Which killed more people, 2 rifles, or one rental truck?

a rental truck serves a purpose other than killing.

guns do not.

You continue to make an ass out of yourself with these stupid childish arguments.

So if I never killed anyone with any of my guns I must be using them incorrectly right?
You are certainly not using them for what they were designed for.
Yes I am

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice.
Also if that is the case why make guns that kill people. A BB gun is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice. There would be no need to sell a firearm beyond that power if that were the only reason for it's design. They were designed for killing.

The rifle was created to keep the owner alive....and they do that really well. When you are facing a situation like a riot, the aftermath of a hurricane, being on the border as a rancher where you may face criminals on an isolated ranch....all reasons to have a semi auto rifle with a good magazine capacity.

You haven't thought about this issue, you have allowed an irrational fear of guns dictate how you "Feel" about this issue. Please, try using reason, and not emotion.
I asked how many on your list. Not some made up fake scenario. "OMG What if 300 zombies attacked you"

If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.
If he didn't then all his full auto weapons were illegally obtained.
If he modified semiautomatic weapons then they are still illegal

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting deer or possums.

You really should educate yourself about that.
We already have a well regulated militia. So why do civilians need guns?

The Right to own and carry a gun is not attached to military or militia service...it is a Fundamental Right as a human being....it is even recognized in the Bill of Rights, and supported by the Supreme Court in Heller.......

You have the right to bear arms. Here's a single shot 22 pistiol. You're now armed.

The idea you think it means you can own any weapon ever is stupid, ridiculous & ignorant.

No I want to be able to hit a target with accuracy at a distance. BB guns can't do that

A gun fires a projectile that is all it does. That a projectile fired from a gun can kill is a moot point.

Shit you can throw a baseball fast enough to kill someone
No it is not. It is the whole point.

Of course it is because the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owner never kill anyone. A guns is designed to fire a projectile. A chainsaw is designed to remove chunks of material both can be used to kill. It all depends on the choice of the person wielding them

You fail to understand that the target is not the choice of the gun it is the choice of the person pulling the trigger.

A chainsaw is used to cut wood. A viable reason.

Am assault type weapon does what? Besides puff out the chests of the morons that tote them in public.

Define "assault weapon" and fyi the average everyday semiautomatic rifle is NOT an "assault" weapon

And a chainsaw can be used for a hell of a lot more than cutting wood.

It all depends on the INTENT of the user not the tool he is using

A gun does nothing but propel a projectile from the barrel. It's the INTENT of the shooter that matters

Yet another fucking idiot who runs screaming " Dedfne Assault rifle. What is the definition" :

Like it can't be defined.

We had a ban at one time, so./ Mr Gun Freaking Expert, it can be defined.

You don't seem to understand that what you morons call an "assault" rifle is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle in existence.

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

Is no different from this rifle

5816.jpg

They fire the exact same round at the same rate of fire with the same accuracy but you think one is an "assault" rifle because it has some plastic doodads on it

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

2016 Nice attack - Wikipedia

So...which killed more people....two rifles, or one rental truck?

Which was harder to get, the two rifles or the rental truck?

guns do not.

You continue to make an ass out of yourself with these stupid childish arguments.

Google is your friend asshat. There are many, many legitimate recreational uses for guns other than killing. Fell free to look it up and educate yourself.

Getting drunk & shooting guns?
Real users, not entertaining feeblle minded jacksasses.
Lets allow people to have fun shooting guns & who gives a fuck how many people die.

So you really are as stoopid as you sound. You used google and all you found was getting drunk and shooting guns as recreational shooting. Here is another suggestion. When you ask the nice lady at the library to look something up for you on the computer, have her read it to you as well. Clearly your illiteracy and just looking at the pictures isn't working out very well for you.

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

Guns and trucks don't kill people.

People kill people.

You get the rental truck. I get the automatic rifles with piles of ammo.

Let;s see who ends up dead.

You will end up with sore arms, ringing ears, and a pile of empty shells.

I will end up several hundred miles away.
I am not surprised you would run from a fight.

The fight you proposed is inherently lopsided. I would be an idiot to not drive in the opposite direction.

What would you do if the weapons were switched? I had the gun, you had the truck?

If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

Yes...they are.

He may have modified them, but there are over 8 million of these rifles with magazines that people own and never use for crimes.

There were 6 mass public shootings last year.....71 murdered. Knives last year were used to murder 1,500 people.......which killed more? Can you tell?
Let's actually do a real comparison. If there were 6 mass public shootings we need to compare it to 6 knife attacks. Who killed more. Your stats are very deceptive. Beyond scope. Just because someone doesn't use something for a crime doesn't mean others won't.

I

Look it is illegal for any civilian to own any automatic weapon made after 1986.
Those that legally own automatic weapons must have a federal permit and tax stamp.

All this guy had it seems were ordinary everyday semiautomatic weapons
Again, I ask why would anyone have a use for these type of weapons. Full automatic, semi automatic... any weapons that was designed to kill many as fast as possible. These are not weapons designed for hunting or protection.

They are designed for protection.....that is why people have them.
That is not protection, that is overkill.

The AR-15 is a great weapon for normal, law abiding people for self defense.....they are easy to shoot, for all sizes of people, they hold up to 30 rounds,
30 rounds, are we talking in case a football team attacks. People like you are going too far. This is beyond protection.

which is great for self defense, they can hold lights, and laser sights,
30 rounds and lights and laser sights. Name one scenario where you would need this with your 30 rounds and all the gadgetry attached to protect yourself.
....all things that help a law abiding person survive a violent attack, especially against more than one attacker.
You mean like 30 attackers. This happens when.
They were used by normal people during the various black lives matter riots, the Rodney King Riots, the aftermath of these hurricanes......... the people with those rifles didn't have their stores burned and looted.
People went to these riots with these guns in view. I don't think so. The people were rioting, what do you think they would do if some yahoo showed up with one of these guns. They would probably shoot him. Protection, yeah right.

I

The Right to own and carry a gun is not attached to military or militia service...it is a Fundamental Right as a human being....it is even recognized in the Bill of Rights, and supported by the Supreme Court in Heller.......

You have the right to bear arms. Here's a single shot 22 pistiol. You're now armed.

The idea you think it means you can own any weapon ever is stupid, ridiculous & ignorant.
Forget the 22, they should only have a BB gun or a slingshot.

58 people...

guns do not.

Google is your friend asshat. There are many, many legitimate recreational uses for guns other than killing. Fell free to look it up and educate yourself.

Lets allow people to have fun shooting guns & who gives a fuck how many people die.

So you really are as stoopid as you sound. You used google and all you found was getting drunk and shooting guns as recreational shooting. Here is another suggestion. When you ask the nice lady at the library to look something up for you on the computer, have her read it to you as well. Clearly your illiteracy and just looking at the pictures isn't working out very well for you.

I was going from experience to what I have witnesses.

You want to shoot at a gun range, then let the gun range own the weapons.

58 people...

Guns and trucks don't kill people.

People kill people.

You get the rental truck. I get the automatic rifles with piles of ammo.

Let;s see who ends up dead.

You will end up with sore arms, ringing ears, and a pile of empty shells.

I will end up several hundred miles away.
I am not surprised you would run from a fight.

The fight you proposed is inherently lopsided. I would be an idiot to not drive in the opposite direction.

What would you do if the weapons were switched? I had the gun, you had the truck?
The point was a poster claimed thsey were the same. vidently, you agree with me that they are not.

No it is not. It is the whole point.

Of course it is because the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owner never kill anyone. A guns is designed to fire a projectile. A chainsaw is designed to remove chunks of material both can be used to kill. It all depends on the choice of the person wielding them

You fail to understand that the target is not the choice of the gun it is the choice of the person pulling the trigger.

Am assault type weapon does what? Besides puff out the chests of the morons that tote them in public.

Define "assault weapon" and fyi the average everyday semiautomatic rifle is NOT an "assault" weapon

A gun does nothing but propel a projectile from the barrel. It's the INTENT of the shooter that matters

Yet another fucking idiot who runs screaming " Dedfne Assault rifle. What is the definition" :

You don't seem to understand that what you morons call an "assault" rifle is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle in existence.

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

They fire the exact same round at the same rate of fire with the same accuracy but you think one is an "assault" rifle because it has some plastic doodads on it

So why do you dipsticks buy the scary one?

I think its a mental stability issue.

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

FYI I do not own an AR 15
I happen to own the Ruger Mini 14 as in the bottom image.

I don't own an AR because I already have a .223 caliber semiautomatic rifle that performs exactly the same as the AR but you're scared shitless of the AR because in your ignorance you think that it is somehow different from any other semiautomatic rifle of the same caliber.

Now that you not ignorant on the subject maybe you won't be so scared of black rifles with plastic doodads on them.

58 people...

So you want to make sure mass killers have all options available.

58 people...

Big deal. Conservative icon Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people with a rental truck.

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia

Conservative icon? What bizarro world do you live in? Hey, as long as you're totally ignorant, I have a rainbow farting unicorn in my backyard I'll sell you, cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 people...

guns do not.

I was going from experience to what I have witnesses.

You want to shoot at a gun range, then let the gun range own the weapons.

Suuuuuuuure. If you want to eat, let the restaurant own the food. I'm sure we can solve a lot of obesity and other health issues and thereby save lives. I think you're on to something here. We can solve lots of problems being a nanny state and saving people from themselves. Ok, your turn. What else can we regulate?

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

Why do you buy the 2 door instead of the 4 door? Or the one story instead of the two story? What grade are you in?

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

Why do you buy the 2 door instead of the 4 door? Or the one story instead of the two story? What grade are you in?
Wow, that was a stupid post.

Your gun expert said the two models were functionally the same.

Obviously a four door is different functionally than a two door.

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

I don't own an AR because I already have a .223 caliber semiautomatic rifle that performs exactly the same as the AR but you're scared shitless of the AR because in your ignorance you think that it is somehow different from any other semiautomatic rifle of the same caliber.

Now that you not ignorant on the subject maybe you won't be so scared of black rifles with plastic doodads on them.
Go fuck yourself pretend gun expert. Both should be banned & there were pleny that thought your uger should hasve beedn included in that assault rifle ban but was not - possibly because of a payoff.

So again, see if you hsve the guts to answer my question.,

If both are the same, why do your buddies by the top one?

This rifle

ar15_1.jpg

5816.jpg

Go fuck yourself pretend gun expert. Both should be banned & there were pleny that thought your uger should hasve beedn included in that assault rifle ban but was not - possibly because of a payoff.

So again, see if you hsve the guts to answer my question.,

If both are the same, why do your buddies by the top one?

High capacity magazines should be banned. Rifle and pistol. Only purpose is mass killing.

I

I think the best scenario for all involved and in the best interest of the country is to make it illegal for white conservative males to own weapons more powerful than a BB gun.

Forum List

Back