Where to eat in NYC

Try any restaurant on restaurant row. You can't go wrong. Little Italy has many pleasant surprises too. I do miss the NYC eating experience. Bobby Van's, Keen's, Spark's are great steakhouses.

sparks is my favorite steakhouse in nyc... almost as good as dino and harry's in hoboken.

I will keep that one in mind if I am ever back in the metro area.

it's my understanding that at least some of the scenes from the film, On The Waterfront, were filed at Dino & Harry's

Dino and Harrys - Hoboken NJ

Aperitivo - 56th bet. 5th & 6th. 212-765-5155

It is the best unknown restaurant in NYC on the west side, in my opinion....if you have a lot of money to spend! :)

The veal chop is the best of the best, about 3 inches thick. The pasta dishes are also authentic and wonderful, no matter what you choose....it is very small, maybe 20 tables, so it is not loud and crazy, you have to make reservations, especially if you are eating late, which most business people do.

For lunch, I would recommend the Stage door Deli.....the corn beef on rye, it is at least 5 inches high! You will have to share it, because it can not be eaten by one person alone! Matt and I sat near Howie Mandel the last time we ate there! It is on Broadway and around 49th street I believe....

Stage Door Deli
1600 Broadway, New York, NY 10019-7413 (212) 262-4817

OOOHhh...i love stage deli! Me and the tongue sandwich... you're bad Care,now im hungry!

Last edited:
I am always on the hunt for great places to eat in NYC and it seems as if we have quite a few NYC dwellers here. Any one have some favorite spots you want to share?
Try any restaurant on restaurant row. You can't go wrong. Little Italy has many pleasant surprises too. I do miss the NYC eating experience. Bobby Van's, Keen's, Spark's are great steakhouses.

mmmmmm i will have to try Sark's.

I am always on the hunt for great places to eat in NYC and it seems as if we have quite a few NYC dwellers here. Any one have some favorite spots you want to share?

Make sure to ask for a seat in the No Shooting section.

A couple of my favorite places are The Cowgirl Hall of fame. I love the Freto pie and the "baked potato" dessert. I am also very fond of the cafe on top of the fairway market.

Spark's is nice. My favorite is probably Keene's, at least for atmosphere. It is an old Smoking Club and the ceiling still houses the meerschaum pipes of club members. Presidents, actors. athletes, varios celebrity. Bobby Van's has an incredible seafood tower. Oh , and if you like seafood try the Oyster Bar. The menu is printed fresh everyday because the selection is always fresh. The foyer out front is probably 50 feet across or better, with a tall cathedral ceiling. The acoustics are so perfect that if you stand in one corner and your friend stands in the other and whispers you can hear what they say clearly. Koi is great for Japanese. There are so many places really.

Becco is a great restaurant there, afterwards go for drinks at House of Brews or Bourbon st.

Vincent's is my favorite Little Italy restaurant and Katz's deli is a wonderful place on the lower eastside.

It is the best unknown restaurant in NYC on the west side, in my opinion....if you have a lot of money to spend! :)

The veal chop is the best of the best, about 3 inches thick. The pasta dishes are also authentic and wonderful, no matter what you choose....it is very small, maybe 20 tables, so it is not loud and crazy, you have to make reservations, especially if you are eating late, which most business people do.

For lunch, I would recommend the Stage door Deli.....the corn beef on rye, it is at least 5 inches high! You will have to share it, because it can not be eaten by one person alone! Matt and I sat near Howie Mandel the last time we ate there! It is on Broadway and around 49th street I believe....

Stage Door Deli

OOOHhh...i love stage deli! Me and the tongue sandwich... you're bad Care,now im hungry!

sorry care, but i'm gonna go with this as the best deli in nyc ;)

The Official 2nd Ave Deli Kosher Restaurant & Caterers Website

Becco is a great restaurant there, afterwards go for drinks at House of Brews or Bourbon st.

Vincent's is my favorite Little Italy restaurant and Katz's deli is a wonderful place on the lower eastside.

Thanks, Ill give them all a look. What are your favorite things at Becco and Vincents?

Ya know, i've not been to Katz's yet but its on my list of places to go along with Yonah Schimmel. I know Stage and Ben Ash well as they are close to the hotel we stay at. Been to Arties up on Broadway and Sarges in midtown (love their bread).

So many good steakhouses.

Peter Lugar's in Brooklyn is awesome. The bacon was amazing.

I know this is bad....but ive never gotten into exploring the boroughs. :eek:

Thanks for the tip i will look the up :)

Stage Door Deli

sorry care, but i'm gonna go with this as the best deli in nyc ;)

The Official 2nd Ave Deli Kosher Restaurant & Caterers Website

COOL! Thats near sarges. :)

guys love lugar's... it's all guy-like. but they don't do filet mignon... the slabs of porterhouse are wild looking.

Well i go all ways..sheshe high end to TX size slabs.

Thanks, Ill give them all a look. What are your favorite things at Becco and Vincents?

Ya know, i've not been to Katz's yet but its on my list of places to go along with Yonah Schimmel. I know Stage and Ben Ash well as they are close to the hotel we stay at. Been to Arties up on Broadway and Sarges in midtown (love their bread).

I usually hit Becco for the pasta buffet, they bring around a few different kinds and you eat as much as you want. At Vincent's I usually have Baked Ziti, I hear they have a killer hot sauce but I am a wimp with hot spicy food so I stay away from that.
I dont like Arties on the upper westside for the simple fact I stopped by while working to get an egg cream and they charged over $5 and it was like only 8 ounces, biggest rip off I have ever seen, you can get a giant one at Katz's for a similar price.
I live in midtown on the westside(just a few blocks from restaurant row) and there are a lot of interesting less known restaurants around here as well.

outerboroughs? ah... some great places... smith street in brooklyn has everything, well, except for nathan's in coney island and the best pizza in ny... but if you're in the city, prolly easier to eat in manhattan.

outerboroughs? ah... some great places... smith street in brooklyn has everything, well, except for nathan's in coney island and the best pizza in ny... but if you're in the city, prolly easier to eat in manhattan.

LOL... get into manhattan and the time just fly's! I never seem to make it over the bridges or through the tunnels...

Forum List

Back