Which would you rather be?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I was talking with my room mate the other night and we were discussing a question that I'd posed to her...............................

Which would you rather be, a dead martyr or a live sellout hypocrite?

Me? I'd rather not sell out my values and principles.

But then again................20 years in the Navy taught me to be true to myself and hold fast to my values and ethics rather than be a sellout, even if I was captured and tortured, I'd sooner die than sell out my values and beliefs.

everyone breaks under torture
everyone

If I started to get tortured, I'd try to escape (as I was taught to do from the Navy), and if no escape was possible, I'd piss off my captors as much and as quickly as possible hoping for a quick death.
You were taught to escape from the Navy? :eusa_eh:

Actually, never learned to escape the Navy until after I had over 20 years and decided to retire.
And yes..............the Navy did teach me how to escape. I volunteered for almost every different kind of qualification I could possibly get, and as a PN, almost nothing was restricted from me.

Matter of fact, my last 2 tours were independent duty, and I had to get screened for each of them in order to accept the orders.

everyone breaks under torture
everyone

Sounds like a Jack Bauer quote.

Got much experience torturing people? Evidence that everyone breaks?

I'm not saying that it isn't true, but trying to sound all authoritative on the subject just seems kinda comical to me.

Forum List

Back