Which one?

That's a pretty good product for a beginner, but to really gain proficiency you'll have to go beyond any such 'program' eventually. I get a kick out of the ads for stuff like that with their unrealistic claims.

That's a pretty good product for a beginner, but to really gain proficiency you'll have to go beyond any such 'program' eventually. I get a kick out of the ads for stuff like that with their unrealistic claims.

Well I'm already immersed in the language. Im surrounded by it every day. I'm hoping Rosetta will help me go from hearing it, to understanding it :)

Well I'm already immersed in the language. Im surrounded by it every day. I'm hoping Rosetta will help me go from hearing it, to understanding it :)

Sure, just bear in mind that sort of thing is just a start. Good on you for taking the bull by the horns!

Once you switch from tuning it out to really engaging the language I bet you'll improve very quickly.

French, because once I did begin learning and speaking it, I learned so much about English. It would have been good for me to have had both those learnings earlier.

French, because once I did begin learning and speaking it, I learned so much about English. It would have been good for me to have had both those learnings earlier.

To be sure, there is a lot of French influence in the English language.

Last edited:
I took French classes in Saskatchewan for five years, which is kind of like learning to swim in the desert. I stopped because the Quebecois are so annoying.

Now, I wish I'd stuck with it. It's a beautiful language. Well, not Quebec French. That's awful.

I took French classes in Saskatchewan for five years, which is kind of like learning to swim in the desert. I stopped because the Quebecois are so annoying.

Now, I wish I'd stuck with it. It's a beautiful language. Well, not Quebec French. That's awful.

Do native French nationals agree with your estimation?

Do native French nationals agree with your estimation?

About Quebec French? Yes, absolutely. Parisian French is lyrical and poetic. Quebec French is like grinding gears.

What language do you wish you had been taught from a very early age? I mean really taught (or even immersed in), not the half-assed introduction students get in public school to Spanish or French.

French.

And bitching about public school education makes you a bitch since you are always voting to cut public school funding, dope.

And bitching about public school education makes you a bitch since you are always voting to cut public school funding, dope.

What the hell are you talking about?

Where did I say anything about cutting public school funding?

Forum List

Back