Which killed more people, 2 rifles, or one rental truck?

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

2016 Nice attack - Wikipedia

So...which killed more people....two rifles, or one rental truck?

Which was harder to get, the two rifles or the rental truck?
a rental truck serves a purpose other than killing.

guns do not.

You continue to make an ass out of yourself with these stupid childish arguments.

Google is your friend asshat. There are many, many legitimate recreational uses for guns other than killing. Fell free to look it up and educate yourself.

So if I never killed anyone with any of my guns I must be using them incorrectly right?
You are certainly not using them for what they were designed for.
Yes I am

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice.
Also if that is the case why make guns that kill people. A BB gun is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice. There would be no need to sell a firearm beyond that power if that were the only reason for it's design. They were designed for killing.

A BB gun can kill a person under the right circumstances.

BBs are not accurate and have very limited range
Meaning you want weapons that have better tools for killing.

No I want to be able to hit a target with accuracy at a distance. BB guns can't do that

A gun fires a projectile that is all it does. That a projectile fired from a gun can kill is a moot point.

Shit you can throw a baseball fast enough to kill someone

You are certainly not using them for what they were designed for.
Yes I am

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice.
Also if that is the case why make guns that kill people. A BB gun is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice. There would be no need to sell a firearm beyond that power if that were the only reason for it's design. They were designed for killing.

No I want to be able to hit a target with accuracy at a distance. BB guns can't do that

A gun fires a projectile that is all it does. That a projectile fired from a gun can kill is a moot point.

No it is not. It is the whole point.

Yes I am

Of course it is because the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owner never kill anyone. A guns is designed to fire a projectile. A chainsaw is designed to remove chunks of material both can be used to kill. It all depends on the choice of the person wielding them

You fail to understand that the target is not the choice of the gun it is the choice of the person pulling the trigger.

Of course it is because the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owner never kill anyone. A guns is designed to fire a projectile. A chainsaw is designed to remove chunks of material both can be used to kill. It all depends on the choice of the person wielding them

You fail to understand that the target is not the choice of the gun it is the choice of the person pulling the trigger.
You fail to understand guns were designed to kill and chainsaws were designed to cut wood. There is a vast difference.

If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.
If he didn't then all his full auto weapons were illegally obtained.
If he modified semiautomatic weapons then they are still illegal

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting deer or possums.

You really should educate yourself about that.

If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

We already have a well regulated militia. So why do civilians need guns?

it's not the choice of weapon, IMO, it's how skillfully it is used in conjunction with how said attacks are planned.

I'm more concerned that this moron gave more organized terrorists another jim dandy of an idea than I am with either rifles or trucks per se right now.

not good...

You fail to understand guns were designed to kill and chainsaws were designed to cut wood. There is a vast difference.

Guns are designed to propel a projectile at a target.
What that target is is determined by the person pulling the trigger.

I

The militia as defined in the Constitution is comprised of and led by the people not the government

I

The militia as defined in the Constitution is comprised of and led by the people not the government
Show me this definition in the constitution.

With the intent to kill. Lets not pretend to be mentally handicapped. No one is dumb enough to actually think guns were designed for target practice. At least try to be credible.

I

Show me this definition in the constitution.

No words are defined in the Constitution it was the vernacular of the times. Just like "well regulated" meant in good working order or disciplined and did not mean government controlled as we take it to mean today

With the intent to kill. Lets not pretend to be mentally handicapped. No one is dumb enough to actually think guns were designed for target practice. At least try to be credible.

Not all people who fire a gun intend to kill. I intend never to kill anyone with any gun I own. I do intend to fire at lots of targets and clay pigeons though

The intent belongs to the person not the gun.

Not all people who fire a gun intend to kill. I intend never to kill anyone with any gun I own. I do intend to fire at lots of targets and clay pigeons though

Besides the point. They were designed to kill and a chainsaw wasnt.

The purpose of any tool is decided by the user of that tool.

Nope. The purpose of any tool is decided by the person that invented it.

Nope. The purpose of any tool is decided by the person that invented it.

If I use a wrench to drive a nail its purpose as I use it is to drive nails.
If I use a wrench to crack some guy's head open its purpose at the time of use is to crack a skull open

The purpose of any tool is defined by the user of that tool at the time it is being used

If a person uses a rock as a tool who defines what the purpose is? The maker of the rock or the person using the rock?

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

2016 Nice attack - Wikipedia

So...which killed more people....two rifles, or one rental truck?

Which was harder to get, the two rifles or the rental truck?
We need to make that Bump Stock illegal. Yesterday.

Did you buy your gun?

Forum List

Back