Which way do you lean on blaming Obama for U.E.?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I guess it's basically a question for Conservatives.

Is it because unemployment and welfare make people lazy? This position implies that collecting Gubbamint checks incentivises them from taking jobs that ARE THERE.....

Or....

Does Obama's teh oppressive Tax Regime keep employers from hiring? This position implies that jobs AREN'T THERE. If this is the answer, than "people being lazy" just can't be it, because if JOBS AREN'T THERE, to take, because of oppressive taxes or economic anxiety, than what's a playa to do? :eek:

Anyhoot.

Is it because unemployment and welfare make people lazy? This position implies that collecting Gubbamint checks incentivises them from taking jobs that ARE THERE.....

Or....

Does Obama's teh oppressive Tax Regime keep employers from hiring? This position implies that jobs AREN'T THERE. If this is the answer, than "people being lazy" just can't be it, because if JOBS AREN'T THERE, to take, because of oppressive taxes or economic anxiety, than what's a playa to do? :eek:

Anyhoot.

I had a girl come in to interview for a position that I had open and she told me that I had to pay her at least 12 bucks an hour because that was what she was basically getting from UI. I told her that with her experience or lask thereof I couldn't possibly start her out at 12 dollars, but I could start her with ten and if she shows she can adequately do the job then I would consider raising it to twelve. She said no thanks that she would just stick with her UI.

I had a girl come in to interview for a position that I had open and she told me that I had to pay her at least 12 bucks an hour because that was what she was basically getting from UI. I told her that with her experience or lask thereof I couldn't possibly start her out at 12 dollars, but I could start her with ten and if she shows she can adequately do the job then I would consider raising it to twelve. She said no thanks that she would just stick with her UI.

Things like this are why I have mixed feelings about Unemployment, to be honest. So, you're not on a hiring freeze due to Obama's oppressive regime?

Noone else has a take on this? Must be too early. :)

Or....

Anyhoot.

Obama's oppressive Tax Regime? You mean all the tax hikes? Can you name them? Can you name one?

Or....

Anyhoot.

Obama's oppressive Tax Regime? You mean all the tax hikes? Can you name them? Can you name one?

:eusa_shhh: shhhhhhhh.

Or....

Anyhoot.

you're right. obama cut taxes.
just like bush did.

but obama got us out of the ditch.

The Capital Markets grabbed a barf bag when the American people put the Neo-Marxists in charge of Congress starting in 2007.

Now that a Marxist has become President and nationalized 2 car companies, taken over the banks and health care, employers are not making any new commitments because the Dem Reign of Terror continues unabated.

There is no longer any private mortgage market, the US Government has to make mortgages on luxury condominiums

Democrats are not healthy for Capital Markets and other things vital for prosperity.

Things like this are why I have mixed feelings about Unemployment, to be honest. So, you're not on a hiring freeze due to Obama's oppressive regime?

In a way I am, I would like to expand both my businesses but I can't due to Obama's policies, namely Obamacare. I had to hire a replacenment for a girl that was killed in an auto accident.

Or....

Anyhoot.

you're right. obama cut taxes.
just like bush did.

but obama got us out of the ditch.

When did that happen?

Or....

Anyhoot.

That is the focal point of the arguement. While not everyone has this mentality enough do have it to make it an issue. You have to look back and welfare the way it was in the 60's to the 80's to see a similar condition.

Investors love the idea that a Marxist Ideologue will upend 230+ years of jurisprudence to inflict his desires on the market.

Ask any of the Senior Secured Chrysler or GM Creditors, ask BP who had $20B extorted from them in the Biggest Ecological Non-Event in History

Investors love the idea that a Marxist Ideologue will upend 230+ years of jurisprudence to inflict his desires on the market.

Ask any of the Senior Secured Chrysler or GM Creditors, ask BP who had $20B extorted from them in the Biggest Ecological Non-Event in History

You keep saying that, but it doesn;t make it reality. Car companies aren't Nationalized because they were bailed out, and BP wasn't extorted from.

I think Welfare should be severely limited to necessity food, for survival, bare minimal, so that its recipients are actually eager to go out and earn.

I think Welfare should be severely limited to necessity food, for survival, bare minimal, so that its recipients are actually eager to go out and earn.

I think welfare should be tied into community service. We'll give you however much you earn. Every community needs streets cleaned, libraries kept up, trash collected, whatever. Just strikes me as odd that the poorest communities with the most people on welfare are also the dirtiest , nastiest communities around. Let half the people work and let the other half watch th kids and pay them all accordingly and you do the obvious. You get rid of welfare, you employ people and you bring in more tax revenue. Sure they are government employees, but so? At least they are EMPLOYEES

I think welfare should be tied into community service. We'll give you however much you earn. Every community needs streets cleaned, libraries kept up, trash collected, whatever. Just strikes me as odd that the poorest communities with the most people on welfare are also the dirtiest , nastiest communities around. Let half the people work and let the other half watch th kids and pay them all accordingly and you do the obvious. You get rid of welfare, you employ people and you bring in more tax revenue. Sure they are government employees, but so? At least they are EMPLOYEES

I'd agree if it was 1/2 day's work and the other half a time allotment for job-searching.

Many shrimpers here in LA are already saying they won't shrimp for now, the BP claim money is better.

Nuff said?

Forum List

Back