Whie racism- The only form of abuse that doesn't cause lifelong psychological harm

Maybe you post a racist quote from me.

My life is impacted by race white boy, yours isn't because you impose racism so it doesn't affect you.
There you go. You provided an example immediately after you asked, "maybe you can post a racist quote from me".

Nope. White boy is not even close to the same a being called a coon, monkey, ape, gorilla, jig or he n word. For yeas white boys called themslves that and it inferred superiority. Now you want Io make up a reason to excuse your racism in order to call someone else a racist.

My life is impacted by race white boy, yours isn't because you impose racism so it doesn't affect you.
There you go. You provided an example immediately after you asked, "maybe you can post a racist quote from me".

Yeah, pretty sure black men don't want to be called boy, but for some reason they think it's fine to call us boy. I don't get it. If you want respect you should give it. Not that most of the losers on these boards actually deserve any.

Whites have amnesia as it pertains to their own racism.

There is no interchange or conversation with those who insist they define the vocabulary. They are already right and the others are wrong.
So, those of you who insist on that, fine. Have fun in your universe of self-declared sanctity and truth. And for the others trying to hash out some understanding between the worlds, give it up. Your neurotic behavior will only lead you into further frustration.

Larry Nassar sexually abused 156 little girls. And it is widely considered and agreed those girls entire lives have been affected by this abuse. These girls will some day grow up and have children. Some of them will be abusive to their children because they will still be struggling to resolve what happened to her as a child . As that happens we will not see assholes online posting about Apparent Emotionally Troubled, Suicidal, Homicidal White American Citizens.

But not some dumb black folk. A young black girl is constantly traumatized by racism as she grows up in a nation that says everything about her is bad and ugly. These girls will some day grow up and have children. Some of them will be abusive to their children because they will still be struggling to resolve what happened to her as a child. Instead of recognizing that racism caused this and how racism is an abusive behavior so she will face the same lifelong struggle as the white girl who was sexually abused, she gets blamed by dumb ass black idiots and racist whites for being the reason why things are wrong in the black communiy.

Racism is Abuse

“Abuse is a form of mistreatment by one individual that causes harm to another person.”

National Adult Protective Services Association

We have taken a look at many of the issues, excuses, denials, avoidance, fake grievances and opinions from many types of white people. But what do people think racism is? There have been several definitions of racism over time. What racism is seems to depend on your race or ideology. For blacks, most nonwhites and non-racist whites the term is defined as a belief in the superiority of your race. Yet to certain whites, racism is anything negatively said about whites, even if it’s historically documented fact.

But let us go beyond this definition because it limits racism and makes it out to be a simple matter that can easily be overcome by simply ignoring the racist behavior and that it has no impact upon those it is imposed upon. Racism is a form of abusive behavior based upon the belief in the superiority of you race. This abuse involves, physical, psychological, emotional, plus there were especially in the past, sexual abuse.

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low self-concept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen (Bryant-Davis & Ocampo, 2005).”

Racism must be looked upon this way if there is ever going to be a true and logical reduction in the behavior. This is mainly due to white refusal to accept that certain behaviors done by nonwhites are caused by white racism. But if you study abuse, it has been shown that specific types of abuse can cause different types of behaviors ether positive or negative. We must go beyond the simpleton view of racism which has been largely manufactured by whites to allow them to escape the reality of the complete damage whites have done to those they imposed the system of white supremacy upon.

Racism includes and has included these things:

• Emotional/Psychological abuse
  • Financial abuse
  • Physical abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Verbal abuse
  • Spiritual abuse
There has been tremendous psychological damage caused to nonwhites because of the racist policies and individual actions by whites in America and worldwide. But what some whites seem to think is that racism is simple and that it carries no psychological consequences to those who are the victims of it. And they do so because they see nonwhites coping the best way they can with it. Secondly, they tend to look at things from only the white perspective, meaning that when they see blacks acting violent they look at it from the white perspective meaning they never factor in the damage at every level caused by past and continuing white racism.

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

It is important to understand these realities. If not, then eventually you are going to end up with a chain of black and other nonwhite mass killers because people ignore the psychological damage created by racism.

View attachment 239598

Funny how you don't do this to whites. One if your fellow republican admin buddies posted an Asian racial slur, something I will never do, but you said nothing and are attacking me. You are a sad and pathetic loser.

There is no interchange or conversation with those who insist they define the vocabulary. They are already right and the others are wrong.
So, those of you who insist on that, fine. Have fun in your universe of self-declared sanctity and truth. And for the others trying to hash out some understanding between the worlds, give it up. Your neurotic behavior will only lead you into further frustration.

There is no interchange or conversation with those who choose to have amnesia then create a world based on that amnesia..

Funny how all threads started by blacks here get taken off topic. Maybe it's time that was made to stop instead of admin participating in the trolling

This is the race and racism section. I don't see it saying this is the whites only get to bitch about black people even when what they bitch about isn't even real section.

Racism is more than a word used as a slur, and it causes damage that is not temporary. This must be faced in these modern times. Things get confused when nonwhites and mixed race people present long proud tales of how they overcame racism when in fact what they have done is cope and what they are describing as getting past racism are coping mechanisms. From what I have learned in psychology, coping is a way to try minimizing or to tolerate a bad situation.

In Charles S. Carver and Jennifer Connor Smiths article “Personality and Coping"(2010) written in the Annual Review of Psychology, identifies hundreds of coping strategies. I will mention only a few because my point is not to make this into a discussion of psychology, but one pertaining to racism and how it affects those who must face it. One strategy is appraisal focused coping. This happens when a person modifies their behavior to cope with the problem. They will use denial, they may adjust their values using how they think about the problem, or they may just distance themselves from the problem. Problem focused strategy, is where the individual tries to deal with the cause of the problem. This person is trying to change or end the source of their stress. Racism is not just some arbitrary thing that can be passed over, forgotten and that’s it. It’s a shame how this problem has been reduced to this fallacy of just forget it and it will go away by not only whites but ignorant nonwhites who think that by believing this, they are being fair and nonracial. This is a coping mechanism itself, but don’t tell them it is. These folks believe they have just moved on beyond racism. They’ve graduated so to speak. They believe that if you just don’t mention racism too much then it will disappear.

Coping strategy involves many types of mechanisms and behaviors. Sometimes multiple coping strategies are used. Proactive coping, when a person anticipates the problem and how they will react. Social coping, when people look to other people to help them. Means focused coping whereby a person finds meaning out of the situation. Now if you don’t think racism is a stressor, then you simply have no understanding of reality.

Many outside of the African American or non white communities do not seem to understand to what extent racism can drive a person to unhealthy and societally negative behaviors. I guess this should be expected from people so ignorant as to think that racism is just calling someone the n word or some other slur. But the reality is that emotions are involved in this matter and there is a very wide spectrum of emotions people will express in such situations. For example, white people have used drugs and became addicted to them to escape a bad situation. Yet when it comes to blacks or other minorities and drug use, we get the white folks judgement. While a white person can get addicted on pills and claim they did so to escape the pain of abuses they have endured, blacks or other nonwhites don’t get that for saying how they have endured racism and are addicted because of the pain that causes. Instead it’s a failure of culture.

Racism is part of the fabric of life for African Americans and is among the causes of enduring negative health outcomes. There is really nothing new or startling in the assertion that social circumstances encountered as part of day-to-day experience influence physical health. At the turn of the last century, W. E. B. Du Bois (1906) and Kelly Miller (1897) proposed in separate manuscripts that oppressive social conditions encroaching on the lives of African Americans contributed to poor health and premature death. Fifty years later, Frantz Fanon’s classic studies (1967, 1968) examined the effects of oppression and included a recognition of “psychosomatic”—that is physical—consequences. Currently, social epidemiologists, health psychologists, and medical sociologists have extended the insights of these important early scholars by showing how racism generates systems and practices that contribute to persistent disparities in health outcomes (Paradies 2006a; Pascoe and Richman, 2009; Williams 1997). Estimates indicate that the failure to erase these disparities costs tens of thousands of African American lives each year (Levine et al., 2001; Williams and Mohammed, 2009). As long as the rates of the leading causes of death differ along racial lines (Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, 2008), the specter of racism will haunt the United States. The persistence of racial health disparities and of racism in any form calls scholars, therapists, activists, and political leaders to vigorous action.

Racism may impact health directly and indirectly. It can contribute to negative health outcomes indirectly by shaping the health-related behavior of oppressed groups. An important and growing body of research reveals that frustration and social upheaval stemming from racism lead to high rates of smoking, drug use, and overeating, and that these behaviors may mediate the relationship between discrimination and racial health disparities (Jackson and Knight, 2006).

Camara Jules P. Harrell, Tanisha I. Burford, Brandi N. Cage, Travette McNair Nelson, Sheronda Shearon, Adrian Thompson, and Steven Green, Multiple Pathways Linking Racism to Health Outcomes, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health

Nope. White boy is not even close to the same a being called a coon, monkey, ape, gorilla, jig or he n word. For yeas white boys called themslves that and it inferred superiority. Now you want Io make up a reason to excuse your racism in order to call someone else a racist.
By posting a slur in bold it is clear you intended it as derogatory.

You will never be taken seriously with the amount of bile contained in your multiple threads.

You will never be taken seriously with the amount of bile contained in your multiple threads.

Since this is what I posted and the words were not in bold,

My life is impacted by race white boy, yours isn't because you impose racism so it doesn't affect you..

So a bunch of dumb racist whites aren't going to make me ignore white racsim because you losers
don't like hearing about yourselves.

Deal with it.

And until you whites take the bite out of your threads, this is what you will get.

My life is impacted by race white boy, yours isn't because you impose racism so it doesn't affect you..

So a bunch of dumb racist whites aren't going to make me ignore white racsim because you losers

Deal with it.

And until you whites take the bite out of your threads, this is what you will get.
The intention was there regardless of font.
Which by the way would be more appropriate in Crayola.

Deal with it.

When you start talking to whites here about what they do, then you will have standing to talk to me like you are now. So stay on topic or find another thread.

Deal with it.

When you start talking to whites here about what they do, then you will have standing to talk to me like you are now. So stay on topic or find another thread.
I will post wherever the hell I feel like. Deal with it.
Quit telling white boys what to do.

Yeah, pretty sure black men don't want to be called boy, but for some reason they think it's fine to call us boy. I don't get it. If you want respect you should give it. Not that most of the losers on these boards actually deserve any.

But we live in 2019, not 1950.

Let me help you understand how weak and pathetic those words are. We are a nation because of a declaration made in 1776. Our laws are based on words ratified in the 1780's. So your comment is just dumb.

If you see someone black when pressed to discuss the issue of race, start talking about the rate of illegitimacy, or how blacks should not allow racism to stand in their way, or that somehow blacks are responsible for the problems they face by using a moral argument based upon the lack of family structure, they are using maladaptive coping. They are working hard to deny the racism. These people do this to be accepted by the so called dominant group.

I say this because some of them argue silly premises such as racism would be no problem if blacks had fewer fatherless children. These types will argue how drug use and a drug culture exist in these communities but can never explain why unless they recite the white man’s explanation that has no real understanding of what it is to be black in America. They refuse to argue the implications of racist policies and the damage these policies have created because to do so will not be acceptable in the social circles they desire approval from. This explains a number of blacks who have been allowed into the national discourse on race who are primarly conservatives. These are people who have achieved great success and can make real changes relative to erasing the stain of white racism from this system. But they do not.

We as a nation need to stop allowing blacks such as this to be embraced by the general culture. These individuals are only accepted by certain groups in the dominant culture because their views can be used to validate white racism. These people are doing far more harm than good to both the black community and to general society. This is the reason why allowing such individuals prominence is so distasteful. They are conferred that status by the majority for the majority’s own purposes. The problems we are dealing with begin with white racism and there are many ways blacks have learned to deal with that racism, both good and bad. But what must be understood is that as a form of abuse, dealing with racism as an individual is the same lifelong struggle that victims of sexual, physical and other forms of abuse endure.

People will cite high violent crime as a problem in black communities and cannot understand that if we recognize the pattern of coping behaviors, aggression is one of the methods used to cope with stress. The most ignorant comments and questions I have gotten from whites in conversations about race is why are blacks so angry? People understand when a woman who has been raped or abused multiple times by men are angry with men. The same people understand why a grown victim of abuses as children grow up to be angry and violent adults. But when it comes to race, “well just get over it”. Except it’s just not that easy. It’s not that easy because racism causes PTSD in many of the people who experience it. PTSD is no respecter of socioeconomic status. Rich blacks and poor blacks are suffering with PTSD as result of the racism we all must endure. Therefore, simple minded comments such as “just get over it”, “move beyond race”, and “why can’t you get past racism” is a show of just how ignorant people are to what racism entails.

So many people who are white who have never felt how racism feels when its directed to you, have sermons to preach about how one can get beyond this. But as in any other form of abuse there are things that trigger the stressors which bring back the negative experiences felt because of racism. I have a simple layman’s understanding of psychology. I am no expert on PTSD. What I have been told is that when a person has this disorder there can be events that trigger the old terror the individual went through due to the past abuse. So then as we look at racism as people of color and continue to see acts of racism in all the various iterations, these events trigger a reminder to people of color of the bad experiences they had due to racism and because of that certain behaviors might arise or repeat themselves.

“Why I just can’t believe that white racism caused those black people to riot and burn up their entire community.” As has been stated, there are hundreds of coping mechanisms, one is self-destructive behavior. However, when you don’t look at racism as what it is, which is a form of abuse, it is difficult to understand how one can say that white racism creates these things. There are whites who refuse to look at racism as a form of abuse because most whites do not want to be looked upon as abusers, but if you practice racism that is what you are. If you go along in silence ignoring the racism you enable the abusers. No different than the mom who says nothing when dad sneaks into his daughter’s room in the middle of the night 3-4 times a week.

You can spend your life stewing in your own anger, or you can decide to let go of all the hurt and blame and just be happy.

You can spend your life stewing in your own anger, or you can decide to let go of all the hurt and blame and just be happy.

And you can STFU repeating that dumb white racist bullshit..

SharpRacist.jpg

Ding, ding ding! We have a winner!

Forum List

Back