Which Is More Dangerous When Corrupted, Religion or Government ?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
My friends believe that people are more likely to obey and listen to a religion rather than our government, and because of the threat of punishment by God they fear religion more. Do you also think so? Religion can only affect those who follow it. The government plays a part in everyone of it citizens lives. They control outright or through laws, policies, and taxes everything important. That makes corrupt government much more dangerous than a corrupt religion, I guess.

Religion can only affect those who follow it. The government plays a part in everyone of it citizens lives. They control outright or through laws, policies, and taxes everything important. That makes corrupt government much more dangerous than a corrupt religion, I guess.
I can see that, but religion affects people more deeply.

Interesting question, tough call. Too much dependence on both, in my estimation.

My friends believe that people are more likely to obey and listen to a religion rather than our government, and because of the threat of punishment by God they fear religion more. Do you also think so? Religion can only affect those who follow it. The government plays a part in everyone of it citizens lives. They control outright or through laws, policies, and taxes everything important. That makes corrupt government much more dangerous than a corrupt religion, I guess.

Easy question, government has the guns

You choose whether you believe in God or follow a religion. Government edicts offer no choice. That, it seems to me, is far more dangerous.

Forum List

Back