Which killed more people, 2 rifles, or one rental truck?

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

first, there's no proof his rifles were illegal.

Second, he operated in Nevada, which has the most lax gun laws in the country.

Third, it just shows the problem when you treat gun ownership as a right. The fact that this guy bought 28 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition SHOULD have set off some alarm bells.

The guy in Vegas had two illegal rifles.....versus the other 8,000,000 rifles that law abiding people own and didn't use to commit murder...

He used those rifles to murder 58 people...having passed every single gun control measure the anti-gunners wanted...and would have passed a universal background check as well as registering those guns if it had been required...and if he used 30 round magazines, he could have killed just as many people with 10 round magazines....

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

2016 Nice attack - Wikipedia

So...which killed more people....two rifles, or one rental truck?

Which was harder to get, the two rifles or the rental truck?

First I've read that any of the guns were illegal.

Can you share a source for that?
He MAY have had illegal guns....

Las Vegas shooter may have had illegal automatic weapon - KTAR.com

MAY.

MEH.
If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.
If he didn't then all his full auto weapons were illegally obtained.
If he modified semiautomatic weapons then they are still illegal

I

i dont believe he had full auto

the rate of fire is too slow

first, there's no proof his rifles were illegal.

Second, he operated in Nevada, which has the most lax gun laws in the country.

Third, it just shows the problem when you treat gun ownership as a right. The fact that this guy bought 28 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition SHOULD have set off some alarm bells.
This from the Chicago dude. Where gun laws are very tough, yet Democrats keep shooting each other.

58 people...

A muslim terrorist in France, who didn't have to pass any background check used a rental truck to murder 89 people.....And wounded 458....

MAY.

MEH.
If he had a federal permit for automatic weapons it's an easy thing to find out.

I
Bump stocks and rubber bands can LEGALLY make a semiauto SHOOT and sound very much like a full auto. However, they are NOT full auto.

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

58 people...

a rental truck serves a purpose other than killing.

guns do not.

You continue to make an ass out of yourself with these stupid childish arguments.

I
Why are weapons like this ever sold to anyone in the first place. These are not weapons for hunting deer or 'possums. These are not weapons for those "law abiding citizens" to protect themselves.

Look it is illegal for any civilian to own any automatic weapon made after 1986.
Those that legally own automatic weapons must have a federal permit and tax stamp.

All this guy had it seems were ordinary everyday semiautomatic weapons

58 people...

guns do not.

You continue to make an ass out of yourself with these stupid childish arguments.

So if I never killed anyone with any of my guns I must be using them incorrectly right?

58 people...

MAY.

MEH.

I

i dont believe he had full auto

the rate of fire is too slow
No it seems that it has been determined he had a bump stock

I

Look it is illegal for any civilian to own any automatic weapon made after 1986.
Those that legally own automatic weapons must have a federal permit and tax stamp.

All this guy had it seems were ordinary everyday semiautomatic weapons
Again, I ask why would anyone have a use for these type of weapons. Full automatic, semi automatic... any weapons that was designed to kill many as fast as possible. These are not weapons designed for hunting or protection.

58 people...

guns do not.

So if I never killed anyone with any of my guns I must be using them incorrectly right?
You are certainly not using them for what they were designed for.

58 people...

guns do not.

Yes I am

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice.

58 people...

I feel so much better now.

58 people...

guns do not.

Yes I am

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice.
They were designed for killing. I don't think the gun manufacturers designed their guns to shoot a bunch of holes in tin cans.

58 people...

guns do not.

Yes I am

They were designed for killing. I don't think the gun manufacturers designed their guns to shoot a bunch of holes in tin cans.

No they weren't.

A firearm is designed to propel a projectile at the target chosen by the shooter.

What that target is is completely up to the person pulling the trigger

58 people...

guns do not.

Yes I am

Also if that is the case why make guns that kill people. A BB gun is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice. There would be no need to sell a firearm beyond that power if that were the only reason for it's design. They were designed for killing.

58 people...

guns do not.

Yes I am

Also if that is the case why make guns that kill people. A BB gun is designed to propel a projectile at a high velocity at the target of the shooter's choice. There would be no need to sell a firearm beyond that power if that were the only reason for it's design. They were designed for killing.

A BB gun can kill a person under the right circumstances.

BBs are not accurate and have very limited range

58 people...

Big deal. Conservative icon Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people with a rental truck.

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia

Conservative icon? On what world? I'm a conservative. I was sitting in my office 4 blocks from the blast. My wife was 2 blocks away. My son was at daycare about 10 blocks away. We hate the son of a bitch who is in no way an icon to conservatives. You sir are a moron and a monumental asshole. You liberals never pass up an opportunity to politicize a tragedy.

guns do not.

Yes I am

A BB gun can kill a person under the right circumstances.

BBs are not accurate and have very limited range
Meaning you want weapons that have better tools for killing.

Forum List

Back