Where's That Executive Order?

I've read the replies from republicans in this thread. It's obvious to me the point of my post went very much over their heads.

The man lied to you. He manipulated you. Yet you have no problem with it. You ignore it and try to make excuses for it. You go off on that amendment while knowing that it's the law of the land and nothing will ever change that.

Keep ignoring that you're being played, that you're being manipulated, that you're being lied to non stop.

Elections have consequences.

So do people who lie and try to manipulate. There are consequences.

The congress will unfortunately be reduced to non stop investigations into the non stop crimes and conspiracies of the trump administration and campaign.

The republicans will not budge on anything so all the legislation that comes out of the House of Reps will be killed in the senate. All the legislation that the republicans try to pass in the Senate will be filibustered by the democrats. The only things that will get done are things that neither party can stop the other party from doing.

So with non stop reporting of all the crimes and conspiracies of trump, his campaign and administration, it's going to be much harder for republicans to win elections they don't suppress the votes.

This is very bad for our nation. We need two strong parties for our nation to remain a democratic republic. Republicans are destroying their party with trump as the head of their party and what he's turning it into.

Yet republicans just lap up the lies and manipulations while their own party is being torn to shreds from within.

Get over yourself. Trump is a different type of politician, since he's not really a politician. Trump will try to keep his promises, but his team needs to dot the I's and cross the T's for any EO that won't need 3 tries like the travel ban. We agree that "elections have consequences". Trump has the presidency, and the GOP still has the Senate.

As for lying, I'm still waiting for Obama's promised $2,500 saving on Obamacare. Instead my deductibles are so high we can't afford to see a doctor.

The dem Congress can investigate all they want, that clown car makes the dumb & dumber look like brain trusts. They will get nowhere because they're idiots, and have always been low IQ idiots.

Gridlock is a good thing where dems are concerned, so lets hope the GOP lame duck session gets the wall, immigration reform, and kills Obamacare.

You may be right about Trump, but we're still looking forward to 2020. Got any candidates that can beat Trump? Didn't think so.
Hope RBG can hang in...6 more years...

Bingo. Great post and spot the fuck on.

They keep forgetting Trump isn't a politician and never will be one. He does things his way and there isn't a PC bone in his whole body.

Just before the election trump was saying that he had the authority to void the 14th amendment with an executive order. Saying that he was going to write that order.

He didn't write that order.

I wonder why?

Could it be that he was full of garbage and he knew it? That he only wanted to "fire up" republicans to vote so that the blue wave he knew was coming wasn't as bad?

That blue wave came. It was bad for trump. He expected to pick up a bunch of seats in the Senate but he only got a couple. He went to Montana many times to get rid of Jon Tester yet Tester still won. Same with a couple other democrats he thought he could get voted out of office. The House of Reps is solidly in the hands of the democrats. The democrats control all legislation in the Senate with the filibuster. The next two years don't look very good for trump.

This man lies and manipulates republicans and the republicans just don't care.

The 14th Amendment is never going away.

No matter how much trump lies and says he's going to get rid of it.

All he was doing is lying to you to get people out to vote. Nothing more and it didn't work the way he wanted it to work.

There's nothing in the 14th which establishes birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants who another country can claim allegiance.

Nothing at all.

Here's the thing. It's not always about just trying to hurry up and get elected.

It's about changing the course of history. Ya know? It's about changing and controlling the terms of controversy. It's about winning the conversation.

So, finally we're talking about something very, very important that needs to be resolved.

Birthright citizenship for children of parents of whom another country can claim allegiance has never been adjudicated. Nor is it any place to be found in the 14th.

It's not going away. It's out there now.
I don't see what's wrong with the President's idea..
What’s wrong with it is that an EO doesn’t override the Constitution.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

And “under the jurisdiction of” means “subject to the laws of.” Those with diplomatic immunity are not, and, at the time, Indian Reservations were not.

Jurisdiction is the key word. Are they from America or are they loyal to another country. Are they citizens of another Country,

Birthright citizenship for children of parents of whom another country can claim allegiance has never been adjudicated. Nor is it any place to be found in the 14th.

This is from a previous post by a guy who knows more about it than I do. Natural Citizen.

The SC will decide and its about damned time they took a look at the 14th and what it means.

It was written that way because of all the undocumented slaves at the time. But that is the way it was written.

Just before the election trump was saying that he had the authority to void the 14th amendment with an executive order. Saying that he was going to write that order.

I wonder why?

Could it be that he was full of garbage and he knew it? That he only wanted to "fire up" republicans to vote so that the blue wave he knew was coming wasn't as bad?

That blue wave came. It was bad for trump. He expected to pick up a bunch of seats in the Senate but he only got a couple. He went to Montana many times to get rid of Jon Tester yet Tester still won. Same with a couple other democrats he thought he could get voted out of office. The House of Reps is solidly in the hands of the democrats. The democrats control all legislation in the Senate with the filibuster. The next two years don't look very good for trump.

All he was doing is lying to you to get people out to vote. Nothing more and it didn't work the way he wanted it to work.

Show us the SC that affirms YOUR interpretation of the 24th.
I'll wait

I wonder why?

There's nothing in the 14th which establishes birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants who another country can claim allegiance.

Nothing at all.

Here's the thing. It's not always about just trying to hurry up and get elected.

It's about changing the course of history. Ya know? It's about changing and controlling the terms of controversy. It's about winning the conversation.

So, finally we're talking about something very, very important that needs to be resolved.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

And “under the jurisdiction of” means “subject to the laws of.” Those with diplomatic immunity are not, and, at the time, Indian Reservations were not.

Jurisdiction is the key word. Are they from America or are they loyal to another country. Are they citizens of another Country,

This is from a previous post by a guy who knows more about it than I do. Natural Citizen.

The SC will decide and its about damned time they took a look at the 14th and what it means.

It was written that way because of all the undocumented slaves at the time. But that is the way it was written.

Yes. Its purpose was for the children of ex slaves so they would be recognized as American citizens. Its not needed now.

It wasn't written for the children of illegal aliens to be recognized as Americans.

I wonder why?

I'll wait

LOL You have a long wait because the SC has never looked at the 14th but it should.

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Ummm yes it has: U.S. v Wong Kim Ark
His parents were not U.S. citizens and were subjects of the Chinese Emporer. But Wong was born in the U.S. and therefore by the words of the 14th, a citizen.

The idea that at least one parent has to be a citizen would take away the whole point of the amendment.

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Ummm yes it has: U.S. v Wong Kim Ark
His parents were not U.S. citizens and were subjects of the Chinese Emporer. But Wong was born in the U.S. and therefore by the words of the 14th, a citizen.

The idea that at least one parent has to be a citizen would take away the whole point of the amendment.

I agree I still think our SC should look at the 14th.

I wonder why?

I'll wait

LOL You have a long wait because the SC has never looked at the 14th but it should.

I know but I want to her dance

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Under the Jurisdiction of does refer to diplomats and persons with legitimate Visas. Illegal Immigrants are not under our jurisdiction. This is why they can be deported and have no right to be here.

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Under the Jurisdiction of does refer to diplomats and persons with legitimate Visas. Illegal Immigrants are not under our jurisdiction. This is why they can be deported and have no right to be here.
No, diplomats are NOT under the jurisdiction of the U.S.

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Duh that is what I said. It references diplomats who are not under our jurisdiction, and Legal Visa holders who are. Illegals are not under our jurisdiction, so they can be deported. Diplomats can too. Legal Visa holders and Citizens different rules apply and they have more rights than a diplomat or an illegal.

Nothing at all.

Yes. Its purpose was for the children of ex slaves so they would be recognized as American citizens. Its not needed now.

It wasn't written for the children of illegal aliens to be recognized as Americans.

Not just their children but them too.

I think you need a new amendment to change it. Just like the 2nd.

Nothing at all.

Duh that is what I said. It references diplomats who are not under our jurisdiction, and Legal Visa holders who are. Illegals are not under our jurisdiction, so they can be deported. Diplomats can too. Legal Visa holders and Citizens different rules apply and they have more rights than a diplomat or an illegal.
The 14th says nothing about visa holders. And yes, people here illegally are definitely under U.S. Jurisdiction and subject to U.S. law. Do I need to quote the parts of Wong Kim Ark that deal with jurisdiction?

I wonder why?

You're not too bright, are you.
All Trump did was light a fire under people's asses. How do you think Obama got same-sex marriages? By just talking about it in public. All we need is someone willing to challenge it in court and your false interpretation of the 14th Amendment goes bye-bye now that the Supremes are mostly conservative.
Why do you think the stupid Dummycraps in the House still want to impeach Kavanaugh?

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Jurisdiction means citizenship,..... if you are a citizen of another country. You have to be here legally and have no other citizenship or can have duel citizenship. But in order to get that you need to be registered and documented. This is why so many have changed from being undocumented illegals to being called refugees.

Now if Trump were a dictator, like so many of you seem to want him to operate as, the 14th would be in the congressional roundfile ,headed to the constitutional shreader

~S~

I wonder why?

It's next to the Executive Order for the 10% middle class tax cuts -- he said it would be done before the midterms, I am willing to give him a couple of more weeks -- this will really help with my X-mas shopping...#MAGA

I wonder why?

It's next to the Executive Order for the 10% middle class tax cuts -- he said it would be done before the midterms, I am willing to give him a couple of more weeks -- this will really help with my X-mas shopping...#MAGA

Not an Executive Order it needs to be done by congress.
So don't count on it.

I wonder why?

Nothing at all.

Jurisdiction means citizenship,..
No it doesn’t. That would be a bizarre reading of the 14th to claim that those born already citizens are citizens. And the idea that parents have to be citizens takes away the whole point of the amendment.

The courts have been clear that the only cases of in the U.S. not under its jurisdiction are those with diplomatic immunity and areas controlled by foreign troops, and, until 1926, Indian Reservations.

But please, show me the case law you are citing.

Forum List

Back