Which of the British partias is more leftist?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I'm assuming it's a Tory party (pseudo-conservatives) because it originated in support of absolutism, and absolutism is an ultra-left totalitarian system.

The Tories are more leftist than the Labours? Maybe in some parallel universe.

At least that's how it was originally. It's ultra-left. What changed?
The sole purpose of the conservative party is to protect the interests of Capital. They sometimes have to throw the poor a bone to maintain the votes of stupid people. However their whole history is in opposition to progressive policies.

Tories still grieve the loss of Empire.

There is no mainstream left wing party in UK politics apart from the nationalists.

Don't the Labours fall this category?
Its difficult to say at this point. Under Starmer they seem more like a centre left party than a genuine left wing party. He seems to have ditched the left wing policies of Corbyn in an attempt to attract the support of the middle classes.
Most of my friends who are members are very frustrated with what they see as a retun o Blairite policies. But when I point out that Blair won elections they have no response.

In Wales they have entered an Alliance with Plaid Cymru and that seems to be working ok but Welsh Labour is a lot further to the left than the english version.

In Wales they have entered an Alliance with Plaid Cymru and that seems to be working ok but Welsh Labour is a lot further to the left than the english version
A lot further to the left? What does that mean? They want a state-controlled economy or what?

The sole purpose of the conservative party is to protect the interests of Capital. They sometimes have to throw the poor a bone to maintain the votes of stupid people. However their whole history is in opposition to progressive policies.

Tories still grieve the loss of Empire.

There is no mainstream left wing party in UK politics apart from the nationalists.
In the US both parties throw a bone to the poor and it seems to work for them as well.

A lot further to the left? What does that mean? They want a state-controlled economy or what?
They are keen to see the nations assets work for the nation. They are keen to tax second homes in order to protect welsh communities.They would like Wales to have taxation powers an greater autonomy. Independence being the goal.
Independence is the key issue. We can only go so far as a colony.Many in Welsh Labour are shifting to that position.

In the US both parties throw a bone to the poor and it seems to work for them as well.
This was not the case during the Reagan era. They professed the concept of "trickle down": if you increase big business, the bones themselves reach the poor. In addition, they curtailed the rights of trade unions. Trump is RINO, his politics are not right-wing.

They are keen to see the nations assets work for the nation. They are keen to tax second homes in order to protect welsh communities.They would like Wales to have taxation powers an greater autonomy. Independence being the goal.
Independence is the key issue. We can only go so far as a colony.Many in Welsh Labour are shifting to that position.
To tell the truth, didn't get the last two sentences. They are becoming more pro-independence?

Labour is a unionist party. But they are starting to see that the union brings no benefits to Wales.
Basically, it is the same as with the EU. You see the benefits (economically I mean) only after you are cut from this.

I don't believe that it is possible to create really independent countries on the British Isles. Politically, maybe they can be recognized as sovereign states, but economically they all be intertwined.

Forum List

Back