White House Names First Openly Gay Social Secretary

Perhaps his announcement that he would no longer support DOMA was the signal preface to this HUGE news...:eusa_whistle:

Nah, that's just politics as usual. Obama is tossing red meat to his core supporters.

yeah...In the story? The person that this guy replaced went on to Chicago to campaign for Obama for the 2012 race...he's lining 'em up for his failure to be re-elected...And he won't be elected again. Remember? You heard it from me here first.

yeah...In the story? The person that this guy replaced went on to Chicago to campaign for Obama for the 2012 race...he's lining 'em up for his failure to be re-elected...And he won't be elected again. Remember? You heard it from me here first.

Right now his chances are slim, but a lot depends on who the Republicans put up and if a viable third party siphons votes from the GOP.

Right now his chances are slim, but a lot depends on who the Republicans put up and if a viable third party siphons votes from the GOP.

The GOP already KNOW that they're on Double Secret Probation with the publics and generally why they were given only 1/2 of the Federal legislature, and over 700 seats and several Governorships in the several States because THEY are smart enough to know that most issues that befall us reside as local or STATE issues...

The old guard GOP nationally had better be careful...The public seems to want Conservatives in charge.

The old guard GOP nationally had better be careful...The public seems to want Conservatives in charge.

I agree.

But if the GOP puts out another McCain, Obama will have another term.

Scott Walker is looking pretty good to me, or Jan Brewer with Walker for VP.

I haven't voted for a Republican since Reagan, but if the GOP puts out someone half-decent, it will be worth it to get rid of Dear Leader.

I agree.

But if the GOP puts out another McCain, Obama will have another term.

Scott Walker is looking pretty good to me, or Jan Brewer with Walker for VP.

I haven't voted for a Republican since Reagan, but if the GOP puts out someone half-decent, it will be worth it to get rid of Dear Leader.

Herman Cain is another...there are a host of real Conservatives. Not 'Reaching across the aisle deadbeats'...those times are GONE.

We should be seeing beyond gay, straight, black, white.... blah blah blah by now.

What a fucking lie.

Liberals don't want to "see past" gay, straight, black, white... any more than anyone else does.

They just prefer GAY to straight, BLACK to white, etc. Big fucking deal.

Great appointment, Obama. Why not just take a big shit on the heads of all middle class Americans?

Last edited:
White House Names First Openly Gay Social Secretary - NYTimes.com

<excerpt>
“Jeremy shares our vision for the White House as the people’s house, one that celebrates our history and culture in dynamic and inclusive ways,” President Obama said in an e-mail statement. “We look forward to Jeremy continuing to showcase America’s arts and culture to our nation and the world through the many events at the White House.”

Currently, Mr. Bernard serves as senior adviser to the United States ambassador to France. He previously served as the White House liaison to the National Endowment for the Humanities.

It's a job well suited to a gay. Everybody wins here.

I do not know how skilled this person is, but here is what I have to say to anything to do with diversity.

Skill > Diversity

Whether gay or straight, the best is the best.

New Topics

Forum List

Back