White House gives up attempt to ban Jim Acosta, fully restores his press pass

I love how the Russian troll contingent is trying to spin this as a Trump win. When Trump's economic policies result in the inevitable stock market crash, the troll farm will be here to tell us that Dumb Donald has just made investing more affordable for working class Americans.

Trump lost BIGLY. The judge slapped him down and even his pet network, FOX News, filed an Amicus Brief for CNN.

This whole press release is another White House attempt to put lipstick on this pig of an Administration. Racists, liars and thieves, the lot of them. Every reporter in the pool should strike that "No follow-ups" rule before signing the rules. These reporters don't work for the White House, they work for their employers and the American people. The White House doesn't get to tell them how to do their jobs and they shouldn't try. Period.
Yes they do! CNN took em to court and the judge laid down the rules! Wanna try again? BTW this WH don’t work for ewe that’s for damn sure! You got that pussy boy Trudeau!

You mean that guy who came out on top of the NAFTA negotiations, when Trump rolled over and gave up? The one who has created the fastest growing middle class in the World. The one who every opposition in party in Canada stood behind and stood up for when Trump went on a Twitter tirade against him, and who the rest of the leaders in the free world continue to show respect for, while snubbing, ignoring and castigating Trump? That pussy boy?
You will have to link me to those lies! Can ewe dew it or are you drunk? Has pussy figured out how to keep his fake eyebrows in place?

Preface for Wingers: Orange. Man. Stupid.

When a reporter is truly tired of the obtuse, random shit being spewed from the maw of The Orange Virus at a (PDC) propaganda dissemination clinic held in a White House, he/she could lose their patience with said constant deflection in answering their questions. Said reporter will try and press the issue even after The Virus dodges, weaves and calls for silence then becomes enraged. The Orange Man in the White House bans said reporter from playing in their raindeer games.

White House drops bid to revoke Acosta's press pass

Did The Orange Virus and Cult45 really believe that adolescent nonsense would stand? 1ST AMENDMENT, bitches. Fuck wit it at your own peril. :auiqs.jpg: Wingers never learn.
The First Amendment is the winner, as are the American people and their right to know.
Or the right to change the channel.

Doesn't matter that Acosta got busted for being a spoiled brat spouting nonsense.
What's the difference between Acosta and a Kavanaugh protester?
Not a God Damned thing.
They're both paid to be assholes.

the fake news channel will then sue to be rude.

LOOK AT YOU! :laugh2: a trumpswab pretending to care about RUDE behavior...

ps jim acosta was not rude, he is not a rude person...
I never start the rude behavior, but I'll be sure to put it in its place.

WEIRD that's not how you've been responding to baby donny's daily rudeness.
So, let's take this one step at a time.

Calling Trump 'baby donny' is rude on your part. I have not been rude to you at all, but if you wish Me too, I can oblige you.

Now, Trump has not been rude to Me, or anyone but Acosta. Care to reconsider? If not, just don't bother replying and I"ll know.

Bid deal

Acosta can sit there in the press room and never be allowed to ask a single question.

There is a court order restoring the pass. The judge remarking that Trump never has to call on Acosta.

Oh an you can bet he won't.

Won't take CNN long to pull that POS once he becomes incapable of asking the questions.

Shouldn't take them long to replace him with someone that will get called on. Or not.

They have to follow new rules. .

You mad bro?
Liberals weren't against me rules.
You wanted Acosta banned. You mad Bro?

You're not "liberals," you're leftists, Communists.

So what rights do people get, and which are reserved for the elite? This "right" to a white house pass is one reserved to the elite, obviously. democrats don't allow rights for just anyone, you know.

There is a court order restoring the pass. The judge remarking that Trump never has to call on Acosta.
If Trump had been happy with the judge's decision, he wouldn't have made up new rules.
Well they tried to make up new rules and apply them to Acosta's (admittedly boorish) behavior retrospectively, but that is pretty much the definition of failure to provide due process. So somebody at DOJ told them to stop acting stupid.

New rules Comrade? Are you claiming that Obama let anyone who wanted in to the briefing room? If so, you're lying. Townhall, The Blaze, Breitbart - all banned by Obama, for no reason other than they are honest news.

Earlier today or was reported that the White House was trying to ban Jim Acosta from the White House.
The White House has now given up:

The White House on Monday backed down from its threats to revoke Jim Acosta's press pass.

"Having received a formal reply from your counsel to our letter of November 16, we have made a final determination in this process: your hard pass is restored," the White House said in a new letter to Acosta. "Should you refuse to follow these rules in the future, we will take action in accordance with the rules set forth above. The President is aware of this decision and concurs."

The letter detailed several new rules for reporter conduct at presidential press conferences, including "a single question" from each journalist. Follow-ups will only be permitted "at the discretion of the President or other White House officials."
White House backs down from legal fight, restores Jim Acosta's press pass - CNN

I'm sure Jim will have a grand time while sitting there twiddling his thumbs.

He'll jump and make a scene. He won't wait to be called on. He isa STAR, he has a constitutional right that peons don't have.

They have to follow new rules. .

You mad bro?
Liberals weren't against me rules.
You wanted Acosta banned. You mad Bro?

You're not "liberals," you're leftists, Communists.

So what rights do people get, and which are reserved for the elite? This "right" to a white house pass is one reserved to the elite, obviously. democrats don't allow rights for just anyone, you know.

It's not a right. You do not have a constitutional right to a White House press pass. There are qualifications. A vetting technique. It's not like the White House posts want ads for White House press corps. Your narrative is totally ridiculous.

Acosta, CNN’s chief White House correspondent, is the first reporter with a “hard pass” granting White House access to be banned.

CNN sued Trump and other White House officials Tuesday over the revocation. Kelly’s ruling was the result of the first legal skirmish in that lawsuit. It has the immediate effect of sending Acosta back to the White House, pending further arguments and a possible trial. The litigation is in its early stages, and a trial could be months away.

Hours after the judge’s decision, Acosta resumed his post at the White House.

Judge Kelly, whom Trump appointed to the federal bench last year, handed down his ruling two days after the network and government lawyers argued over whether the president had the power to revoke a reporter’s access.

In explaining his decision, Kelly said he agreed with the government’s argument that there was no First Amendment right to come onto the White House grounds. But, once the White House opened up the grounds to reporters, the First Amendment applied.

Kellly’s ruling, however, primarily emphasized evidence indicating that the White House’s decision to boot Acosta had violated the Fifth Amendment, which guarantees due process in government actions. He said the White House’s decision-making was “so shrouded in mystery that the government could not tell me . . . who made the decision.” The White House’s later written arguments for banning Acosta were belated and were not sufficient to satisfy due process, Kelly said.

Jim Acosta's White House press pass temporarily restored by judge - The Washington Post

I love how the Russian troll contingent is trying to spin this as a Trump win. When Trump's economic policies result in the inevitable stock market crash, the troll farm will be here to tell us that Dumb Donald has just made investing more affordable for working class Americans.

Trump lost BIGLY. The judge slapped him down and even his pet network, FOX News, filed an Amicus Brief for CNN.

This whole press release is another White House attempt to put lipstick on this pig of an Administration. Racists, liars and thieves, the lot of them. Every reporter in the pool should strike that "No follow-ups" rule before signing the rules. These reporters don't work for the White House, they work for their employers and the American people. The White House doesn't get to tell them how to do their jobs and they shouldn't try. Period.

ChiComlady who gets constitutional rights? Party members obviously. But do ALL party members get a white house pass? Looks like this "civil right" is exclusive to a very tiny portion of the elite.

I mean, I get it. For democrats, "rights" belong to particular groups. If you aren't in the group. you have no rights. Preferred protection under the law for the preferred.

poor babydonny just never had to operate under such strain of due process before...

teflon don thought that becoming POTUS would provide the kind of 'due process' he's accustomed to:

BECAUSE I SAID SO, NOW STFU AND GTFO :102:

Acosta, CNN’s chief White House correspondent, is the first reporter with a “hard pass” granting White House access to be banned.

CNN sued Trump and other White House officials Tuesday over the revocation. Kelly’s ruling was the result of the first legal skirmish in that lawsuit. It has the immediate effect of sending Acosta back to the White House, pending further arguments and a possible trial. The litigation is in its early stages, and a trial could be months away.

Hours after the judge’s decision, Acosta resumed his post at the White House.

Judge Kelly, whom Trump appointed to the federal bench last year, handed down his ruling two days after the network and government lawyers argued over whether the president had the power to revoke a reporter’s access.

In explaining his decision, Kelly said he agreed with the government’s argument that there was no First Amendment right to come onto the White House grounds. But, once the White House opened up the grounds to reporters, the First Amendment applied.

Kellly’s ruling, however, primarily emphasized evidence indicating that the White House’s decision to boot Acosta had violated the Fifth Amendment, which guarantees due process in government actions. He said the White House’s decision-making was “so shrouded in mystery that the government could not tell me . . . who made the decision.” The White House’s later written arguments for banning Acosta were belated and were not sufficient to satisfy due process, Kelly said.

Jim Acosta's White House press pass temporarily restored by judge - The Washington Post

So where is my pass, Comrade?

Rights for some.

poor babydonny just never had to operate under such strain of due process before...

teflon don thought that becoming POTUS would provide the kind of 'due process' he's accustomed to:

BECAUSE I SAID SO, NOW STFU AND GTFO :102:

Who gets "civil rights," comrade? Which rights go to which people? Obviously this "right" is only for leftist demagogues. Obama denied access to real reporters for 8 years. Hell, the fucker put real reporters in prison. But we have a newly crafted "right" for leftist demagogues to disrupt white house briefings Of course this is ONLY a "right" for leftist demagogues; I sure the fuck don't have this right.

Preferential justice under the law, it's the leftist way.

If Trump had been happy with the judge's decision, he wouldn't have made up new rules.
I think it was sensible to put a Code of Conduct in writing, since the administration and a few of the reporters had different ideas of what was acceptable.
I think Acosta was preaching, not pushing for answers. He was being a pain in the ass after a polite response from the President and a clear cut off which Acosta ignored.

Forum List

Back