White Dem. Lawmaker Consumed And Ashamed Of His Whiteness

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
White Dem. Lawmaker Consumed And Ashamed Of His Whiteness - Downtrend

Rep. Graig Meyer, who represents Orange and Durham counties was quote in a book called “Courageous Conversations About Race.” Here are some of his comments about how tortuous it is to be white:

“The truly difficult work is looking deep within myself to recognize where my own reservoirs of whiteness reside and what value or burdens they present to me,” the excerpt states. “Every time I review Peggy McIntosh’s inventory of white privilege I learn something more about myself, and – through attentiveness to my own experience – I think I could add a few more forms of racial privilege to her list.”

He continued: “Frequently, I find myself examining my blind spots when a colleague of color expresses very different feelings about some experience we shared. This is fairly painless when it simply requires hearing about how they read between the lines of a presentation or caught a racist remark that sailed over my head. When the dissonance in our experience was in some way the result of my whiteness, it’s a little more painful but also more revealing.

“My white guilt tends to creep up most when I’m forced to reflect on the power I wield. For instance, I will spend weeks mentally reviewing an incident when one of my staff members bears the brunt of my ignorance or proclivity for dominance. I want them to trust me, I want them to like me, and I anger myself when I learn that I may have done something that makes it more difficult for them to do either. Perhaps even more important to our work are times when my power allows me to make decisions that negatively impact students of color.”

graig-meyer-400-300x300.jpg

^^^^Just look at that stupid pandering liberal face.
-------------------------------------

My God, democrats know how to pander to the morons on the left, don't they?

The first principle of divide-and-conquer cultural marxism: Whiteness is Racism. The white privilege bs follows from that. Is any other race expected to attack itself like this?

Had he done the same rant replacing "whiteness" with "blackness" they would be calling for his resignation at the very least.

This is America race is irrelevant if you feel guilty because someone of the same race did something bad to others especially when it was over 100 years ago then you do not belong in a position to make or alter laws under our constitution everyone is supposed to be treated equal under the law any law that treats one race Differently than another is illegal accordingly regardless of the excuse used.

Until all people get over this my ancestors were treated x by race x back in the 1800s or before thinking it means they somehow deserve compensation and an easy life this nation will never move forward those that live in the past can not move on to the future.

Forum List

Back