White Privilege in American Society

Cartoon logic. The current politically correct paradigm is ALL white people are guilty of racism or have benefited from it now...isn't that, either racial profiling or ethnic stereotyping? BUT that is OK, white people are always the bad guys. Shame on us for choosing to be born white. it's all our fault, the entirety of all the evil of the past can be laid at our feet because we were born at random, WHITE. And THAT empowers non whites failures. Racism...yeah, right.

Sounds like you have a problem with white people.
I have a problem with rich white elitist liberals living in lala land.

Go find some and tell them all about it.

We are. They are on this forum right now.... and possibly in this very thread....

... You few rich white elitist with that necrotic guilt complex, .....

See, this is where you lose track of the thread topic and drift into trollville. The only adjective above that in any way applies to me is "white," just so you can finally stop making yourself look foolish with absurdly inaccurate guesses. Your continued repetition of this false representation is not only trolling but spamming as well. Once again, get back to the thread topic. Got it?
Really? What Is white privilege? I am poor, and not seeing that privileged shit, I am struggling...It seems more like small bunch of rich white whinny white kids with a guilt complex over generalizing and their self hatred fantasies.

See in left-wing myth land, you are lucky to be poor. If not for white privilege, you'd be eating out of dumpster, or in prison. It's impossible that actions have consequences, the effect outcomes. So poor people can only be poor because of institutional racism, and no matter how bad you have it, you would have had it worse if you were born black.

See, this is where you lose track of the thread topic and drift into trollville. The only adjective above that in any way applies to me is "white," just so you can finally stop making yourself look foolish with absurdly inaccurate guesses. Your continued repetition of this false representation is not only trolling but spamming as well. Once again, get back to the thread topic. Got it?
Really? What Is white privilege? I am poor, and not seeing that privileged shit, I am struggling...It seems more like small bunch of rich white whinny white kids with a guilt complex over generalizing and their self hatred fantasies.

See in left-wing myth land, you are lucky to be poor. If not for white privilege, you'd be eating out of dumpster, or in prison. It's impossible that actions have consequences, the effect outcomes. So poor people can only be poor because of institutional racism, and no matter how bad you have it, you would have had it worse if you were born black.
Please, why is it rich white people dictate what poor IS? I am not eating out of a dumpster. Most of us are living on the razor's edge between dissolute poverty and living on the street, if not being planted in potters field.

Please, why is it rich white people dictate what poor IS? I am not eating out of a dumpster. Most of us are living on the razor's edge between dissolute poverty and living on the street, if not being planted in potters field.

The left-wing would say you are just ungrateful that you have the razor edge to live on. Tisk tisk! There are black people living off the street right now, and it's your fault. Yup yup.

What's up peeps? So I am a 22 year old white guy.. I have been wondering for sometime what exactly white privilege is and what it means to have this thing called white privilege. I must admit that when I first heard this term it seemed almost a sarcstic slur and I was somewhat offended..like really? You are telling me I'm special and it makes me a bad person? I felt as if I was being targeted and blamed for having been born as a white man. Well to answer my own question yes and no...and not in the sense as i first took it.

Ok so first question i faced while trying to understand this is What does white privilege even mean? I have come to define it as- a society built upon white heritage and the sucess of a white person based off being white and the ignorance of this.

What do I mean? America was founded upon white religon..only focusing on the prosperity of this establishment. Even though America is a "free" country where you should experience these "freedoms" despite race, religion, and nationality the fact remains that it was founded and built around white religion and thus deems anything not of the nature as wrong in societies view. (Not going to indulge myself with the religion topic) Whether you realize this or not it happens on a day to day basis in America. For example maybe the black man had a better resume but you hired the white guy because he seemed "more professional" (subconscious: not black) ..it could be anything like this. The number of examples are endless to say the least. Now am I saying that all white people are born to be successful? Or that black people are born doomed to be failures? Umm no not at all in the end you will be as successful as you make yourself you have to put the time and energy into your goals to achieve them.

Knowingly or not, society in America has been built to favor white people. We (the white community) are ignorant to the fact of this white privilege..which in turn enables this to continue throughout the generations. Does this mean you are racist because you are ignorant to this? No, this just means nothing is being done to correct this in society. Becoming aware of this and implementing ways of fixing this is one of the many steps (in my opinion) in eliminating racism in America. Am I a bad person for being born white? No not at all, being a good or bad person is entirely up to ones self...while I may not be proud of the decisions and actions of some of my ancestors...I can't change the past. I can't change the fact that I am white. I can change the way I view things.

In conclusion I feel like this is a valid, existent issue in America. The first step in fixing this is realizing it exists..being self- aware. Next is raising awareness to it and finally change... Change..a law, an opinion, anything that essentially favors any one person or race. (Aiming the "change" thing outside of just white privilege alone)

If you made it this far sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it. I accept any and all opinions of my personal opinion. Please let me know your thoughts, agrees and disagrees.

I think changing the way you view things is fine, and having the discussion is fine but I also believe its easy to fall into a trap of making it to simplistic. All whites and all blacks don't exactly fit perfectly into this mold as pertains to the discussion. Where people decide to go with this belief in white privilege is the problem. I have seen some people here say that until white people are bred out of existence there will always be racism and that somehow racism will magically disappear when they are gone. I have no doubt there are people with this mindset in academia and government. The US has had its failures, but that does not mean we need abandon the goals of what the countries framers set in place, which is the idea that we all have these certain rights as individuals. One we begin to divide ourselves so much into groups, then there becomes more hatred and vulcanization between groups. Has this existed before? sure, and those are the failures in our history, but some here would like to continue down that path, as if two wrongs can make something right.
I believe society here does give people who are white more benefit of the doubt in a LOT of cases, I'm not denying that, but I feel a lot of care needs to be taken by people in power when they try to implement corrections on society.
Because government has the tendency to be more punitive than anything else.I've seen some people go so far as to say there should be a tax on white people. (aka a form of reparations) But things like that, the way the feds like to view the population, requires society to be static and not fluid as it is in reality.

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] 100% agree

What is white religion?[/QUOTE]

...What is the religious faith that America was founded upon?[/QUOTE]

None. The writers of the Constitution were Humanists. Some uninformed people claim it is based on christianity, but it isn't. The Founders were smarter than that and realized that favoring any single religion would be bad, thus they separated the church from the State. Atheists have taken that too far and think that that prevents religious anythings from being placed on Public property which is just stupid, it merely made it illegal for the State to choose one religion over another.

What is white religion?

...What is the religious faith that America was founded upon?

None. The writers of the Constitution were Humanists. Some uninformed people claim it is based on christianity, but it isn't. The Founders were smarter than that and realized that favoring any single religion would be bad, thus they separated the church from the State. Atheists have taken that too far and think that that prevents religious anythings from being placed on Public property which is just stupid, it merely made it illegal for the State to choose one religion over another.

I'm going to jump in here to take some exception with this. First of all, the writers or framers of the Constitution are not necessarily The Founders or Founding Fathers. These are two separate sets of people. A few of them are in both groups. Neither group was "humanist" or "deist" as they all had their own personal faiths and beliefs.

The Founders wrote the Declaration of Independence and it is very clearly defined by the religious belief in a God or Creator who endows us with specific rights that man can't deny. This is the compelling argument for the formation of our nation. We can't simply ignore it and claim it doesn't mean anything. Without this, there is no nation and no need for a constitution.

So, bound by this divine document and victorious over the British Crown, another set of individuals from various beliefs and backgrounds known as The Framers, penned the U.S. Constitution. The most important issue of all was protection of religious freedom. In order to ensure this, you must form a government that doesn't lift one religion over another. Thus, Congress can make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

What we end up with is a Constitution based on the fundamental belief that all men are created equal and endowed with inalienable rights by their Creator, including the inalienable right to not believe in the Creator who endowed our inalienable rights.

The left-wing would say you are just ungrateful that you have the razor edge to live on. Tisk tisk! There are black people living off the street right now, and it's your fault. Yup yup.
I used to be a liberal once upon a time. Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago. Steely Dan...Anyway. Illegal aliens are creating a whole new era that isn't so friendly or open to us non Hispanics Americans of poor persuasion. I am not feeling the pain of illegal aliens. Instead, I am being alienated by THEM. Sorry, kids, but that's how it goes.

I used to be a liberal once upon a time. Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago. Steely Dan...Anyway. Illegal aliens are creating a whole new era that isn't so friendly or open to us non Hispanics Americans of poor persuasion. I am not feeling the pain of illegal aliens. Instead, I am being alienated by THEM. Sorry, kids, but that's how it goes.

Actually... hate to say it, but I have the same problem right now. I have a renter guy, who is from Bangladesh. He's not illegal, but I do feel alienated in my own home.

And I don't mean to say he's a bad guy. He's not. He's very friendly. Very kind. Very hard working. Super nice.

But he constantly does things that I assume are normal in his country, that I find... disgusting.

He leaves food out all the time. Just plates of food. Sometimes cooking pans of food. He'll just barge in whenever he wants. He'll wipe toilet paper on the sink. Which I've asked him to stop, but it's like.... I don't know... normal to do all this. He'll turn off all the lights so it's pitch black when I get home.

So I really don't have a problem with immigrants. I have a problem with the cultural difference. I keep telling him, this isn't Bangladesh. If you want to live like you are in Bangladesh, you need to live in Bangladesh.

The same thing happens at work. Try to use the bathroom, and it looks like a herd of cattle ran through it. Water all over everything, and paper all over the place. And some of the people think it saves money to not bathe, and wear the same clothes day after day.

I'm convinced all the left-wing idiots who spout off about multiculturalism, haven't directly experienced it. That's why all those holier-than-thou left wing rich people, all live in gated communities. Pretty easy to claim everyone else should be 100% tolerant of other cultures, while they sit at their elite private community.

I think the difference between your view, and mine is, simply that I think we should teach men and women, how to be Americans, when they get here. Minimum English skills required. Basic cultural norms should be taught. I have no problem with people coming here, and becoming an American citizen. But they should become an American... American citizen.

What's up peeps? So I am a 22 year old white guy.. I have been wondering for sometime what exactly white privilege is and what it means to have this thing called white privilege. I must admit that when I first heard this term it seemed almost a sarcstic slur and I was somewhat offended..like really? You are telling me I'm special and it makes me a bad person? I felt as if I was being targeted and blamed for having been born as a white man. Well to answer my own question yes and no...and not in the sense as i first took it.

Ok so first question i faced while trying to understand this is What does white privilege even mean? I have come to define it as- a society built upon white heritage and the sucess of a white person based off being white and the ignorance of this.

What do I mean? America was founded upon white religon..only focusing on the prosperity of this establishment. Even though America is a "free" country where you should experience these "freedoms" despite race, religion, and nationality the fact remains that it was founded and built around white religion and thus deems anything not of the nature as wrong in societies view. (Not going to indulge myself with the religion topic) Whether you realize this or not it happens on a day to day basis in America. For example maybe the black man had a better resume but you hired the white guy because he seemed "more professional" (subconscious: not black) ..it could be anything like this. The number of examples are endless to say the least. Now am I saying that all white people are born to be successful? Or that black people are born doomed to be failures? Umm no not at all in the end you will be as successful as you make yourself you have to put the time and energy into your goals to achieve them.

Knowingly or not, society in America has been built to favor white people. We (the white community) are ignorant to the fact of this white privilege..which in turn enables this to continue throughout the generations. Does this mean you are racist because you are ignorant to this? No, this just means nothing is being done to correct this in society. Becoming aware of this and implementing ways of fixing this is one of the many steps (in my opinion) in eliminating racism in America. Am I a bad person for being born white? No not at all, being a good or bad person is entirely up to ones self...while I may not be proud of the decisions and actions of some of my ancestors...I can't change the past. I can't change the fact that I am white. I can change the way I view things.

In conclusion I feel like this is a valid, existent issue in America. The first step in fixing this is realizing it exists..being self- aware. Next is raising awareness to it and finally change... Change..a law, an opinion, anything that essentially favors any one person or race. (Aiming the "change" thing outside of just white privilege alone)

If you made it this far sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it. I accept any and all opinions of my personal opinion. Please let me know your thoughts, agrees and disagrees.
Why is white privelage wrong? Do other races that make up the majority in countries all over the world also experience this same privelage?

Its wrong in my opinion because it's naturally programmed into our brains.. It is a subconscious bias everyone experiences in some way shape or form. You can personally acknowledge it or not but it's real. And this thread is about America.. not "countries all over the world." But privilege isnt the issue, it is a minor aspect of the issue. No one should benefit from anything other than one's own knowledge and accomplishments. But possibly to fix the world you would have to start somewhere... You lead by example so we as a country would have to fix ourselves and prosper in new unimaginable ways to fix the "countries all over the world." We would have to show them that dropping the "petty issues"** and coming together as one country and focusing on its growth and nothing else...would in conclusion be beneficial for them as a country. It is deffinetly more complicated than it sounds..it would not be easy by any means..maybe completely impossible.. What do you think?

**Disclaimer: I am not saying it is a small issue or actually petty along the lines of the countries issues... but that on the grand scale of the world our issues are petty to the rest.
Bare with me, so are you saying white privelage is learned or its innate? If a white American never benefits from this privelage are they still under this umbrella of white privelaged? Yes privelage effects of us all no doubt, but there's no such thing as white privelage. white privelage is a scapegoat, all whites are not privelaged therefore what your saying is a lie.

It is naturally taught.. through observation. Like programming a lab rat to drink water when it hears a bell. I also believe your confusing ones financial stability, choices, and family background from what I am speaking of. Everyone faces their own challenges. No matter of ethnicity or class.. that is simply life.
What is your own reasoning for discrediting the theroy? Not based off my opinion I want yours.
Why haven't you answered my question? If all whites dont benefit from "white privelage" then how can white privelage even exist?

show us the white privilege laws
If you have something logically relevant to say that defends your position please say it and stop trying to belittle everyone.

IOW you can't show us those laws so you cry like a little girl.

go to your safe space and hide under your blankie

I never said it was a written law it's a natural response in your brain. Your question is nonsense

your OP is nonsense as are all your responses to any question .

if white privilege is real it is not what you say it is. White privilege is jealousy of white people's accomplishments

Why is it that no one ever mentions Black Privilege?

Lot of blacks get away with crimes every day because they ended up with a black jury who wouldn't convict. How many times in society are rules overlooked or passes given because someone happens to be black? If I'm an attractive black female, I can compete in both the Miss America pageant and the Miss Black America pageant.

When it comes time to get a scholarship, blacks have a much easier time because there are countless scholarships available to them which aren't available to whites. The same could be said for home loans and job opportunities.
Start a black privilege thread and we can talk on it[emoji1] I'm speaking solely on white privilege.

there is one and you bravely ran away

If you have something logically relevant to say that defends your position please say it and stop trying to belittle everyone.

I never said it was a written law it's a natural response in your brain. Your question is nonsense

if white privilege is real it is not what you say it is. White privilege is jealousy of white people's accomplishments
That's your opinion on have expressed mine throughout

That's your opinion on have expressed mine throughout

Yeah, but his opinion is backed by facts. Your opinion is not.

"white privileged" is not apparently in law... so we can read legal evidence of it. It's not quantifiable. It apparently has nothing do with Asians, because they out perform whites. You can't show it as being institutional, because we have no openly racist institutions. You admit those who work hard and can achieve better outcomes.

You have no been able to make one single real fact based, evidence supported, point yet.

We have countered every single post you have made thus far, which isn't that many.

Now I will grant you that you have made your opinion known. And that's it. Your opinion. Just opinion. Nothing more.

For example maybe the black man had a better resume but you hired the white guy because he seemed "more professional" (subconscious: not black) ..it could be anything like this. The number of examples are endless to say the least.

You cannot fix this kind of problem. Employers are more likely to hire people like them and it has nothing to do with white privilege. For instance, those with English names are more likely to be hired than those with foreign-sounding names in England, which could be the same in Japan. What the OP missed is the concept of class in American society. If you're born into a wealthy family, you're privileged regardless of your color. There are millions of underprivileged whites who could not obtain college degrees and their mortality rates increased between 1998 and 2015.

White men and women in every age group between 25 and 64 who did not have college degrees saw their mortality rates increase between 1998 and 2015. Those with degrees saw their mortality rates decrease. “There are two Americas,” said Anne Case, who conducted the research with her husband, Angus Deaton, a Nobel laureate. “There’s an America for people who have gotten a college degree, and an America for people who have not gotten a college degree. And if you had a checklist of well-being, the people without college degrees are getting worse and worse, and people with college degrees are doing very well.”

Last edited:
99% of whites in this country are disprivleged.
We don't get extra helping in getting housing
We're not favored in college entrance
We're not favored on the job

Whites work hard and that is why we're doing better! Blacks and other races are lazy pieces of shit and expect all this extra help! Well, that is unfair to white people.

99% of whites in this country are disprivleged.
We don't get extra helping in getting housing
We're not favored in college entrance
We're not favored on the job

Whites work hard and that is why we're doing better! Blacks and other races are lazy pieces of shit and expect all this extra help! Well, that is unfair to white people.

Really? Then why do Asians out earn whites? They are so lazy that we give them bonus money whites can't get?

See even when you are trying to be absurd, you stumble over your own absurdity.

Why is it that no one ever mentions Black Privilege?

Lot of blacks get away with crimes every day because they ended up with a black jury who wouldn't convict. How many times in society are rules overlooked or passes given because someone happens to be black? If I'm an attractive black female, I can compete in both the Miss America pageant and the Miss Black America pageant.

When it comes time to get a scholarship, blacks have a much easier time because there are countless scholarships available to them which aren't available to whites. The same could be said for home loans and job opportunities.
Start a black privilege thread and we can talk on it[emoji1] I'm speaking solely on white privilege.
White privilege cannot exist if black privilege is a recognized reality.

Forum List

Back