Which cities will be under water in 100 years?

Then there's this

"Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee

Cone-shaped structure was apparently built on dry land some 6,000 years ago, resembles early European burial sites"

o-GIANT-STRUCTURE-SEA-OF-GALILEE-570.jpg

Read more: Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee | The Times of Israel Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee | The Times of Israel

Last edited:
As I wrote above, responsible people and responsible elected officials plan for the worst case scenario:

Actually, the don't, numskull. For example, it's possible a level 10 Earthquake could occur in California. According to you that means RESPONSIBLE elected officials are imposing building codes that require buildings to withstand such a temblor. The reality is that they aren't because the cost of such buildings would be astronomical. Few cities on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts are designed to withstand a level 5 hurricane, even though such hurricanes occur fairly often. Planning against the worst case scenario doesn't make economic sense, so RESPONSIBLE elected officials don't do it. They plan against scenarios that have a reasonable possibility of occurring.

What's a reasonable possibility?

As I wrote above, responsible people and responsible elected officials plan for the worst case scenario:

Lucky for the urban dwellers elected officials from both sides of the aisle (but not the fringe) are planning for the future.

SFBCDC - San Francisco Bay Scenarios for Sea Level Rise Index Map

https://www.usc.edu/org/seagrant/res...erability.html

Responsible elected officials and eyes wide open citizens are planning for the next generations needs. The "I got mine, fuck the rest of you (alive today or in the future) crowd, care not.

So should we plan for a scenario where we are all wiped out by an asteroid the size of Mt Everest? That would be the worst case scenario, wouldn't it?

No, the worst case scenario would be the Republican Party taking the senate, the house and the white house. That they already own the Supreme Court is a given. Under their 'leadership' we can expect the damage and deaths of a normal a weather crisis or other natural disaster to become a 'katrina'; non benign neglect and foolishness as you exhibit will be the cause.

Where I live climate change is an accepted fact and the rising of and growing acidity of the seas is a serious issue to be planed for by responsible and serious people; those who the Republican Party has thrown under the bus as RINO and whose current supporters seem all to be as cocksure and foolish as you.

Calm down

Nothing to worry about. Republicans will let us know when it becomes a problem

Then there's this

"Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee

Cone-shaped structure was apparently built on dry land some 6,000 years ago, resembles early European burial sites"

o-GIANT-STRUCTURE-SEA-OF-GALILEE-570.jpg

Read more: Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee | The Times of Israel Researchers find underwater monument in Sea of Galilee | The Times of Israel

The consensus is in, the debate is over. It was horse powered Chariots!! They were the SUV's of that era. That's what caused it......everyone knows it. Animal farts destroyed the ancient world.....

Where I live climate change is an accepted fact and the rising of and growing acidity of the seas is a serious issue to be planed for by responsible and serious people; those who the Republican Party has thrown under the bus as RINO and whose current supporters seem all to be as cocksure and foolish as you.

If true, then there a potential benefit from a Republican victory I had failed previously to appreciate!

Do we have to do original research, or can we just find the list of cities y'all claimed would already be underwater and scratch out the dates?

If true, then there a potential benefit from a Republican victory I had failed previously to appreciate!

Word.

The hell are you talking about? They're all under water right now!

Maybe we could compromise. Just burn enough coal to take out LA and San Francisco.

That chart makes San Fran look about 9 feet high.. Good propaganda for stoking folks like the OP, lousy way to direct public policy. Worst that would happen is you'd have to take a ferry to get to Scoma's on Fishermans Wharf.. LA on the other hand is doable... :badgrin: Ever see that movie Malibu Shark Attack?

b640x600.jpg

Ok, I think I see the problem.

Luddley; when someone uses the term "under water" they are talking about homes and businesses that are mortgaged for more than their present worth. It's also called being upside down.

Forum List

Back