Which Would You Choose?

Which Language Would You Choose?

• French

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spanish

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
I've got to choose a language to study at college, and I'm debating between Spanish and French. I've already taken Spanish in high school and I can say that I was terrible at it then, and don't remember any of it now. So which language would you, my friends at USMB, choose to study? Spanish or French? Please include why you would choose this language as well. :razz:

If you aren't going to use either language, I would choose French.

Why's that?

better sounding language, imo

Spanish is more practical, since there are so many Spanish speaking Americans and Spanish speaking Latin Americans. However, French is a more beautiful language.

I disagree. i find Spanish is a much more beautiful language.

Depends on how skilled you are in learning languages. For me, French was entirely too difficult. Spanish, on the other hand, is ridiculously easy.

German is my personal favorite. More difficult than Spanish but easier than French.

Well I found Spanish very difficult in high school, I'd imagine it hasn't changed much. I was wondering which was harder.

Depends on how skilled you are in learning languages. For me, French was entirely too difficult. Spanish, on the other hand, is ridiculously easy.

German is my personal favorite. More difficult than Spanish but easier than French.
Really??

The verb conjugation in all Romance languages is identical. Virtually all the vocabulary springs from the same root words. Learn one and you can be fairly conversant in another, in a reasonably short period of time.

German is relatively easier for English speakers to learn than others, because it's more like English than any other language.

wanna get laid...take french.....after french you will be able to pick up some spanish....but i would take french...if you really wanted to have a skill take japanese or a general chinese....

I agree with bones, learn french and get the accent down and you will score very well with dense American woman who easily fall for foreign accents. Spanish will be simple to learn when you are fluent in French.

Forum List

Back