Which American Restaurant Chains Might Go Under?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA

s-RESTAURANT-CHAIN-BANKRUPTCY-large300.jpg

TheStreet.com recently analyzed the Z-score (a formula that measures a company's financial health through factors such as working capital, total assets, total liabilities, market capitalization, sales, retained earnings and earnings before interest and taxes) of several chain restaurants to forecast the chances of the companies going bankrupt in the next two years.

The article points out that although stocks from companies like McDonald's, Chipotle and Starbucks are generally growing, restaurants like Sbarro's and Marie Callender's filed for bankruptcy this year.

Below is a list of which other chains (market capitalization of at least $100 million) might follow suit, from least risky to most risky:

14. Red Robin

13. Sonic

12. Ruby Tuesday

11. Carrols Restaurant Group (Pollo Tropical, Taco Cabana)

10. Einstein Noah Restaurant Group

9. O'Charley's (its namesake as well as Ninety Nine Restaurant and Stoney River Legendary Steaks)

8. Ruth's Hospitality Group (Ruth's Chris Steak House, Mitchell's Fish Market)

7. McCormick & Schmick's

6. Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (BRAVO! Cucina Italiana and BRIO Tuscan Grille)

5. Domino's Pizza

4. DineEquity (IHOP, Applebee's)

3. Morton's Restaurant Group

2. Wendy's/Arby's

1. Denny's

Learn more about the financial struggles of the individual chains at TheStreet.com.

Shit Red Robins and Sonics are on there, I like those places, they better not shut down Arbys, I love those Roast Beefs, I been eating them since I was a kid.

You buy what I make, I work, I buy what you do for a living, you work, we all support each other, we all work. The Japanese do it - Americans believe in a magical market of freedom. What is so friggin hard to understand here. Oh, sorry, I forgot about corporations that control markets, build cheap over there, and control our congress. Darn, I must be getting old I keep forgetting the obvious America today.

"In corporate culture, keiretsu refers to a uniquely Japanese form of corporate organization. A keiretsu is a grouping or family of affiliated companies that form a tight-knit alliance to work toward each other's mutual success. The keiretsu system is also based on an intimate partnership between government and businesses. It can best be understood as the intricate web of relationships that links banks, manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors with the Japanese government.

These ironclad corporate alliances have caused much debate and have been called "government-sponsored cartels." While some think keiretsu are a menace to trade, others see them as a model for change. Features common to most keiretsu include "main bank," stable shareholding, and seconded directors. Some keiretsu concepts have no American parallel such as "general trading company." The keiretsu system is one of the profound differences between Japanese and US business structures."

What is keiretsu? - Definition from Whatis.com

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs."

The Level Field Institute

Like Sonic, Arby's and Wendy's.......hate to see them go

Shit Red Robins and Sonics are on there, I like those places, they better not shut down Arbys, I love those Roast Beefs, I been eating them since I was a kid.

Ya know, when you finally pass from this world the undertaker won't have to worry about "preserving" your remains, all the chemicals in the food you eat will have accomplished that.
The ancient Egyptians could learn a thing or two from that.

Forum List

Back