Where us fatties are

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
as-graphic-obesity-in-USA-v3.jpg

OK, so it’s not PC to say that. I don’t care. I’m a blob of fat and hate every second of not losing it.

"Almost 50 years into the upward curve of obesity rates we haven't yet found the right mix of programs to stop the epidemic.”

"Isolated programs and calls for lifestyle changes aren't enough.

Instead, our report highlights the fundamental changes that are needed in the social and economic conditions that make it challenging for people to eat healthy foods and get sufficient exercise."

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?

And what’s the secret to a diet that keeps blood sugar levels from dropping like a stone?

(Just came back from a visit to the ER and my BS was at 32 – hypoglycemia.)

More of the story @ Obesity map of USA reveals the states where 40% are dangerously overweight

I've lost 40 lbs since I moved to CO. It's because of the altitude. You spends gobs of calories just trying to breathe. :)

as-graphic-obesity-in-USA-v3.jpg

OK, so it’s not PC to say that. I don’t care. I’m a blob of fat and hate every second of not losing it.

"Almost 50 years into the upward curve of obesity rates we haven't yet found the right mix of programs to stop the epidemic.”

"Isolated programs and calls for lifestyle changes aren't enough.

Instead, our report highlights the fundamental changes that are needed in the social and economic conditions that make it challenging for people to eat healthy foods and get sufficient exercise."

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?

And what’s the secret to a diet that keeps blood sugar levels from dropping like a stone?

(Just came back from a visit to the ER and my BS was at 32 – hypoglycemia.)

More of the story @ Obesity map of USA reveals the states where 40% are dangerously overweight
The coming recession might be deep enough for us to have a good famine.

I've read several sources of the same thing--people who claim they went from xxl size 22 to 14. I don't know if it's true. They said you don't have to exercise, but a lot of them cut out sugar to hasten the process or due to diabetes. Some people do it because their large size brings about knee pressure and a lot of knee and leg pains.
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
Chase with at least one cup of bottled or purified water.
Drink before going to bed
Every night for 6 months
You'll be thinner. Do not miss any nights.

This process alleges that it goes after belly fat for people who have an overlap of fat below the waistline. Anatomists call that area the "greater omentum" which translates to "the apron."

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I'm on day 3 and am about to drink my 4th dose. It tastes terrible so far. Some people say they grow to like the taste of it and start having more energy somewhere between week 1 and 2. I hate it. I think you need to drink plenty of water day and night, though, especially if the vinegar is overly acid. I think I'd take multivitamins in the morning, but if you're taking vitamin K you're supposed to not any more. If your doctor prescribed vitamin K, don't do the keto thing. You better look it up online to see if you would have deleterious drug interactions. Most people who have gained too much weight need to learn to walk on an exercise walking machine at a gymn, working up from 1/10 mile going slow to walking a mile in graduations over a 3-month timespan. It's a calorie burn, but keep in mind, you may burn calories better, but technically, you have to walk 35 miles to lose one pound of body fat.

Load this into your search engine to check up if there are contraindications to vinegar in your body's makeup:

(1) The health benefits of vitamin supplements on longevity
(2) Issues related to Keto dieting
(3) Tricks to help you stop overeating
(4) The importance of hydration when losing weight by dieting or fasting
(5) The health benefits of watermelon in controlling blood sugar issues
(6) Lutein, Zeazanthan, Vitamin A and Vitamin D from cooked pumpkin
(7) The importance of not overdosing on Vitamin C
(8) The role of Beets, carrots, radish, a slice of raw potato, and chopped fresh celery in reducing lung cancer risks
(9) The importance of moderation in exercise, eating, and enjoying life after age 50.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm not going to worry too much about anything but putting the disgusting vinegar routine for 6 months if I can possibly stand the yukkiness of it.

When you're losing weight, don't forget to hit the rowing machine on days when your knees will not stand up to more than a 5-minute walk. Do not overdo working out if your family has a history of heart disease sudden deaths in it, out to third cousins and death causes back 3 generations. It's smart to do a 10 minute workout rather than to kill yourself with an hour of overdoing muscles. If you lose track of time and you know you're gonna be sore, go to a health food store and ask them for a product called "Laticum acidum." Especially if you haven't got time for the pain. It works. Hoarde it. Once locals find out about it, they drain it off the health food stores, and they have to order it constantly until the workout fad stuff goes out of fashion or favor. Taking it means you don't have to have pain if you forget and work a little too hard. I'm not sure if it has an influence on metabolism. And when you start getting in shape you will notice your interrupted sleep may not be quite as up and down all night any more. I always have 3 vials of it around in case I get stupid at the gymn and revert to thinking I'm 20 today. <giggle> It happens.

Thanks for posting this state-by-state rate, Longknife. I'm jealous of Coloradoans being the only green state anywhere close to here. Well, I'm off to the kitchen sink where the barfy apple cider vinegar bottle is. Meh!

Last edited:
I've read several sources of the same thing--people who claim they went from xxl size 22 to 14. I don't know if it's true. They said you don't have to exercise, but a lot of them cut out sugar to hasten the process or due to diabetes. Some people do it because their large size brings about knee pressure and a lot of knee and leg pains.
1/2 cup water
Every night for 6 months

This process alleges that it goes after belly fat for people who have an overlap of fat below the waistline. Anatomists call that area the "greater omentum" which translates to "the apron."

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I'm on day 3 and am about to drink my 4th dose. It tastes terrible so far. Some people say they grow to like the taste of it and start having more energy somewhere between week 1 and 2. I hate it. I think you need to drink plenty of water day and night, though, especially if the vinegar is overly acid. I think I'd take multivitamins in the morning, but if you're taking vitamin K you're supposed to not any more. If your doctor prescribed vitamin K, don't do the keto thing. You better look it up online to see if you would have deleterious drug interactions. Most people who have gained too much weight need to learn to walk on an exercise walking machine at a gymn, working up from 1/10 mile going slow to walking a mile in graduations over a 3-month timespan. It's a calorie burn, but keep in mind, you may burn calories better, but technically, you have to walk 35 miles to lose one pound of body fat.

Load this into your search engine to check up if there are contraindications to vinegar in your body's makeup:

(8) The role of Beets, carrots, radish, a slice of raw potato, and chopped fresh celery in reducing lung cancer risks
(9) The importance of moderation in exercise, eating, and enjoying life after age 50.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm not going to worry too much about anything but putting the disgusting vinegar routine for 6 months if I can possibly stand the yukkiness of it.

When you're losing weight, don't forget to hit the rowing machine on days when your knees will not stand up to more than a 5-minute walk. Do not overdo working out if your family has a history of heart disease sudden deaths in it, out to third cousins and death causes back 3 generations. It's smart to do a 10 minute workout rather than to kill yourself with an hour of overdoing muscles. If you lose track of time and you know you're gonna be sore, go to a health food store and ask them for a product called "Laticum acidum." Especially if you haven't got time for the pain. It works. Hoarde it. Once locals find out about it, they drain it off the health food stores, and they have to order it constantly until the workout fad stuff goes out of fashion or favor. Taking it means you don't have to have pain if you forget and work a little too hard. I'm not sure if it has an influence on metabolism. And when you start getting in shape you will notice your interrupted sleep may not be quite as up and down all night any more. I always have 3 vials of it around in case I get stupid at the gymn and revert to thinking I'm 20 today. <giggle> It happens.

Thanks for posting this state-by-state rate, Longknife. I'm jealous of Coloradoans being the only green state anywhere close to here. Well, I'm off to the kitchen sink where the barfy apple cider vinegar bottle is. Meh!
Some info on vinegar for you, B. It might help with weight loss, but I'm thinking it would help BEFORE MEALS instead of at bedtime?
Have a read.

1/2 cup water
Every night for 6 months

Some info on vinegar for you, B. It might help with weight loss, but I'm thinking it would help BEFORE MEALS instead of at bedtime?
Have a read.
Something in the ACV assists in converting stored fat to fat being used as energy ~ but the thing is, you still need to be in an energy deficit to be burning regardless of eating ACV or anything else that assists with "what" you burn.

I just wrote a diet for a client that makes use of ACV every 2nd or 3rd day...its not worth a ritualistic necessity because its gunna give you a pretty miniscule impact...but impactful things compound.

a lot of it is genetics
Obesity Causes
also, I rarely see a ''fat'' Asian
Clinic-Compare.jpg
No, not genetics. It's diet. Asians drink green tea like fat Germans and Americans guzzle down beer. Green tea has a number of beneficial chemicals in it that are calming to inflammation, which can trigger the appetite. AS a consequence they may not zero in on it's time to eat good food till ya explode. Green tea just puts you in a so-what, laid back, la-de-da mood, like satisfaction, sort of. It levels down blood sugar ups and downs, too, at least it plays a role in it.

I always have one cup of coffee in the morning in honor of the Boston tea party guys who sent a message to foreign countries that America would not be overtaxed by anyone anymore, and to remember which Congressional gnat voted that last $10 per capita tax to fund their pet rock project like to cover Hillary's ass for selling 20% of America's uranium to Russia, who will double their money on the way home by dropping it on Iran's doorstep so they can bomb the hell out of Israel. Yep. I'm not giving up that coffee that reminds me of the brave Bostonians of years past. And the green tea takes away the excesses wish that comes from inflammation of systems in the body we don't even consciously think about unless we twist and for the first time know where the liver is due to the pain from inflammation. If you haven't got time for the pain, drink a couple of 20 oz glasses of green tea over a day's time (5 8-oz cups). And the upside is it is grown in the warmer climates that have grown it for centuries. Go celtics!

a lot of it is genetics
Obesity Causes
Clinic-Compare.jpg
No, not genetics. It's diet. Asians drink green tea like fat Germans and Americans guzzle down beer. Green tea has a number of beneficial chemicals in it that are calming to inflammation, which can trigger the appetite. AS a consequence they may not zero in on it's time to eat good food till ya explode. Green tea just puts you in a so-what, laid back, la-de-da mood, like satisfaction, sort of. It levels down blood sugar ups and downs, too, at least it plays a role in it.

I always have one cup of coffee in the morning in honor of the Boston tea party guys who sent a message to foreign countries that America would not be overtaxed by anyone anymore, and to remember which Congressional gnat voted that last $10 per capita tax to fund their pet rock project like to cover Hillary's ass for selling 20% of America's uranium to Russia, who will double their money on the way home by dropping it on Iran's doorstep so they can bomb the hell out of Israel. Yep. I'm not giving up that coffee that reminds me of the brave Bostonians of years past. And the green tea takes away the excesses wish that comes from inflammation of systems in the body we don't even consciously think about unless we twist and for the first time know where the liver is due to the pain from inflammation. If you haven't got time for the pain, drink a couple of 20 oz glasses of green tea over a day's time (5 8-oz cups). And the upside is it is grown in the warmer climates that have grown it for centuries. Go celtics!
Green tea is caffeinated.

1/2 cup water
Every night for 6 months

Have a read.
When I grew up in Texas, my family moved to San Antonio, where Dad was put on an assignment in the Cold War, so he trained there before we headed up to Fort Richardson, Alaska, under the excuse his old boss in WWII Pacific Theater wanted him to "coach the baseball team." Yeah, right. But that was his story. And the team did pretty darn good. (They beat the Mooses and the Polar Bears). :laughing0301:
Anyhow, in second grade at the Army base in San Antone, they serve every single cotton pickin' tray cup filler drowned in vinegar. Nyuck! Ahhh-hhh-rgh! Phhhhhffft! OOOOoooo! I decided I'd never buy a drop of vinegar when I grew up, and that would mean food would taste good. So let me gripe about vinegar. I like to kick bullies anyway, and vinegar is my biggest bully. And that's my story. :D

Glad you mentioned that. When you're cutting back, you should never cut out protein. I was reading the other day at Web MD or somewhere, and they claimed the two very best meat proteins were from cattle and chicken, and fat doesn't matter, because you only get 3 oz at one meal, and if you omit both white flour and sugar from your plate, you get an extra 2 ounces. You havta reward yourself some way, and the iron in beef is good for the production of hemoglobin, which is a backbone of a red blood corpuscle that builds calorie-defeating muscles.

Just sayin' dieting isn't all bad if you know how to beat the system with good flavors you love. And your T-bone steaks look wonderful.

That reminds me, I was looking up Holland the other day on another thread, and this thread made me look to see if there were some tricks the Holland Dutch use slipping in something good from the oven that would assist those of us with a sweet tooth we'd like to have pulled but are afraid to ask the dentist. :D

Anyhow, I found a recipe source for people who visit Holland and want authentic Holland food. I found 2 things--ultra thin waffles with carmel smeared inside, and apple pie that is made without sugar because you use triple the number of apples, cook them slightly in water until the water boils, then slide the partly-cooked apples, and stack them between light powderings of cinnamon, cardamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Then roll out a thin, butter-based dough very thin crust for a 10-inch pie plate, with fork holes at 1/2" intervals so steam can escape without tearing up the crust, just before you start stacking high your apples slices and spice shakings. Then roll out a 14" round thin as possible from your pie dough, cover the 3" stack of thin-sliced spiced unsweetened apples and flute the top and bottom layers of thin crust, using a drop of water where it's too dry to seal it good. The only 1 thing you need to remember is to use the type of apple that is picked sweet but doesn't turn to applesauce like summer apples do. When you start cutting out sugar from your diet, it doesn't have to be fatal. Just buy more good apples like Granny Smith or Gala, and there's a couple of other new apples I can't recall the names of that are sweet but don't lose their form and turn to applesauce in a pie. (patooie!) Cut 2 inch slices when the baking is done. Without sugar added, an hour might be okay, but if you break down and use even 1/4 cup of sugar, watch the baking time because sugar burns and can ruin the best pie ever.

One other trick I figured out is that I can't tell the difference between using 3/4 of a cup of sugar and using 1/4 cup of sugar to sweeten a pumpkin pie, if you are using the Libby's pie recipe (my favorite because of spice perfection in the recipe). And if it's a little unsweet to those who have a more desperate love for things of the sweet tooth, if you make the slightest effort to enjoy the taste of cancer-fighting, disease-resistant and happy-heart-making pumpkin pie, you're on your way to beating adult-onset diabetes, if it runs in your family, even by one parent who didn't get the disease until he or she turned 60. You will also aid and abet your weight loss program by learning to eat real unsweetened fruits that are picked well, and pumpkins with no green veins on them when you buy them fresh at the store at this time of year.

The great thing about eating smart is that you should remember--if the food is in the basic 4 (and sugar is definitely not there), you will start appreciating the flavor of the plant if you do not kill it with salt, flour, and sugar. Also, if you start grinding oatmeal into flour, keep in mind it is your heart's best friend, and if you bought your wife a Kitchen Aid mixer, there is a grinder attachment that fits all Kitchen Aid products (unless they changed), which I doubt seriously. But. Ya never know, so read before buying add-ons to a great long-lasting, guaranteed fully, product that is made in America. :texflag:(at least, I hope it's still being made here.) :salute:

a lot of it is genetics
Obesity Causes
Clinic-Compare.jpg

Green tea is caffeinated.
Thanks. I guess I'm one person whose appetite is calmed by the green tea and aggravated if I drink more than a cup of coffee, so I resorted to the green tea to stop the hunger pains that always follow a few hours after drinking coffee. Sorry it doesn't work for you. Every third day or so, I use herbal teas flavored like favorite fruits--blueberry, raspberry, pomegranate, and strawberry are tops on my list. For some reason, raspberry likes me the best. Seems to give me pheremones or something. :) All I know is that when I make tea or coffee, it is with distilled water, so no nothing else is there to bother my little system that was diseased severely by straight tap water for 10 years, and adding salt or ice (which is almost sure to magnify my anathema chemical) to the water exacerbates even a quarter cup of tap stuff. My husband thought it had mercury or something bad like that in tap water. I just don't know why I can't have it, but I know in 30 minutes if I was told the restaurant uses filtration, and its cook got careless and drew water from a tap not included in the filtration system. 30 minutes. I'm sick as a dog. There are restaurants you couldn't hogtie me into entering their door after I got sick there off tap water that was not treated as stated by the waiter. I ask every time, because my body knows shortly if its true anyway. In science they call such an anomaly of sensitivity an "indicator specie." Additionally, I hate being lied to for any reason on account of it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GT

Forum List

Back