Which one?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
What language do you wish you had been taught from a very early age? I mean really taught (or even immersed in), not the half-assed introduction students get in public school to Spanish or French.

Dutch. Because I would have grown up realising that the Netherlands seems like a beautiful country, and I could visit it without having to worry about learning the language, as I would know it already.

I got stuck with learning Indonesian instead, like the majority of kids in this country.

What language do you wish you had been taught from a very early age? I mean really taught (or even immersed in), not the half-assed introduction students get in public school to Spanish or French.

Gaelic

It's my heritage

And it sounds really cool and sexy

I like that, but would you ever have a chance to use it?

So, would it be worthwhile for you to be proficient in the language (aside from the way that any increase in skills and knowledge is personally fulfilling)?

Are you currently working on improving your Spanish?

French.

I'm Canadian and don't speak a word of one of our official languages.

Gaelic

It's my heritage

And it sounds really cool and sexy

I like that, but would you ever have a chance to use it?

yeah, a few board members know it and someone I knew was an exchange student that went there and all the classes were taught in Gaelic.

Forum List

Back