CDZ Which issue is more important: Homelessness or Gang Violence?

Don't know where you came with your figure unless your using the figure of how many veterans make up the US population which happens to be 10%.

Veterans who are Homeless
According to
Veteran Homelessness: A Supplement to the 2009 Annual Homelessness Report
released in January 2011 by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development
lxxvi
:

An estimated
veterans (male and female) were homeless on a single night in January

Roughly
veterans experienced homelessness over the course of the year (about
10%
of the total homeless population

).

Roughly
44,000 to 66,000 veterans
are experiencing chronic homelessness.

Nearly
one-half
of all homeless veterans on a single night were located in just four states:
California, Florida, New York, and Texas.

Almost all
of sheltered homeless veterans are single adults, however
4%
are part of families.
They tend to be younger, African-American, and female.

HL00690684_lb02.jpg

And a report I read about five years ago from another agency that deals with tracking homeless placed the figure at over fifty percent. Which I am likely to believe than a watered down report from the Veterans agency that doesn't deal with the homeless issue. In other words they're making their crap look good and not stink. Even the article I posted for you above places the number over twice as high as the Vets Administration...

You can believe what you wish to believe but I'll bet the percentages are at least 40-60% of the current homeless population are vets. Most not being accounted for in the statistical reports because the government doesn't want to look bad.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If you would really like to remove both problems then do away with living for generations on welfare and stop the government from controlling businesses. We would have a healthy economy, People would work rather than starve, and families would learn to be families again. Family, charities, and churches were providing safety nets for those who couldn't work long before welfare came along and they would do it again but they would also teach that you need to work to eat. As long as someone can live off of what others contribute they will continue to do so. It happened in the first established community in the new world and it will work, if implemented, now.
Study what happened at Jamestown in 1607 to 1610. It was when the people took responsibility for themselves instead of counting on the establishment that they prospered.

You should probably check out the books at the Gutenberg Project as those history books have not been rewritten to change the story.

Forum List

Back