Where Romney didn't help himself- likability.

Yesterday I predicted that that each person would see their guy as winner....

...but watching Romney look like Sherman marching through Atlanta, I said...nope...nobody will see that as other than a romp.

Along comes Erroneous Joe....the least objective poster on the board, ready to support my 'erroneous' prediction!

I knew you had to have SOME purpose.

BIzzaro Chick.

Didn't watch the debate. Didn't care to, didn't want to.

Because debates are a MEANINGLESS excercise
. The political landscape littered with guys who "won" debates and still lost the election.

Romney managed to actually look like he was still alive when even his own side was declaring his candidacy dead. Seriously, the most "lowered" expectations since the Special Olympics, really.

Next debate, Obama will be a lot more aggressive, and people will marvel at his "comeback".

And that will be a sham, too.

It's all a lot of theatre to keep stupid people entertained while we fill 33 more days of election.

then why did you start a thread on the debate?

Fact is we don't care about your whining or who you think was forced on people
Obama was forced ON US and now we are ready for him to be GONE, bye bye

You're ready for that, but the people who put him in aren't.

Again, what I'm not hearing.

"I voted for Obama in 2008, but I'm voting for Romney this time."

Have not heard that yet. Not once.

On the other hand, I voted for McCain in 2008, but I'll vote for Obama this time because I think Romney is such a slimeball.

I've become disenchanted with the GOP for other reasons, mostly that the religious kooks have hijacked it, but mostly, it's about Romney.

I heard a black American man on a local talk show this morning call in and say just that. He has now changed his mind, he admitted that he only voted for Obama the first time because Obama was a black man, but he can't do it this time. Up until he watched him last night, he was going to vote Obama. The debate changed his mind. Hopefully there are many more out there like that. :clap2:

Well...except for Romney's sanitation guy.

Democrats are confusing likeability with pity. Even I felt sorry for obama last night. This debate should be shown in schools across the nation of what it looks like when you blow off studying. obama had no command of the facts. He had his manufactured Romney positions that fell off a cliff when the campaign speech collided with reality. It's one thing to give a speech about tax cuts for the rich, and another to have to say it in front of the person you're lying about who can say "I never said that".
It shows what happens when you try to paper over what an utter failure you are.

There's no amount of practice that can conceal that.

Define "likability" in the context of a presidential race. If you're voting for your president based on who would be the coolest one to have a beer with then you're probably an idiot. I couldn't really care a whole lot if the guy seems like a scumbag or seems like the greatest guy in the world. Can he lead? Can he bring people together? Can he get shit done? Would he run the government as you want to see it run? That's the kind of stuff that should matter a whole lot more than "which guy do you think would spend more time petting puppies."

It would be nice if you actually watched the debate before you start a thread concerning it. This thread just shows where you are Joey....Clueless as usual:eusa_hand:

Why? The debates are pointless theatre. A debate has never changed the outcome of an election and never will.

Just as a sanity check, I did talk to a bunch of co-workers today. Few of them had the pundit's opinions that Romney romped. They thought it was actually kind of boring and both of them were unable to answer straight up questions or tried to change the subject.

In short. No minds were changed. And today, Romney is already being called out on all those whoppers he told.

Define "likability" in the context of a presidential race. If you're voting for your president based on who would be the coolest one to have a beer with then you're probably an idiot. I couldn't really care a whole lot if the guy seems like a scumbag or seems like the greatest guy in the world. Can he lead? Can he bring people together? Can he get shit done? Would he run the government as you want to see it run? That's the kind of stuff that should matter a whole lot more than "which guy do you think would spend more time petting puppies."

Oh, quite the contrary, I think whether I think the man is a decent human being is the top consideration.

This isn't about idealogy for me. It's about Romney's character.

A guy who tortures his dog.
A guy who beats up a smaller weaker kid.
A guy who lords his money over working folks.

Nothing said last night changes that.

Oh, quite the contrary, I think whether I think the man is a decent human being is the top consideration.

This isn't about idealogy for me. It's about Romney's character.

A guy who tortures his dog.
A guy who beats up a smaller weaker kid.
A guy who lords his money over working folks.

Nothing said last night changes that.
Not to mention that Romeny is LDS and you are a strident religious bigot.

Nothing he said last night changes that, either.

[
Not to mention that Romeny is LDS and you are a strident religious bigot.

Nothing he said last night changes that, either.

You're right.

Nothing he said last night makes Mormonism less of a lie.

Nothing he said last night makes me trust them despite their 150 years history of trying to impose theocracy on this country.

My opinion is you can't be a religious bigot. We all have a religous point of view- even atheists- and we reject everyone else's point of view.

There are religions you think are too crazy to trust with the nukes, just like me.

My list just happens to include LDS.

An interesting take from a pollster.

Campaign 2012: Covering the 2012 Presidential Race - Burns & Haberman Blog - POLITICO.com

Democratic pollster Geoff Garin conducted a dial group in Aurora, Colo., tonight for the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action, and writes in a memo that the sample group -- "weak Democrats and independents who voted for Obama in 2008 but who remain open to switching" -- didn't seem swayed by Mitt Romney's performance:

Six in 10 respondents gave President Obama favorable ratings for his overall performance in the debate, compared with just one in seven who did so for Romney.

The starkest difference between the two candidates was in their likeability. Eight in 10 respondents gave President Obama high marks for coming across as likeable and down to earth, while very few felt that way about Governor Romney. The President came out with a distinct advantage over Romney on the important trait, “caring about people,” and respondents were much more likely to give Obama credit for being honest and truthful in discussing the issues.

If Romney got 1 to 4 of 10 leaners then he accomplished what he needed to accomplish. Personally, I think the effects of these debates will be astronomical and 1980; here we come.

See?...You're a bigoted hater and can own up to it.

Well, that gives you one thing over your lolberal hater brethren, for what that's worth.

Again- bigotry would imply I hate them for something unreasonable. I hate them for VERY GOOD REASONS.

Their cult is -

Racist
Homophobic
Misogynistic
A Lie

All things most civilized people disdain today.

but because they call their silly beliefs a "religion", whipped dogs of political correctness won't examine it on it's merits.

A pack of lies and silly beleifs don't become less silly or evil because you dress them up in vestments and call them "a religion".

This is still silly despite the vestments.

cfe9962f6586fbf0124496e28f5241ca.jpg

If Romney got 1 to 4 of 10 leaners then he accomplished what he needed to accomplish. Personally, I think the effects of these debates will be astronomical and 1980; here we come.

I know you need to believe that.

But he needs to get 65% of the white vote to overcome Obama's overwealming advantage with minorities.

And that ain't gonna happen. Even Reagan couldn't pull that off.

But he needs to get 65% of the white vote to overcome Obama's overwealming advantage with minorities.

Minorities also watched the debate.

There's no magical white number that Romney has to get. You're just playing race politics.

There's no magical white number that Romney has to get. You're just playing race politics.

Not playing anything. The GOP has been digging itself into the racial hole for years.

Blacks will vote 96% for Obama again. NOt just because he's black, but because the GOP Brought us "Southern Strategy", oppossition to affirmative action, oppossition to Civil Rights acts, Jesse Helms and Strom Thrumond, the "White Hands" ad, Reagan's Welfare Queens, Willie Horton.

Right now, Hisapnics are going 70-20 for Obama. Again, Romney embraced the crazy Minuteman line, couldn't wait to get himself in good with racists like Brewer and Sheriff Joe the Asshole. I'm personally wondering what the fuck is wrong with this 20%.

Asians went for Obama 56-34 last time. He'll do at least that well this time.

Which means, before a single white person votes, Obama has 25% of the electorate locked up. So Romney has to get 65% of the White Vote to win.

McCain got 55%. He still lost.

Badly.

Minorities also watched the debate.

Yes, they did.

And what did Romney say that swayed them.

Romney looked good in the debate. He really didn't give anyone a reason to change their vote.

Not playing anything. The GOP has been digging itself into the racial hole for years.

Blacks will vote 96% for Obama again. NOt just because he's black, but because the GOP Brought us "Southern Strategy", oppossition to affirmative action, oppossition to Civil Rights acts, Jesse Helms and Strom Thrumond, the "White Hands" ad, Reagan's Welfare Queens, Willie Horton.

Right now, Hisapnics are going 70-20 for Obama. Again, Romney embraced the crazy Minuteman line, couldn't wait to get himself in good with racists like Brewer and Sheriff Joe the Asshole. I'm personally wondering what the fuck is wrong with this 20%.

Asians went for Obama 56-34 last time. He'll do at least that well this time.

Which means, before a single white person votes, Obama has 25% of the electorate locked up. So Romney has to get 65% of the White Vote to win.

McCain got 55%. He still lost.

Badly.

it seems today vote for the person who offers the most Free stuff..

that's how sad our country has become

it seems today vote for the person who offers the most Free stuff..

that's how sad our country has become

You probably have a point there.

But whose fault is that.

The GOP has fought for the last 30 for an enormas wealth redistribution, away from the working class/middle class and towards the wealthy. Everything from tax cuts to union busting to free trade to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

And then when those working class folks have to get food stamps to feed their families because the jobs they work don't pay them enough, you act all surprised that they vote for the people who will totally give them more of that?

This is a hole the GOP dug itself into.

Forum List

Back