacks and get away scott free.
You actually don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground!

that's good in this case the cop took an innocent life. He needs to face that.

Maybe because when the police have actually been threatened or had guns pointed at them by white subjects, those subjects rarely seem to end up dead, while black subjects even when not violating the law or threathening the police seem to far too often end up dead.

Anger management is merely a sympton of the problem - think of the pecking order. Man gets yelled at by his boss but of course he can't respond in kind or anger so he goes home and yells at his wife, wife then yells at their kid and then the kid kicks the dog.

A cop has some type of problem with aggression, who do you think he's going to take that out on? Those who he views as being powerless and for the longest time white cops were shooting & killing black people, particularly men, with impunity and ALWAYS were found to have been justified. It seems like the tide may finally be turning a bit.

Do not mention Chicago either! When black kids die there it does not matter. It only matters if a white cop shoots them. You must learn the rules. It is okay to say a white man in Colorado murdered his wife and children it is not okay to mention that a brown illegal alien killed a white girl in Iowa, it is not okay to mention that a group of black islamists were in New Mexico murdering a three year old and teaching a bunch of kids how to shoot up a hospital in Atlanta!
You are such a whiner lol.

Good news. A white cop is going to prison. His whiteness matters. But do not mention an illegal who murders a white girl lest ye be labeled a racist xenophobe!
Racist left. Young black men as a % of the population commit more violent crimes than any other demographic. The left is somehow stunned that they have more run-ins with the police.
White people, as a % of the population, dwarf the number of black people on welfare. Yet racists like you continue to argue that blacks are lazy and don’t want to work.

Forum List

Back