Which cities will be under water in 100 years?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Info-is-beautiful-sea-lev-001.jpg

Read about the image here -

Information is Beautiful: When Sea Levels Attack | News | theguardian.com

Last edited:
As I wrote above, responsible people and responsible elected officials plan for the worst case scenario:

Lucky for the urban dwellers elected officials from both sides of the aisle (but not the fringe) are planning for the future.

SFBCDC - San Francisco Bay Scenarios for Sea Level Rise Index Map

https://www.usc.edu/org/seagrant/res...erability.html

Responsible elected officials and eyes wide open citizens are planning for the next generations needs. The "I got mine, fuck the rest of you (alive today or in the future) crowd, care not.

Those above those levels will probably get so slammed by freak weather no one will feel left out. Kind of like an amusement park ride from Hell.

I was reading something somewhere (sorry for lack of link) of the 10 greatest threats to national security and high on the list was the fact that we are not going to have satellites which will give us early warning for catastrophic storms.

As I wrote above, responsible people and responsible elected officials plan for the worst case scenario:

Lucky for the urban dwellers elected officials from both sides of the aisle (but not the fringe) are planning for the future.

SFBCDC - San Francisco Bay Scenarios for Sea Level Rise Index Map

https://www.usc.edu/org/seagrant/res...erability.html

Responsible elected officials and eyes wide open citizens are planning for the next generations needs. The "I got mine, fuck the rest of you (alive today or in the future) crowd, care not.

So should we plan for a scenario where we are all wiped out by an asteroid the size of Mt Everest? That would be the worst case scenario, wouldn't it?

Wasn't it just last week that Abraham, GoldiRocks and resident religious warmers were telling us that NO ONE is crazy enough to make projections like this??? 2 Days from now -- the warmer denialists will be back to saying that NO ONE is making hysterical predictions that are not gonna happen..

The hysteria is out there. CONSTANTLY...

And that graph is mighty fucked up if they think that San Francisco and South London go way before New Orleans.. Last time I checked, Lombard Street is pretty high up there at the twisty top..

Actually, the don't, numskull. For example, it's possible a level 10 Earthquake could occur in California. According to you that means RESPONSIBLE elected officials are imposing building codes that require buildings to withstand such a temblor. The reality is that they aren't because the cost of such buildings would be astronomical. Few cities on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts are designed to withstand a level 5 hurricane, even though such hurricanes occur fairly often. Planning against the worst case scenario doesn't make economic sense, so RESPONSIBLE elected officials don't do it. They plan against scenarios that have a reasonable possibility of occurring.

More the sky is falling...That's all their crystal balls speak..It's like a cult that cries wolf all the time

so maybe you warmers can put those cities on stilts? relocate them? come back from the dead to save everyone?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back