‘White Only’ Pool Sign Discriminatory, Not Decorative Commission Rules

apartment complex pool......excuse was the hair product was bad for the pool
I few years back I had a full size in the ground cement swimming pool.

My children used to invite their friends over to swim.

I could always tell when they had their black friends over for a swim.

Because there would always be a stain at the water line all around the pool.

Kind of like a bath tub ring.

I finally had to tell my children to tell their black friends that I didn't mind them coming over to go swimming.

But that they needed to wash out the Afro Sheen or what ever the gook is that they put in their hair before coming over to swim in my pool.

Because I was tired of having to scrub the tile to get rid of the greasy ring they were leaving.

Was that racist? :cool:

I hate to raise your ick factor.

A couple of years ago there was a near riot in a public pool in Los Angeles because the pool had to be closed for clearning. Those using it had not washed in who knows how long and the water became to filthy to use.

In another case, someone drowned in a pool that had become so filthy due to people not bathing first, that the body was not noticed for two days.

In both incidents the pools were located in primarily black areas. It's not the afro-sheen.

Link liar?

I taught swimming for the red cross at a public swimming pool in the summers. It was a 100-150 kids every 30 minutes for 4 hours. One of the things we required was everyone walking through a shower before they were allowed to get into the pool..... everyone had to do it.

Give the manager a break, and just say, "You weren't thinking clearly."

If she still complains, you can peg her now as an open racist.

apartment complex pool......excuse was the hair product was bad for the pool

I finally had to tell my children to tell their black friends that I didn't mind them coming over to go swimming.

But that they needed to wash out the Afro Sheen or what ever the gook is that they put in their hair before coming over to swim in my pool.

Because I was tired of having to scrub the tile to get rid of the greasy ring they were leaving.

A couple of years ago there was a near riot in a public pool in Los Angeles because the pool had to be closed for clearning. Those using it had not washed in who knows how long and the water became to filthy to use.

In another case, someone drowned in a pool that had become so filthy due to people not bathing first, that the body was not noticed for two days.

In both incidents the pools were located in primarily black areas. It's not the afro-sheen.

Hair products etc wouldn't cloud up a pool.
The pool probably warmed up fast and whomever did the chemicals didn't use enough, or they needed to change the sand in their filter etc.
You are an idiot and a racist.

The lady is an asshole, but if it is her private property it is her private property, she can put up whatever she wants and limit who uses it.

Link liar?

The only liar here is you. Look it up FIRST.

Watts Gang Task Force | Watts pool drowned in violence - Los Angeles Times

Some of the adults were complaining about the $2.50 fee to enter. There was rough play in the water, which grew cloudy because some swimmers did not rinse off before entering and because others jumped in wearing their clothes. Then came an announcement that the pool needed to be temporarily closed for cleaning.

Woman's Dead Body Found In Massachusetts Public Pool After 2 Days

FALL RIVER, Mass. — A woman's body might have been left in the cloudy water of a public swimming pool for more than two days, without lifeguards, health inspectors or other swimmers noticing it, officials said Thursday.

On the surface, it appears to be discrimination. An apartment complex does not have the right to discriminate in the use of it's facilities. Unless the rental contract specifically states the swimming pool is not part of the facilities.

In any case the woman is being a douche bag and knows exactly what that sign implies

:iagree:

Link liar?

Some of the adults were complaining about the $2.50 fee to enter. There was rough play in the water, which grew cloudy because some swimmers did not rinse off before entering and because others jumped in wearing their clothes. Then came an announcement that the pool needed to be temporarily closed for cleaning.

FALL RIVER, Mass. — A woman's body might have been left in the cloudy water of a public swimming pool for more than two days, without lifeguards, health inspectors or other swimmers noticing it, officials said Thursday.

:omg:

Link liar?

So? The LA TIMES and you are morons.
If they had a working filter on the pool it would not get cloudy from people not rinsing. Learn a few things about how you take care of a pool.
This is dumbest thing I have heard.

Link liar?

So? The LA TIMES and you are morons.
If they had a working filter on the pool it would not get cloudy from people not rinsing. Learn a few things about how you take care of a pool.

Damn... you asked for a link to the stories and ya got one.

Why is Katzndogz a moron?

The owners of the pool yes, but Katzndogz???? No... no lie, and true story.

You lose :eusa_hand:

Pool filters only filter out leaves, bugs, and other foreign objects that somehow get in the water.

Their filter membrane is not fine enough to filter out body grease or hair produces.

Pool filters only filter out leaves, bugs, and other foreign objects that somehow get in the water.

Their filter membrane is not fine enough to filter out body grease or hair produces.

Do you understand how a pool works? Do you understand how a pool filter and chlorine works?
The people who ran these pools either didn't check their chemical levels, and or didn't put in enough chlorine. The pool was probably cloudy from the warm weather and poor chemical control.

Forum List

Back