White House hasn't asked FBI to vet Kavanaugh allegations

Trump just said on TV that "investigation" is NOT the job of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

No, really, he just said that. I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but that is what he said.

He said they wouldn't handle this investigation because it's not their job.

Investigation is the NOT the job of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

And someone said he was capable of reading the constitution.
He is right. The FBI is charged only with the background check. If anyone wants to try to fashion this into a crime. Impossible even without the statute of limitations. But suppose Ford wanted some kind of prosecution. That investigation would be a local issue probably by the juvenile division.

Trump just said on TV that "investigation" is NOT the job of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

No, really, he just said that. I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but that is what he said.

He said they wouldn't handle this investigation because it's not their job.

Investigation is the NOT the job of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

And someone said he was capable of reading the constitution.

FAKE NEWS. He is said the FBI told him it is not their job. If that changes they should investigate it.

The FBI did their background check. There is nothing else to investigate. They got the name of one witness. He said it never happened. There is nothing else to investigate.

Um, because she told her therapist there were 4 boys there when it happened and her "witness" has no recollection of whatever the fuck she dreamed up.

Your details are murky there Frank. There were 4 boys IN THE HOUSE at the time. Kavanaugh's witness? He was a self-admitted blackout drunk. He remembers very little of that period of his life (wrote at book about it) and no defense attorney in his right mind would put him on the stand.

She has since stated there were only two.

No defense attorney would put her on the stand.......her story has so many holes they wouldn't be able to trust her on cross examination...

I believe the plan is already set that she will not show up on Monday for some contrived reason, and the Democrats will demand another delay until she can attend.

Were I Grassley, I believe my response would be "Go to hell".

I think the democrats are being run ragged trying to find that house.....and they are going through that Girl's Prep school yearbook with a fine tooth comb looking for more women to lie about Kavanaugh....

Just wanted to straighten out some of the wild speculation by some of you kids that the reason the FBI hasn't launched an inquiry is because there is "no evidence". They haven't so much as made a phone call. And so, we will commence a partisan he said/ she said shit-show on Monday which will come down to well you know, the usual NOTHING.

The White House hasn’t asked the FBI to investigate the allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman when they were in high school, a request required for the bureau to take further action, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The FBI’s initial background investigation into Kavanaugh was completed before Christine Blasey Ford came forward with the allegation.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have said they want the FBI to investigate the allegation. But FBI background investigations are conducted under specific procedures and through requests from government agencies -- which in Kavanaugh’s case would come from the White House, said the two people who asked not to be identified discussing the sensitive matter.

Further investigation by the FBI could be politically volatile, thrusting the bureau into the middle of a tense battle over the future lineup of the Supreme Court. While there appears to be limited evidence for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to work with, the bureau is accustomed to doing professional background investigations, even when the evidence is thin.​

Continued:

Terms of Service Violation

Sorry, no way to investigate this and even if it is true, and it isn't since she can't even keep her story straight, the statute of limitations would have run out about 2 decades ago........
It doesn't have to be about arresting him; the FBI does background checks and I would think with this allegation that they would WANT to update their background checks on Kavanaugh, at least for the record.
It's true if she can't come up with a year or the place so that others who were there could be questioned, there is almost no way to do this, though. Besides, the others who were there could very well have partied through the whole thing and not known it was happening. In her interview with WaPo, Ford stressed that she took pains not to let on she had been attacked, for some reason.

Isn't it amazing that this man who attempted rape WAY back then...has no other examples of improper sexual conduct over the years since? That he somehow turned himself into the choir boy that he now appears to be?
That is one of many reasons that I am not immediately "buying" her story.

So if there were several women like in Trumps case that would make it more believable??
No. If it were factual, it would be believable.

Just wanted to straighten out some of the wild speculation by some of you kids that the reason the FBI hasn't launched an inquiry is because there is "no evidence". They haven't so much as made a phone call. And so, we will commence a partisan he said/ she said shit-show on Monday which will come down to well you know, the usual NOTHING.

The White House hasn’t asked the FBI to investigate the allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman when they were in high school, a request required for the bureau to take further action, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The FBI’s initial background investigation into Kavanaugh was completed before Christine Blasey Ford came forward with the allegation.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have said they want the FBI to investigate the allegation. But FBI background investigations are conducted under specific procedures and through requests from government agencies -- which in Kavanaugh’s case would come from the White House, said the two people who asked not to be identified discussing the sensitive matter.

Further investigation by the FBI could be politically volatile, thrusting the bureau into the middle of a tense battle over the future lineup of the Supreme Court. While there appears to be limited evidence for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to work with, the bureau is accustomed to doing professional background investigations, even when the evidence is thin.​

Continued:

Why am I not surprised they are dragging their feet. I also want to know why he didn't get married till the age of 39, way too many years between the age of 17 and 39. Was he a monk??
dragging their feet? you mean like having this info in July and waiting til the eve of the nomination kinda feet dragging?

She wasn't going to come forward, no witness, no sense to it, till she was outed.
Outed from what?

Continued:

Why am I not surprised they are dragging their feet. I also want to know why he didn't get married till the age of 39, way too many years between the age of 17 and 39. Was he a monk??
dragging their feet? you mean like having this info in July and waiting til the eve of the nomination kinda feet dragging?

She wasn't going to come forward, no witness, no sense to it, till she was outed.
she wasn't "outed" - she came out on her own. glad you keep up with the things you talk about.

I am sure she will appear on Monday...this is her democrat Golden Ticket.....she will first get the interviews on all the democrat morning shows, then the democrat late night shows, then the book deal, then the HBO movie or maybe even a regular release movie......then she gets the speaking fees and she will get the invitation to the Oscars and get to attend all the big Oscar parties, and she will, of course, speak at the DNC convention in 2020 and all the rallies......

Maybe Bernie will even have her out to one of his 500,000 dollar homes for a nice gathering of the rich, white, 1% with obama making an appearance.....

This is her big shot at fame and fortune...all for lying about Kavanaugh.......at least she won't be like the other Bernie supporter who tried to murder the entire Republican baseball team, or the other left winger who tried to murder Trump.....we can be thankful for that....

So, you conservitards are pissed the confirmation is delayed at the least so you are attacking liberals.

I guess that's pretty much par for this course.

No, we are pissed because you are making REAL sexual assault victims look the fool.

Are you really that stupid?
How do you know she's not a real victim? Isn't that the whole point of investigating the allegations?

So, you conservitards are pissed the confirmation is delayed at the least so you are attacking liberals.

No, we are pissed because you are making REAL sexual assault victims look the fool.

How do you know she's not a real victim? Isn't that the whole point of investigating the allegations?

You can't investigate a 36 year old claim...... 1) the statute of limitations have run out, 2) there is no evidence to be found.

You can't investigate a 36 year old claim...... 1) the statute of limitations have run out, 2) there is no evidence to be found.
Participants and witnesses are all still here.

Continued:

I also want to know why he didn't get married till the age of 39, way too many years between the age of 17 and 39.

Even more between 17 and 50, (which is how old I was when I got married.)

Hadn't met the 'right' girl, in my case.

Perhaps the same for him?

Was he a monk??

I certainly wasn't, what makes you believe he might be?

You are not running for the Supreme Court judgeship and have an allegation of attempted rape when you were 17, at least I hope not. I have nothing against people who don't get married or get married later in life, but this is important. you played the field, I bet he did as well.
I would be 1.2 million dollars richer had I never gotten married. The guy might have had the right idea.

Continued:

That isn't what the FBI does.

Participants and witnesses are all still here.
How do you track down someone you have no name for, have no information on? Even if the police spent millions of man hours trying to find the house and found it the chances are that none of the origanal owners were there. She claims that no one saw it but her and (at first four) two boys saw it or knew about it. They claim no knowledge so can not even help with when or where.

What do you want someone to investigate? Let's play it out. Do they build a time machine so they can look through the years until they find the party? Do they interview everyone at the party?

The hero is the one that presses charges after the crime. Saving others from being attacked. This chick never even told her friends to beware of the two. That, in itself says one of two things?

1. It never happened.

2. It happened, and the “victim” was/is a heartless bitch.

Forum List

Back