Praise and Worship Music

These two women sing, "Down from His Glory", very beautifully. What a beautiful song. The lyrics are so lovely........

Oh How I love Him, How I adore Him,
My breath, my sunshine,
My all in all
The great Creator became
My Savior
and All God's fullness lives in Him

Last edited:
These two inspire me when I am overwhelmed.

Long Black Train by Josh Turner (LOVE his voice)

If You're Going Through Hell by Rodney Atkins (disclaimer: If you only listen to pure worship music, this does not qualify so don't click.)

Nice! Listen to this one it is amazing. Ancient song but so beautiful. Song is sung in Irish Gaelic and Latin, 800 years old! And her voice hits the high notes perfectly with the cathedral acoustics just amazing...

Last edited:
All of your songs that I actually listened to fell short. It's entirely possible that I didn't give them enough of a chance.

I like Skillet, and their song about entering the glory of glories.

I'm not a believer, but when I need some inspirational music, I usually throw on some Anthrax or Pantera or AC/DC or something.

And it is physically impossible to listed to the Immigrant Song and not feel good.

But just because I'm an atheist metal-head doesn't mean I can't appreciate and like hymns. I really like the Peasall Sisters.

I'm not a believer, but when I need some inspirational music, I usually throw on some Anthrax or Pantera or AC/DC or something.

And it is physically impossible to listed to the Immigrant Song and not feel good.

But just because I'm an atheist metal-head doesn't mean I can't appreciate and like hymns. I really like the Peasall Sisters.

I like Anthrax, and Megadeath, and Slayer, and the first 2 Metallica albums.

But, what I was trying to link was a Christoner song by Skillet. Take Me In

All of your songs that I actually listened to fell short. It's entirely possible that I didn't give them enough of a chance.

I like Skillet, and their song about entering the glory of glories.

It is not the songs that fell short but your desire to seek Jesus Christ that is falling short, Treeshepherd. If a person's taste is in satanic music - heavy metal - rock and roll then they will find even less desire to hear music anointed of the Lord - because people who listen to satanic music open the door for demons to indwell them. That is something some people do not realize. It can also stand as a block for receiving salvation because the demons then claim that person as property and block their ability to believe. The only answer is deliverance and repentance from becoming involved with satanic music in the first place and then make sure to guard your ear gates - eye gates that you do not invite that in again. Same goes for television - much demonic activity going on there as well. Watch what you watch and listen to.

Same message applies to all listening to heavy metal / rock music / it opens the doors to demonic possession.. So if you are wondering how you came into a place of hating Jesus Christ and those who follow him - that is how it happened. The world hates Jesus and His Followers. He says so in His Word.

Here is some information on rock music / heavy metal music and why it is so dangerous:

Rock Music - Premature Death of Rock Stars
WHAT ARE THE ROCK STARS PREACHING?
Elton John, sings, "Think I'll buy a forty-four/Give 'em all a surprise/Think I'm gonna kill myself,/Cause a little suicide."
The Nihilistics sing, "This method is effective, tried and true/It's the only solution left for you/Kill yourself, kill yourself/It's about time you tried/Kill yourself, kill yourself/IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU DIED"

The Healing Faith sings, "I put a bullet in the chamber/Put the barrel in my mouth/Six to one I'm gonna make it/One in six I'll snuff it out."Metallica sings, "I have lost the will to live,/Simply nothing more to give/There is nothing more for me/NEED THE END TO SET ME FREE."
Sixteen-year-old Steve Boucher put a gun to his head, pulled the trigger and blew his brains out. His parents blame their son's suicide with his obsession to AC/DC's song "Shoot to Thrill." He was sitting under his AC/DC poster when he pulled the trigger.

In February 1986, eighteen-year-old Phillip Morton, hung himself from a closet door in Delafield, Wisconsin. Pink Floyd's album The Wall, which includes such songs as "Goodbye Cruel World" and "Waiting for the Worms," was playing continuously in the background.

In the book "The Psychology of Music", Dr. Schoen says, "Music is the most powerful stimulus known among the perceptive processes." Charles Manson, who claimed inspiration from the Beatles, used music to gain "satanic" control over his followers who went so far as murder under his command. Art Linkletter blamed "secret messages" in rock music for the death of his daughter in 1969

The Dead Kennedys, sing, "I kill children,/I love to see them die/I kill children,/I make their mothers cry."
- see link to read more about it -
To my knowledge - there has never been a single case of an individual committing suicide from listening to Praise and Worship Music. Not a single person. The same cannot be said of Rock and Roll Music and Heavy Metal. And that is just the tip of the iceberg on why no parent should permit their child to listen to Rock and Roll / Heavy Metal. There is more to it than even this. Much more!

Last edited:
Do not take a few testimonies over damages done by Rock Music though, Treeshepherd! (Rock Music meaning all Rock Music including Christian Rock Music) Instead listen to this former high level witch who sat on the Council of 13 here in the United States and was one of 13 of the most powerful occultists in America. He knows what he is talking about and because he refused to recant his testimony about his former life of being a witch / because he refused to turn from preaching the Good News of Jesus Christ as a born again Christian - he was murdered. He payed with his life to tell you this. It would behoove you to listen him. You too, Steven_R.

Listen to this:

Now you see why Christians should never - EVER - listen to Rock Music - this includes "CHRISTIAN ROCK MUSIC" - there is no such thing as Christian Rock also......... / Metallica / heavy Metal / it is witch language - it is highly dangerous and deadly - the world will listen to this and then wonder why the suicides, the murders, the violence? It all comes from listening to such music - did you hear John Todd on the words - Helter Skelter ? It is a 7,000 yr old witchcraft word - the White Album - by Beatles - is the most satanic album ever made - Manson didn't choose that one album at random. Wake up, people. Your children are in danger - the nation is under judgment and soon it will be too late to repent. Call upon the LORD and be saved today. Call upon the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

If your Church is playing Christian rock music - you should get out of there and do not go back.

Last edited:
Returning back to praise and Worship - this song asks an important question? Have been washed in the Blood of the Lamb - Jesus Christ? Have you come to Him and asked Him to wash your sins away and receive you as His Own? Have you invited Him to become your Lord and Savior?

Listen to this:

Do you realize you are lost without Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Where would you be if you died in your sleep tonight? Heaven or Hell? Do you know? You can know. You can have peace in your heart and know that God has forgiven all of your sins and that your name has been written in the Lamb's book of Life. You can know that when you leave this earth you will be with Jesus Christ eternally because He paid the price for your sins. All of them can be washed away right now, never to be remembered again.

Pray this prayer, and mean it with all your heart.

Lord Jesus, your Word says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I believe you went to the cross for my sins. I ask you to forgive me of my sins and give me a new heart that desires to follow you, Lord. I no longer want to live in sin - I repent - I desire to follow you and become yours. I thank you for shedding your blood and dying for my sins on the cross at Calvary. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that you died on the cross and shed your blood for my sins and that God raised you from the grave on the third day and that you are seated at the right hand of the Father. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is LORD. I come to you now, Lord, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior and as my Lord. Thank you for writing my name in your Lamb's book of Life. In Jesus Christ Name I pray, Amen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back