White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta (Washington Post)

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
A right wing conspiracy theorist increased the speed of Jim Acosta’s arm movement, to make it seem he was violent against a White House aide as opposed to struggling for the microphone..
Additionally, Acosta’s “Pardon me, ma’am“ utterance was removed from the doctor video:
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday night shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions at a news conference look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, “Pardon me, ma’am,” is not included in the video Sanders shared.

Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points. That edited videowas first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.

Sarah Sanders' dishonesty problem just got a little worse.

White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

A right wing conspiracy theorist increased the speed of Jim Acosta’s arm movement, to make it seem he was violent against a White House aide as opposed to struggling for the microphone..
Additionally, Acosta’s “Pardon me, ma’am“ utterance was removed from the doctor video:
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday night shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions at a news conference look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, “Pardon me, ma’am,” is not included in the video Sanders shared.

Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points. That edited videowas first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.

White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta
The thing Trump fears most is being held accountable, because it’s never happened to him once in his entire life.

How surprising. How very very surprising.

I saw it live, that's not what happened.

It's a lie.

But of course our resident tRumpkins will eat it up.

The thing Trump fears most is being held accountable, because it’s never happened to him once in his entire life.
Fill the WH press corps with women of color and all support CNN. If CNN doesn't get called on, no one else raise their hand....if CNN's question isn't answered, everyone else ask the same question until it is answered.

I saw it live, that's not what happened.

It's a lie.

But of course our resident tRumpkins will eat it up.
Trump’s base defends Saudi Arabia’s right to assassinate journalists. No doubt they wish Trump could do the same to Acosta.

That entire episode (the news conference circus) was a STAGED event by Trump to mitigate the severe Tuesday losses and get his cult members to....once again....hate the media.........A reality show host's poor attempt at "drama."

I saw it when it happened. Acosta resisted and pushed her arm away.

What was doctored? both videos are exact....the lying Times again....

Fill the WH press corps with women of color and all support CNN. If CNN doesn't get called on, no one else raise their hand....if CNN's question isn't answered, everyone else ask the same question until it is answered.
Ban CNN. You're also a racist sexist pig.

That entire episode (the news conference circus) was a STAGED event by Trump to mitigate the severe Tuesday losses and get his cult members to....once again....hate the media.........A reality show host's poor attempt at "drama."
And Acosta went along with it?

Anyone who bleeds for Jim Acosta is a pathetic slug.

Jim Acosta? Really?

The martyr of our time?

The one man who DARED to stand up to America’s Hitler?

If Trump actually WAS Hitler, Acosta would be dead....as would everyone he ever knew.

That’s the irony of calling Trump “Hitler”. It’s so fucking lazy.

Last edited:

/---- Both show JimBo assaulted the woman.

/---/ CNN is a staged event by Republicans so they have an enemy to attack.
iu

Yep, which is libel. I hope CNN and Acosta both file suit specifically against Sarah Sanders for knowingly, and willfully put out false information, with the intent of causing harm to that persons character. This is as clear cut a case as there is.

Here's a video slowed down by Raw Story, clearly showing the staffer putting her hands on Acosta four different times.

‘A lie’: Watch slow motion video of CNN’s Jim Acosta prove White House staffer touched him four times

Forum List

Back