Which was a better Western........Gunsmoke or Bonanza?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I used to love Bonanza but watching it now it seems the writing and acting was kind of corny. Can you get any more racist than Hop Sing?

Gunsmoke has held up well. Good acting and good screenwriting. They also covered more socially relevant issues

I used to love Bonanza but watching it now it seems the writing and acting was kind of corny. Can you get any more racist than Hop Sing?

Gunsmoke has held up well. Good acting and good screenwriting. They also covered more socially relevant issues
Eh, wasn't really big on either one. Now F Troop on the other hand......... :eusa_whistle:

I don't remember Gunsmoke so much. Bonanza was one of the family stalwarts. I liked Rawhide best. Rolling, rolling rolling....keep those doggies rolling. Sponsored by 20 Mule Team Borax.

Eh, wasn't really big on either one. Now F Troop on the other hand......... :eusa_whistle:

F Troop was like a mini-documentary on the Old West

Never figured out the relationship between Capt Parmenter and Jane though

I was never very big on any of the TV western series I preferred western movies, to a degree besides I still don't watch much TV even now. I'm probably one of the very few who truly hated the spaghetti westerns with a passion, yes that includes the Clint Eastwood ones. Loved the old John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart ones but laugh at most of them now.

Um a Chinese cook was not terribly uncommon in houses with wealthy owners.

A Short History of Chinese Cooking in the U.S. - HistoryAccess.com

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Not the fact that they had a Chinese cook but the stereotyped dialogue they had him say

Um a Chinese cook was not terribly uncommon in houses with wealthy owners.

A Short History of Chinese Cooking in the U.S. - HistoryAccess.com

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Not the fact that they had a Chinese cook but the stereotyped dialogue they had him say

I was never very big on any of the TV western series I preferred western movies, to a degree besides I still don't watch much TV even now. I'm probably one of the very few who truly hated the spaghetti westerns with a passion, yes that includes the Clint Eastwood ones. Loved the old John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart ones but laugh at most of them now.

The Man who shot Liberty Valance was a good Western

The Man who shot Liberty Valance was a good Western
Silverado was a good western...... from an entertainment standpoint....... Young Guns was a good western from an entertainment standpoint, Tombstone...... well, you know where this is going. :D

Festus was worth watching Gunsmoke.

Forum List

Back