Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same Sex Marriage

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Death Penalty

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Something Else (Please Specify)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
I chose the death penalty because I don't believe the state should be in the death business.
Except when it comes to babies.
The state isn't making that decision in our name. That decision is made by an individual. Are you proposing that individuals are incapable of making decisions on their own and the state should interfere? What manner of Conservative thinking is this?
If they pay for it, they're in the business, stupid.
I'm talking about decisions. That means choices. Did you know that? There are many resources (that means options and products) available (that means 'at hand') you could use to find out what the big words mean. They are called 'dictionaries'. And you call me stupid. I pity you because you think you're making a point by throwing insults. What a pathetically small mind you have.

I chose the death penalty because I don't believe the state should be in the death business.
The state isn't making that decision in our name. That decision is made by an individual. Are you proposing that individuals are incapable of making decisions on their own and the state should interfere? What manner of Conservative thinking is this?
I'm talking about decisions. That means choices. Did you know that? There are many resources (that means options and products) available (that means 'at hand') you could use to find out what the big words mean. They are called 'dictionaries'. And you call me stupid. I pity you because you think you're making a point by throwing insults. What a pathetically small mind you have.
You DO see the irony in your post, do you not?

Earmarks attached to bills in Congress. They are nothing more than a bribe for a vote, and should be voted on by themselves if they are worth their salt.

So yeah, I'd make the bribes go away.

So you don't believe the federal government should invest in bridges, schools,etc...Even through 40% of all investment comes from the federal government. You don't know what you're asking for.
Perhaps you would care to read what he actually said? Then explain where you came up with the claim he does not support bills for infrastructure?

Didn't you just end a post by calling me stupid? Where did you learn about irony?

Citizens United. Our political system shouldn't be for sale to the highest bidder.
Would that include the Unions supporting Dems............hmm............Oh........but they are not a business.

You really don't know what Citizens United does, do you? It has nothing to do with unions. It allows unlimited money for either party. A dozen or so people have supplied the large majority of all donations to all parties. These few rich people are effectively buying our politicians. With that much money from so few people, who do you think will be calling the shots?
The chamber buys and sells politicians from both parties, just as the Unions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander................

Now you can give me the spin that the Unions aren't really a business slinging massive amounts of money out as well.

The reason why I voted for "Something Else" is because alcoholic beverages was not a choice. I would most definitely make that illegal because to me alcohol consumption does a favor for absolutely no one at the end of the day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You trying to put me out of business? I own a bar.

Didn't you just end a post by calling me stupid? Where did you learn about irony?
You're too stupid to know when you've been bitch slapped but the world is full of morons like you. You're against the state funding executions but enthusiastically endorse federal funding for abortion (baby killing). But do keep back peddling, it's fun to watch. :lol:

Citizens United. Our political system shouldn't be for sale to the highest bidder.

Only if they do away with ALL donations to fund campaigns.

all campaign funds supplied by government, NO private donations.

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada
Of the 10 largest private campaign contributions, I saw a list showing Dems out collected the GOP almost 5:1
188.1 million to 38.1 million

Top Individual Contributors: All Federal Contributions | OpenSecrets

Y'all keep demonising the Koch brothers. I see that Koch Industries contributed about $28,572,742 over all. $1,695,324 to Democrats and $26,966,422 to Conservatives.
Meanwhile, the SEIU donated $222,434,657 over all. Of that, $220,687,443 went to Democrats and $1,294,019 too Conservatives.... But them EVIL corporations are controlling government.

BULLSHIT!

Top Organization Contributors | OpenSecrets

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada
Of the 10 largest private campaign contributions, I saw a list showing Dems out collected the GOP almost 5:1

Don't you regret all the work republicans put into guaranteeing unlimited money in politics? Democrats would love to take all the big money out of elections, but as long as it's allowed, you can't expect them to limit themselves.

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada

Don't you regret all the work republicans put into guaranteeing unlimited money in politics? Democrats would love to take all the big money out of elections, but as long as it's allowed, you can't expect them to limit themselves.

Democrats would love to take all the big money out of elections,

They've been getting big money from unions as far back as memory allows.

CU leveled the field

Y'all keep demonising the Koch brothers. I see that Koch Industries contributed about $28,572,742 over all. $1,695,324 to Democrats and $26,966,422 to Conservatives.
Meanwhile, the SEIU donated $222,434,657 over all. Of that, $220,687,443 went to Democrats and $1,294,019 too Conservatives.... But them EVIL corporations are controlling government.

BULLSHIT!

LOL, thanks to the Citizen's United decision, courtesy of W.'s appointee, Chief Justice Roberts... not only have corporations effectively gained 'personhood', but all that cashish being pumped into political campaigns... even from foreign entities...that is known.... is nothing compared to what isn't shown on the books. So, whatever pittance you think the billionaire Koch Bros have donated is way less than what they (& others) have. But comparing the vast amts of money between what Soros & what the unions can cough up to what the Koch's can throw at candidates is ridiculous, because there isn't any comparison. The Koch talons can dig in deeper than anybody.

12 ways 'Citizens United' has changed politics
Center for Public Integrity investigations illuminate political 'dark money'
By Michael BeckelemailJared Bennettemail
5:00 am, January 21, 2015 Updated: 5:00 am, January 21, 2015

An American flag flies in front of the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C.

J. Scott Applewhite/AP

Five years ago today, in a 5-4 decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled corporations and unions could spend unlimited amounts of money to advocate for or against political candidates.

The court declared that spending by labor unions and companies — including certain types of nonprofit corporations — did “not give rise to corruption or the appearance of corruption” so long as it was not done in concert or coordination with a political candidate’s own campaign.

While it is still illegal for corporations and labor unions to give money directly to candidates for federal office, that ruling, known as Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, has dramatically reshaped the political landscape for federal and state elections.

Among the most significant developments: a surge of political “dark money” — secret cash that opaque nonprofit organizations funnel into U.S. elections. Such groups do not publicly disclose their donors..."

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada

Democrats would love to take all the big money out of elections,

They've been getting big money from unions as far back as memory allows.

CU leveled the field

The money raised for the 2016 election is expected to be twice that of 2012. Somewhere around 5 billion.The right's claim that CU leveled anything was and is a bunch of crap.

BULLSHIT!

LOL, thanks to the Citizen's United decision, courtesy of W.'s appointee, Chief Justice Roberts... not only have corporations effectively gained 'personhood', but all that cashish being pumped into political campaigns... even from foreign entities...that is known.... is nothing compared to what isn't shown on the books. So, whatever pittance you think the billionaire Koch Bros have donated is way less than what they (& others) have. But comparing the vast amts of money between what Soros & what the unions can cough up to what the Koch's can throw at candidates is ridiculous, because there isn't any comparison. The Koch talons can dig in deeper than anybody.

J. Scott Applewhite/AP

Five years ago today, in a 5-4 decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled corporations and unions could spend unlimited amounts of money to advocate for or against political candidates.

The court declared that spending by labor unions and companies — including certain types of nonprofit corporations — did “not give rise to corruption or the appearance of corruption” so long as it was not done in concert or coordination with a political candidate’s own campaign.

While it is still illegal for corporations and labor unions to give money directly to candidates for federal office, that ruling, known as Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, has dramatically reshaped the political landscape for federal and state elections.

Among the most significant developments: a surge of political “dark money” — secret cash that opaque nonprofit organizations funnel into U.S. elections. Such groups do not publicly disclose their donors..."

Funny guy!

You actually think the Kochs' influence is evil and Soros' is fine....
Have you no pride at all?
I showed you 26 million from a corporation and 122 million from a labor union that represents public sector employees.
Can you grasp the corruption involved in public sector unions contributing to the campaigns of elected officials who determine public sector salaries? It's blatant bribery.
Your own hero FDR said, "All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. "

BULLSHIT!

J. Scott Applewhite/AP

Funny guy!

You actually think the Kochs' influence is evil and Soros' is fine....
Have you no pride at all?
I showed you 26 million from a corporation and 122 million from a labor union that represents public sector employees.
Can you grasp the corruption involved in public sector unions contributing to the campaigns of elected officials who determine public sector salaries? It's blatant bribery.
Your own hero FDR said, "All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. "

A) I am not a guy.

B) I never said Soros OR union $$$ influencing campaigns were fine. I even said they were part of the problem... what I said was you were going on numbers that you KNOW about, not was is actually being paid.

C) Personally, I'd like to see all private money taken out of campaigning & do what the Brits do... each candidate gets an equal amt of $, an equal amt of time to campaign & that's it. THAT is the ONLY way the playing field will be leveled to give everyone an equal shot at public office.

D) Please link to any post I made that says FDR was my hero...<pssst> you won't find a single one.... but here's a little tidbit of info you may or may not know... Republican President Dwight D Eisenhower, as part of his platform back in the day was very PRO union. How's about them apples 'eh?

E) take a goooooood look at my little Bernie Sander's meme in my signature... why do you think that's there? 'cause he's pretty to look at? Twice, Sanders has introduced legislature to curb such vast amts of money & will bring forth a 3rd bill to the Senate when the Congress whores come back from vacation. How receptive do you think anti union McConnell will be towards it though hmmmm? Because he's got other money paying for his service, because most of them do. Another little tidbit about Bernie Sanders- he said that should he make it to the Whitehouse, he'll make a litmus test for considering any SC appointee; & that will be to overturn Citizen's United.

Last edited:
The reason why I voted for "Something Else" is because alcoholic beverages was not a choice. I would most definitely make that illegal because to me alcohol consumption does a favor for absolutely no one at the end of the day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You trying to put me out of business? I own a bar.
Its nothing personal at least not on my end anyway.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada

LOL

Tell that to Soros and the Unions..............

LOL

No Soros,
No Kochs,
No unions.

zip, zero, nada

LOL

Tell that to Soros and the Unions..............

LOL

LOL

Or Sheldon Adelson... what a pathetic little show some (R)s put on for him last election cycle... all lining up & begging for his support. Mittens was the worst- his Mormon religion forbids gambling, yet he didn't mind being a whore for the casino owner's cashish.

LOL.

Forum List

Back