White House Names First Openly Gay Social Secretary

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
White House Names First Openly Gay Social Secretary - NYTimes.com

<excerpt>
“Jeremy shares our vision for the White House as the people’s house, one that celebrates our history and culture in dynamic and inclusive ways,” President Obama said in an e-mail statement. “We look forward to Jeremy continuing to showcase America’s arts and culture to our nation and the world through the many events at the White House.”

Currently, Mr. Bernard serves as senior adviser to the United States ambassador to France. He previously served as the White House liaison to the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Politics?

It's interesting what passes for politics to USMBers.

*Note to self: Suggest a 'who gives a crap' forum.*

Why is his sexual persuasion news?
Like I really give a crap?

And besides....

All women are bisexual.

And to me? Thats just down right cool.

Politics?

Hush gurl.. they're trying to prove "tolerance" and "diversity".

I'm kind of worried about anyone who feels the need to 'prove'. We should be seeing beyond gay, straight, black, white.... blah blah blah by now.

I find it sad.... and a tad condescending. It's like the WH is saying 'Look, we got a token gay person. How cool are we?' It's like assuming blacks like rap and other such prejudices.... if we have to make a point to say we're tolerant... we ain't tolerant.

Politics?

I'm kind of worried about anyone who feels the need to 'prove'. We should be seeing beyond gay, straight, black, white.... blah blah blah by now.

I find it sad.... and a tad condescending. It's like the WH is saying 'Look, we got a token gay person. How cool are we?' It's like assuming blacks like rap and other such prejudices.... if we have to make a point to say we're tolerant... we ain't tolerant.

you mean like the old...

"me a racist? My best friend is black"....thingy?

you mean like the old...

Yep, just like that.

Why is his sexual persuasion news?
Like I really give a crap?

And besides....

All women are bisexual.

And to me? Thats just down right cool.

We are?

For goodness sake, no one ever remembers to copy me in on these memos. Dammit!

Well...in all fairness...

Us guys realize not all of you are aware of it.

That is why we continually harp on the old "three way" thing till you finally cave in.

you mean like the old...

Yep, just like that.

You know...during the campaign, I had a great line I used on people....

I am a well known conservative with the people I know...

Yet for some reason, when many would ask me who I was voting for and I would say "I am not thrilled with either candidate but my values are closer to McCain so McCain by default", they would respond with...

"why, you cant vote for a black guy"?

My response?

"His race is not the reason I am not voting for him....but it is quite obvious it is the reason you ARE voting for him."

you mean like the old...

Yep, just like that.

You know...during the campaign, I had a great line I used on people....

I am a well known conservative with the people I know...

Yet for some reason, when many would ask me who I was voting for and I would say "I am not thrilled with either candidate but my values are closer to McCain so McCain by default", they would respond with...

"why, you cant vote for a black guy"?

My response?

"His race is not the reason I am not voting for him....but it is quite obvious it is the reason you ARE voting for him."

I had a similar response when I said I wasn't voting for Obama. I said 'voting FOR Obama BECAUSE he is black is the same as NOT voting for him BECAUSE he is black.'

On the other hand, I didn't vote for McCain.

White House Names First Openly Gay Social Secretary - NYTimes.com

<excerpt>
“Jeremy shares our vision for the White House as the people’s house, one that celebrates our history and culture in dynamic and inclusive ways,” President Obama said in an e-mail statement. “We look forward to Jeremy continuing to showcase America’s arts and culture to our nation and the world through the many events at the White House.”

Currently, Mr. Bernard serves as senior adviser to the United States ambassador to France. He previously served as the White House liaison to the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Is he the same as USMB's Jeremy?

Forum List

Back