Which Federal politicians are working for you?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
It's a question, which Federal politicians are working for you, the people, rather than for their own self interest and the interests of the rich and powerful?

Are there any?

They're not supposed to be working for you, themselves, nor the rich. They're supposed to be operating the federal government within the confines of the Constitution. Haven't seen that in well over 100 years.

Well, after a few days no one has actually managed to find a single Federal politician working for the people.

Hardly surprising, is it?

It's a question, which Federal politicians are working for you, the people, rather than for their own self interest and the interests of the rich and powerful?

Are there any?
Of course there are. While I wouldn't say the current crop of Congressional and Executive Branch office holders are "working for me," I can say they keep implementing policies that, for the most part, don't do me harm. Thing is, I can say that about any of the past crops of politicians as well.

Are there any?
Of course there are. While I wouldn't say the current crop of Congressional and Executive Branch office holders are "working for me," I can say they keep implementing policies that, for the most part, don't do me harm. Thing is, I can say that about any of the past crops of politicians as well.

I was more looking for the argument about WHY he is.

When I get time I'll trying and dig up the dirt on him. Right now I have to be doing other stuff.

Are there any?

When I get time I'll trying and dig up the dirt on him. Right now I have to be doing other stuff.
He who?

Are there any?

He who?

Sorry, I thought I was replying to those who had said Rand Paul.

Basically I want people to tell me why these people are working for them and not the rich.

Are there any?

He who?
Understood...NP

Basically I want people to tell me why these people are working for them and not the rich.
Oh, federal election and high appointed office holders are definitely doing decent enough stuff for people of means. I couldn't tell you what they'd doing for lower and middle-middle income earners, though the folks who are upper-middle income (~$200K/year to ~$450K/year] are likely content enough with what "these people," as you call them, are doing.

Are there any?

None and they haven’t for decades, but we are so caught up in partisan BS that the best candidates don’t get elected, only the letter after the name makes a difference.

Are there any?

He who?
Understood...NP

Oh, federal election and high appointed office holders are definitely doing decent enough stuff for people of means. I couldn't tell you what they'd doing for lower and middle-middle income earners, though the folks who are upper-middle income (~$200K/year to ~$450K/year] are likely content enough with what "these people," as you call them, are doing.

Definitely, but did they get elected by these people? Probably not.

It's funny how the voters go out and vote for people not to represent them.

Are there any?

He who?
Understood...NP

Definitely, but did they get elected by these people? Probably not.

It's funny how the voters go out and vote for people not to represent them.
Oh, crap.

I wrote "election" but I meant to write "elected." Apologies.

Are there any?

But....but....but....I thought they were public serpants.......I mean servants.

Forum List

Back