Hot Dog!!!

How do you like your hot dog prepared?

• I like mine raw. Just take it out of the package and bring it to me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooked on the grill.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Broiled in the oven.

• Boiled on the stove.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cooked over a campfire by holding it over the fire on a stick.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Deep fat fried. Toss it in with the french fries.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Well, the 4th is upon us. What's says "Freedom" and "Liberty" and celebrates the 4th of July more than a Hot Dog? So, with this in mind, what's the best way to cook your hot dog? Take the poll. I vote for grilled.

Speaking of hot dogs, the Nathans Hot Dog eating contest at Coney Island is Monday, July 4th at noon.

The thing about boiling- it removes a lot of the salt and fat.
Maybe I'll try a boil followed by a grill. :thup:

Why would you want to do that? :eusa_hand:

I like them cooked on a charcoal grill but cooked on an open fire is also mighty tasty.

The best way to enjoy them is to buy them on a bogo sale then have coupons for each pack so you get them ubbbber cheap!

Never, ever, ever boil a hot dog. Are you trying to ruin the damn thing??!!! :evil:
If you're gonna cook them in a liquid, steep the dog in hot water (beer, etc) on medium low for at least an hour, two hours would be better. And never, ever destroy the flavor with ketchup.
Bunch of uncultured barbarians!! :evil:

Never, ever, ever boil a hot dog. Are you trying to ruin the damn thing??!!! :evil:
If you're gonna cook them in a liquid, steep the dog in hot water (beer, etc) on medium low for at least an hour, two hours would be better. And never, ever destroy the flavor with ketchup.
Bunch of uncultured barbarians!! :evil:

That's MR uncultured barbarian to you, pal.
But I like that steep theory. When you buy a dog from a cart vendor, there they are...
steeping...

Ketchup is good for a holiday dog, but when it comes to serious munching - definite no no. My fave is kraut and stone ground mustard.

Hot Dog!!!

excessive-panting-in-dogs.jpg

I prefer steamed. And only Hebrew National, Kirkland Signature, Sabrett's, or Sinai Kosher.

beef_franks.jpg

Just don't buy these by mistake:

spam_hot_dog2.jpg

my choice is not present.....:eusa_hand:

pan or flat grill frying them is best. I eat Hebrew nationals, get pan, lightly coat with oil spray medium heat, roll them back and forth, straight to bun, mustard only is no.1 no 2 mustard and sauerkraut.....crunchy flavorful........booyah!

First and foremost - not to eat hot dogs at all.
Rather, eat sausages:
Italian
Hot Italian
Chorizio
Spiced lamb (gyro dogs)
etc. etc. etc.
All 50 times better than a crappy hot dog

Cooked on a grill until it's burnt! I'll take a couple with just mustard.

Forum List

Back