White House Admits To Spying On Americans...Once

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Government admits to 'One-Time' surveillance problem

The Obama administration acknowledged Friday that the government's surveillance efforts have exceeded legal limits on at least one occasion.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence made the comment in a letter to Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden.

Wyden is a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee. The Oregon Democrat has suggested that the government may be reviewing the emails and phone calls of law-abiding Americans in the U.S. who are at the other end of communications being monitored abroad by the U.S. government.

Without specifying what the issue is, the intelligence office told Wyden that the administration has addressed any concerns and that the government's efforts in the intelligence realm undergo close scrutiny from Congress and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

The intelligence office was responding to an assertion by Wyden that on at least one occasion, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court held that an intelligence collection effort was "unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment" requirement to obtain a court warrant.

Wyden has said that he believes the government's implementation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Amendments of 2008 "has sometimes circumvented the spirit of the law, and on at least one occasion" the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court "has reached the same conclusion."

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence said Wyden's statements "may convey an incomplete and potentially misleading understanding" of what is at issue, adding that "the government has remedied" the concerns...

Read More:
My Way News - Gov't acknowledges one-time surveillance problem

One time...?

images

Once is too much and I would be willing to bet it hasn't stopped.

Of course it hasn't stopped, you do not have a powerful tool like the NSA's incredible ability to eavesdrop and not use it. On the other hand, if you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, isn't that right republicans?

Of course it hasn't stopped, you do not have a powerful tool like the NSA's incredible ability to eavesdrop and not use it. On the other hand, if you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, isn't that right republicans?

I don't know, let’s ask the Democrat President and his Dem congress....

Our national security apparatus is pretty much non-partisan, they want to know what everyone is doing. I remember when this became a major issue during the Bush administration, the left went batshit over it just to get smug little answers from republicans like "siding with terrorists" or the classic "if you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about", we passed up probably the last change we will ever have to draw the line at a surveillance society and blew it all because republicans had to take up the opposing opinion to liberals. If any republican even now has the slightest problem with this it is only because they do not trust democrats with powers they would have only for themselves. How soon they forget what happens when genies are released from their bottles.

If any republican even now has the slightest problem with this it is only because they do not trust democrats with powers they would have only for themselves. How soon they forget what happens when genies are released from their bottles.

Yep Dems side with terrorists.

Our national security apparatus is pretty much non-partisan, they want to know what everyone is doing. I remember when this became a major issue during the Bush administration, the left went batshit over it just to get smug little answers from republicans like "siding with terrorists" or the classic "if you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about", we passed up probably the last change we will ever have to draw the line at a surveillance society and blew it all because republicans had to take up the opposing opinion to liberals. If any republican even now has the slightest problem with this it is only because they do not trust democrats with powers they would have only for themselves. How soon they forget what happens when genies are released from their bottles.
God fucking grief, Charlie Brown!

I suppose Pompeii was all the fault of republicans too. :rolleyes:

If any republican even now has the slightest problem with this it is only because they do not trust democrats with powers they would have only for themselves. How soon they forget what happens when genies are released from their bottles.

Yep Dems side with terrorists.

Next time Obama drone bombs their asses to hell say that, no wait, you will be crying about how horrible it is that Obama is killing scumbags in other countries without due process.

What part of it's none of thier fucking business don't you understand?

I hear you
The Left and the MSM were so concerned about the deaths of our
brave soldiers in the wars.

More poor soldiers have died in Afghanistan under Papa Obama than Bush
and not a peep out of them.

What ever happened to Cindy Sheehan?
At one time, the Left and the MSM could not get enough of her

Well I didn't expect anyone to remember that far back, after all look at who we are talking about, Our present permissive and unaccountable domestic spying policy is entirely a republican construct, deny it with a straight face, I dare you.

it's okay to try and get a job and have a business expose you past, your credit and drug/alcohol use, but during periods of wars with fith columnists you bitch to check out the public.

As you assholes say to the piss test, "hey, I've got nothing to hide, everyone should be tested even by the government".
Some double standard you repubs have.

There's nothing wrong with the NSA getting data/voice info by mistake as long as they follow the law and don't use it, since there is so much out there that most don't have a clue about.

Now, I do have issues with the political hacks in the White House that didn't have a security clearance before but now are on the inside and able to bully someone into spying on right-wingers for them. Bill Clinton's goons did that using FBI files on Republicans, so it's not crazy to think today Obamination goons will take it even further.

Forum List

Back