WI and Indiana “Right To Work”

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
I have 2 videos that I feel explains things very well in WI and Indiana. These videos are not very long and are very direct, not a lot of down time or speeches. Yes the two people in the videos are conservative and give a few jabs to the left and even the right. My focus is on what matters, not who can make fun of whom better, not that these guys by any means get carried away.

For people interested in the debate I’d like to hear your thoughts for or against what these videos offer.

I’m never found myself against Unions as a whole, so looking closer at the issue I have found myself amazed at anyone that could support the WI and Indiana public Unions in their current state. More so it seems crazy that people are against the “Right to Work” bill as if anything it gives the worker far more power than they had before.

I don’t post threads very often and try not to be disgustingly bias and rude about my threads so please feel free to give constructive feedback even if you don’t agree.

1:

2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 videos that I feel explains things very well in WI and Indiana. These videos are not very long and are very direct, not a lot of down time or speeches. Yes the two people in the videos are conservative and give a few jabs to the left and even the right. My focus is on what matters, not who can make fun of whom better, not that these guys by any means get carried away.

For people interested in the debate I’d like to hear your thoughts for or against what these videos offer.

I’m never found myself against Unions as a whole, so looking closer at the issue I have found myself amazed at anyone that could support the WI and Indiana public Unions in their current state. More so it seems crazy that people are against the “Right to Work” bill as if anything it gives the worker far more power than they had before.

I don’t post threads very often and try not to be disgustingly bias and rude about my threads so please feel free to give constructive feedback even if you don’t agree.

Constructive feedback first, your OP should state a position for or against some controversial issue and then provide some backup. I don't know if you are for or against unions.

The videos were very thoughtful but the attention span on the average poster on this forum is about 2-minutes tops. A 9-minute video won't get much play.

My position on the topic after watching "Waiting for Superman" is that the teacher's unions need to be weakened. Similarly after seeing GM fail primarily due to union work-rules the US needs to become more competitive.

So I'm not a big union fan, except where big business exploits their workers. The unions should be more like protectors than bag-men for their bosses. Government workers have civil-service to protect their rights, they don't need unions. I'm a "right to work" guy in that I don't want my union dues going to dems for Leftist causes.

Forum List

Back