While we're at it, Palestinians really did get kicked out of their homes to create Israel in 1948

It is a myth that it was just empty desert and mean Arabs just don't want Jews to have a home. The miracle is it is still on wikipedia.

"In 1948, more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs – about half of prewar Palestine's Arab population – fled from their homes or were expelled by Zionist militias,[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] during the 1948 Palestine war.[9] The exodus was a central component of the fracturing, dispossession and displacement of Palestinian society, known as the Nakba,[10][11] in which between 400 and 600 Palestinian villages were destroyed, village wells were poisoned in a biological warfare programme and properties were looted to prevent Palestinian refugees from returning,[12][13] and other sites subject to Hebraization of Palestinian place names,[14] and also refers to the wider period of war itself and the subsequent oppression up to the present day"

View attachment 844007

Tel Aviv was called Jaffa before 1948. How many Americans giving billions in foreign aid to Israel even know that?

Jaffa pre 1948
1024px-ISR-2013-Aerial-Jaffa-Port_of_Jaffa.jpg
You do not know the history....you have bought into the arab propaganda.

Last edited:
1937, there was an offer of partition for two states. The Jews said yes, the Arabs said no.

The UN wanted to partition, again, in 1947 what was left of the Mandate for Palestine into an Arab and a Jewish State.

The Jews said yes. The Arab leaders said no.
After that, Arabs started attacking Jews.

May 1948, after the British left the Mandate, Israel declared Independence.

The next day SEVEN Arab states attacked Israel. Israel survived.

All Jews were expelled from Judea, Samaria and the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem by the Jordanian Army.

Arab leaders told the Arabs in the South to leave and they would destroy Israel and they would return in 2 weeks.

The Arabs lost.

Most Arabs moved out of their homes being told by their Arab leaders.

Those who fought the Jews and Israel were expelled from Israel.

The Arabs in the North, Haifa, etc, were asked to stay by Israel. They stayed.

Those who listened to the Arab leaders lost.

Those who listened to Israel, stayed in their homes.

That is the history of the area in 1947-48-49.
That was all accurate except you left out the key role of President Truman. He went against the UN recommendation and sided with the Jews to create the state of Israel. It is debatable whether it has been worth 7 decades of war.

The Balfour Declaration and the Mandate for Palestine have nothing to do with how many migrant Arabs moved into the region called Palestine by the Romans after the Jewish temple destruction.

Arabs are not indigenous of the land of Israel, just as Europeans are not indigenous of the Americas no matter how many centuries they arrived there.

The issue was the Jewish people having a right to rebuild their nation on their ancestral homeland which was not going to expel or disposes anyone.

The Arabs, with their Islamic mentality, a few clans anyway, did not want the Jews to be sovereign over Muslims. It had always been the other way around for 1400 years.

The Jews earned the Mandate for Palestine.
Lost 78% of it in 1922 with Britain giving that 78% to the Foreign Arabs Hashemites.
The Hashemites expelled all Jews from TranJordan in 1925. Then from Judea and Samaria and the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem in 1948.

Foreigners, not those living in the region called Palestine, were taking most of the Mandate.
And Arabs who migrated in the 11th century decided they were not going to allow the Jews to rebuild their nation.

Nothing to do with the number of Jews or Arabs on the land, but this nonsense keeps being brought up.
Just stop. In the early 20th century there were less than 100,000 Jews on Palestine and 600,000 Arabs.

1937, there was an offer of partition for two states. The Jews said yes, the Arabs said no.

The UN wanted to partition, again, in 1947 what was left of the Mandate for Palestine into an Arab and a Jewish State.

The Jews said yes. The Arab leaders said no.
After that, Arabs started attacking Jews.

May 1948, after the British left the Mandate, Israel declared Independence.

The next day SEVEN Arab states attacked Israel. Israel survived.

All Jews were expelled from Judea, Samaria and the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem by the Jordanian Army.

Arab leaders told the Arabs in the South to leave and they would destroy Israel and they would return in 2 weeks.

The Arabs lost.

Most Arabs moved out of their homes being told by their Arab leaders.

Those who fought the Jews and Israel were expelled from Israel.

The Arabs in the North, Haifa, etc, were asked to stay by Israel. They stayed.

Those who listened to the Arab leaders lost.

Those who listened to Israel, stayed in their homes.

That is the history of the area in 1947-48-49.
You’re a Lib but you’re correct

Just stop. In the early 20th century there were less than 100,000 Jews on Palestine and 600,000 Arabs.
Jews were scattered throughout the Middle East, Herr Lesh. Then radical Islam kicked them out. So they marched to their ancient homeland. Do you blame them?

More ignorance and false comparisons.

Spoken like a colonialist who would never give back any land to their indigenous owners if your life depended on it.

Especially if it is to Jews or First Nations of any other part of the world.

Jews are First Nation of the Land of Israel.

Arabs are First Nations of Arabia. But Arabs do not have to worry about their Peninsula being invaded and conquered. But who knows what the future may bring.

Arabs colonized outside of Arabia into the rest of Asia and North Africa and Spain.

But the Jews are not allowed to take back any part of their ancient homeland. Legally.

Jews did not invade with weapons and kill the Arabs and others on the land. They bought land and worked on it, and built infrastructure. Arabs worked for them in jobs created by Jews.

Arabs still work with Jews, and for Jews to this day. Those are the ones who know that Jews are the indigenous people of the land and have every right to live on it in peace with them.
:auiqs.jpg:Calling me a colonists. A guy who demands the Jewish people to colonize the ME.

Who gave the Jews the First Nation status? The God of the Hebrew Bible? Sorry bud, that doesn't work in the temporal.

But be defensive. I don't care. Facts are facts. I know that fanatics like you will never see reason.

And just like you, the Arabs too are fanatics. They too cannot see reason. So, go battle it out. What do I care? :itsok:

The land belonged to whoever lived there when the Jewish people were kicked out.

Look, I get it. The Jewish people have been discriminated against. They have undergone pogrom after pogrom culminating with the mother of all pogroms - The Haloucust.

What happened to the Jewish people was terrible. And yet... two wrongs do not make a right.

Just because the Jewish people have no home, they just cannot take someone else's land because they lived there a thousand years ago and their God told them to.
Jews were always present on the land. You are reading the wrong sources.

Just ask the Muslims who invaded the land and met the indigenous Jews at the time and opened Jerusalem for them again.
Tel Aviv was called Jaffa before 1948. How many Americans giving billions in foreign aid to Israel even know that?

Jaffa pre 1948
1024px-ISR-2013-Aerial-Jaffa-Port_of_Jaffa.jpg
Jaffa was Jaffa, Tel Aviv was a swamp the Jews bought and built Tel Aviv on.
---------------
Tel Aviv is the Hebrew title of Theodor Herzl's Altneuland ("Old New Land"), translated from German by Nahum Sokolow. Sokolow had adopted the name of a Mesopotamiansite near the city of Babylon mentioned in Ezekiel: "Then I came to them of the captivity at Tel Abib [Tel Aviv], that lived by the river Chebar, and to where they lived; and I sat there overwhelmed among them seven days."[28] The name was chosen in 1910 from several suggestions, including "Herzliya". It was found fitting as it embraced the idea of a renaissance in the ancient Jewish homeland. Aviv (אביב, or Abib) is a Hebrew word that can be translated as "spring", symbolizing renewal, and tell (or tel) is an artificial mound created over centuries through the accumulation of successive layers of civilization built one over the other and symbolizing the ancient.

Although founded in 1909 as a small settlement on the sand dunes north of Jaffa, Tel Aviv was envisaged as a future city from the start. Its founders hoped that in contrast to what they perceived as the squalid and unsanitary conditions of neighbouring Arab towns, Tel Aviv was to be a clean and modern city, inspired by the European cities of Warsaw and Odesa.[29] The marketing pamphlets advocating for its establishment stated:[29]

In this city we will build the streets so they have roads and sidewalks and electric lights. Every house will have water from wells that will flow through pipes as in every modern European city, and also sewerage pipes will be installed for the health of the city and its residents.
— Akiva Arieh Weiss, 1906
-----
On 11 April 1909, 66 Jewish families gathered on a desolate sand dune to parcel out the land by lottery using seashells. This gathering is considered the official date of the establishment of Tel Aviv. The lottery was organised by Akiva Aryeh Weiss, president of the building society.[38][39] Weiss collected 120 sea shells on the beach, half of them white and half of them grey. The members' names were written on the white shells and the plot numbers on the grey shells

(full article online)

This is the problem with fanatics. They are entitled to an opinion. Not just to their own set of facts.

:auiqs.jpg:Calling me a colonists. A guy who demands the Jewish people to colonize the ME.

Who gave the Jews the First Nation status? The God of the Hebrew Bible? Sorry bud, that doesn't work in the temporal.

But be defensive. I don't care. Facts are facts. I know that fanatics like you will never see reason.

And just like you, the Arabs too are fanatics. They too cannot see reason. So, go battle it out. What do I care? :itsok:
Who is demanding that the Jewish people colonize the ME? Are Jews going to take over from Arabia to North Africa?
Because that is what the Middle East is.

You are truly lost in your story.

So, Jews were not a Nation, Israel, in Canaan?
Amongst all the other Nations of the time? Israel is the only Nation of people who still are recognized and exist in the region.

What defensive? I do not have to be defensive about what history tells which is true, but you do not wish to accept.

You do not know who is who, what is what, who was where, etc, etc and could not care less.

You stay ignorant. Israel and Jews will continue to stay as far away from your ignorance as possible.

Jews were always present on the land. You are reading the wrong sources.

Just ask the Muslims who invaded the land and met the indigenous Jews at the time and opened Jerusalem for them again.

Jaffa was Jaffa, Tel Aviv was a swamp the Jews bought and built Tel Aviv on.
---------------
Tel Aviv is the Hebrew title of Theodor Herzl's Altneuland ("Old New Land"), translated from German by Nahum Sokolow. Sokolow had adopted the name of a Mesopotamiansite near the city of Babylon mentioned in Ezekiel: "Then I came to them of the captivity at Tel Abib [Tel Aviv], that lived by the river Chebar, and to where they lived; and I sat there overwhelmed among them seven days."[28] The name was chosen in 1910 from several suggestions, including "Herzliya". It was found fitting as it embraced the idea of a renaissance in the ancient Jewish homeland. Aviv (אביב, or Abib) is a Hebrew word that can be translated as "spring", symbolizing renewal, and tell (or tel) is an artificial mound created over centuries through the accumulation of successive layers of civilization built one over the other and symbolizing the ancient.

Although founded in 1909 as a small settlement on the sand dunes north of Jaffa, Tel Aviv was envisaged as a future city from the start. Its founders hoped that in contrast to what they perceived as the squalid and unsanitary conditions of neighbouring Arab towns, Tel Aviv was to be a clean and modern city, inspired by the European cities of Warsaw and Odesa.[29] The marketing pamphlets advocating for its establishment stated:[29]

-----
On 11 April 1909, 66 Jewish families gathered on a desolate sand dune to parcel out the land by lottery using seashells. This gathering is considered the official date of the establishment of Tel Aviv. The lottery was organised by Akiva Aryeh Weiss, president of the building society.[38][39] Weiss collected 120 sea shells on the beach, half of them white and half of them grey. The members' names were written on the white shells and the plot numbers on the grey shells

(full article online)

That is the operative sentence right there. 1909. What happened before that? No one lived there?

Look guy. I have read all the history you have and then some. I know every argument you are going to make.

But sorry, just because their ancestors lived there a thousand years ago does not make it their eternal homeland. Other people have been living in that same land from the time the Jews were kicked out.

As I wrote before, I will state it again. I sympathize with the Jewish people. They have been hounded for a long time. It is about time they get a place of their own. And yet...

The Jews cannot just land in some land and kick the people who lived there all with a vague mythical commandment from their God.

Sorry. That will lead to war and that is what the Jews are finding out.

That was all accurate except you left out the key role of President Truman. He went against the UN recommendation and sided with the Jews to create the state of Israel. It is debatable whether it has been worth 7 decades of war.
It was not up to President Truman.
The Mandate of Palestine, one of four, what set up to create a State for the indigenous Jewish people on their ancient homeland.

It started with the Balfour Declaration and then the San Remo Accord.

Generalize the whole thing into 7 decades of war. What a simple mind you have.

Jews were scattered throughout the Middle East, Herr Lesh. Then radical Islam kicked them out. So they marched to their ancient homeland. Do you blame them?
I blame them for stealing land that belonged to someone else.

That said it’s a done deal. As I have said many times, the toothpaste does not go back on the tube.

BUT… it is and has always been (at least since the Yom Kippur War) up to Israel to find a workable solution. They have held all the cards since then and have done nothing to make it work.

And no I don’t support Hamas. They are murdering scum.

This whole thing is an ugly fucking mess

Who is demanding that the Jewish people colonize the ME? Are Jews going to take over from Arabia to North Africa?
Because that is what the Middle East is.

You are truly lost in your story.

So, Jews were not a Nation, Israel, in Canaan?
Amongst all the other Nations of the time? Israel is the only Nation of people who still are recognized and exist in the region.

What defensive? I do not have to be defensive about what history tells which is true, but you do not wish to accept.

You do not know who is who, what is what, who was where, etc, etc and could not care less.

You stay ignorant. Israel and Jews will continue to stay as far away from your ignorance as possible.
:sleeping-smiley-015: You are now boring me. All fanatics do.

Look, Jews deserve a place. But they cannot waltz in and take someone else's land just because their forefathers lived there a freaking 1000 years ago.

Give me a break.

That is the operative sentence right there. 1909. What happened before that? No one lived there?

Look guy. I have read all the history you have and then some. I know every argument you are going to make.

But sorry, just because their ancestors lived there a thousand years ago does not make it their eternal homeland. Other people have been living in that same land from the time the Jews were kicked out.

As I wrote before, I will state it again. I sympathize with the Jewish people. They have been hounded for a long time. It is about time they get a place of their own. And yet...

The Jews cannot just land in some land and kick the people who lived there all with a vague mythical commandment from their God.

Sorry. That will lead to war and that is what the Jews are finding out.
It was a swamp no body wanted and the jews BOUGHT it. They can build anything they want on it or leave it as a swamp.

They built Tel Aviv, a place you have not been to, and made a success of it, in spite of all the odds.

The Jews did not kick anyone. From 1920 on, because of the Mandate, one Arab clan started creating riots against the Jews and kicking the Jews out.

1920 Out of Gaza
1929 Out of Hebron
1949 Out of Judea, Samaria and the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem.

You have no grasp of history at all and continue to just throw pebbles thinking they are making ripples.

Truly learn the history before alleging that you do know anything about it.

Those who fight against Israel fight against Jehovah himself....hatred of Israel is manifested by those who hate the Lord himself.

Deuteronomy 6:4-15​

King James Version​

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
10 And it shall be, when the Lord thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,
11 And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full;
12 Then beware lest thou forget the Lord, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.
14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;
15 (For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

It was a swamp no body wanted and the jews BOUGHT it. They can build anything they want on it or leave it as a swamp.

They built Tel Aviv, a place you have not been to, and made a success of it, in spite of all the odds.

The Jews did not kick anyone. From 1920 on, because of the Mandate, one Arab clan started creating riots against the Jews and kicking the Jews out.

1920 Out of Gaza
1929 Out of Hebron
1949 Out of Judea, Samaria and the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem.

You have no grasp of history at all and continue to just throw pebbles thinking they are making ripples.

Truly learn the history before alleging that you do know anything about it.
It was swamp, farmland, and desert and they DID NOT purchase it…

I blame them for stealing land that belonged to someone else.

That said it’s a done deal. As I have said many times, the toothpaste does not go back on the tube.

BUT… it is and has always been (at least since the Yom Kippur War) up to Israel to find a workable solution. They have held all the cards since then and have done nothing to make it work.

And no I don’t support Hamas. They are murdering scum.

This whole thing is an ugly fucking mess
Jews BOUGHT the land. End of story.

Only up to Israel. Sure !

Not up to the PLO, PA, Hamas, all of whom have it in their covenants that they are going to destroy Israel and send the Jews away, and nothing else is acceptable.

And you cannot figure out why Hamas, like the PLO, PA and Fatah, have been doing nothing but sending rockets and killing Jews since they were given all of Gaza in 2005.

Nope, you cannot or will ever be able to figure it out.

Forum List

Back