Where Romney didn't help himself- likability.

The poll indicates otherwise...

wth Joel, you are going with a poll from some blog?

As opposed to what?

Polls from legit news sources you say are "biased" if they don't say what you want to hear.

What I'm finding this morning is that Romney put in a good performance, but really didn't change any minds.

People who were for Obama are still for him, people who were against him still support Romney. But Romney could be a coat rack and people like you would still support him. Romney is kind of meaningless to his own campaign.

lol, a coat rack...my my you seem upset
your poor Dear Leader didn't show so good huh?:eusa_boohoo:

"Romney thinks I'm grown up enough to take care of myself...I don't like him, he's a mean poopyhead" -- Julia Lakota, 34

That isn't the issue.

As I've said many times, the GOP has created the dependency issue they whine so much about because they've gone along with every stupid, mean-spirited thing the wealthy have done to the working class.

No one watches his child starve on a principle of "self-reliance".

As opposed to what?

Polls from legit news sources you say are "biased" if they don't say what you want to hear.

What I'm finding this morning is that Romney put in a good performance, but really didn't change any minds.

People who were for Obama are still for him, people who were against him still support Romney. But Romney could be a coat rack and people like you would still support him. Romney is kind of meaningless to his own campaign.

Not upset at all.

Fact is, you guys on the right never really wanted Romney, you had him forced on you.

And after he loses, you'll all whine about how he wasn't a real conservative and that's why he lost.

Debates not withstanding, because a debate never changed the trajectory of a presidential election.

As opposed to what?

Not upset at all.

Fact is, you guys on the right never really wanted Romney, you had him forced on you.

And after he loses, you'll all whine about how he wasn't a real conservative and that's why he lost.

Debates not withstanding, because a debate never changed the trajectory of a presidential election.

Fact is we don't care about your whining or who you think was forced on people
Obama was forced ON US and now we are ready for him to be GONE, bye bye

Not upset at all.

You're ready for that, but the people who put him in aren't.

Again, what I'm not hearing.

"I voted for Obama in 2008, but I'm voting for Romney this time."

Have not heard that yet. Not once.

On the other hand, I voted for McCain in 2008, but I'll vote for Obama this time because I think Romney is such a slimeball.

I've become disenchanted with the GOP for other reasons, mostly that the religious kooks have hijacked it, but mostly, it's about Romney.

Even some of the lefty clowns on MSNBCs Morning Joe today were lamenting how bad Barry can be without Mr. Teleprompter telling him what to say.

Romney should have handed him his Habitat for Humanity tool belt when shaking hands afterwards.

I think where Obama didn't help himself was the look he had on his face most of the time....looked like he was eating lemons!! Lol! He also wasn't the "eloguent" speaker he usually is.

Romney whipped his ass!

Again, so?

Kerry won all three debates against Bush, and still lost the election.
:bsflag:

An interesting take from a pollster.

Campaign 2012: Covering the 2012 Presidential Race - Burns & Haberman Blog - POLITICO.com

Democratic pollster Geoff Garin conducted a dial group in Aurora, Colo., tonight for the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action, and writes in a memo that the sample group -- "weak Democrats and independents who voted for Obama in 2008 but who remain open to switching" -- didn't seem swayed by Mitt Romney's performance:

Six in 10 respondents gave President Obama favorable ratings for his overall performance in the debate, compared with just one in seven who did so for Romney.

The starkest difference between the two candidates was in their likeability. Eight in 10 respondents gave President Obama high marks for coming across as likeable and down to earth, while very few felt that way about Governor Romney. The President came out with a distinct advantage over Romney on the important trait, “caring about people,” and respondents were much more likely to give Obama credit for being honest and truthful in discussing the issues.

I think he improved his likability with the Average Voter, and that's what he needed to do.

In a CNN poll, he won the likability poll as well as all other areas.

Last edited:
Not upset at all.

You're ready for that, but the people who put him in aren't.

Again, what I'm not hearing.

"I voted for Obama in 2008, but I'm voting for Romney this time."

Have not heard that yet. Not once.

On the other hand, I voted for McCain in 2008, but I'll vote for Obama this time because I think Romney is such a slimeball.

I've become disenchanted with the GOP for other reasons, mostly that the religious kooks have hijacked it, but mostly, it's about Romney.

I heard a black American man on a local talk show this morning call in and say just that. He has now changed his mind, he admitted that he only voted for Obama the first time because Obama was a black man, but he can't do it this time. Up until he watched him last night, he was going to vote Obama. The debate changed his mind. Hopefully there are many more out there like that. :clap2:

'Weak Democrats and Independents' voted for Obama because he was handsome and did a cute little dance on the Ellen DeGeneris Show.

Romney is for thinking people.

Lets not forget how well he does on the View.

Hey, Woopi.... Go Fuck Yourself.

The poll indicates otherwise...

As opposed to what?

It would be nice if you actually watched the debate before you start a thread concerning it. This thread just shows where you are Joey....Clueless as usual:eusa_hand:

Romney ran towards the middle. If you cannot see this you are either blindly partisan or just not smart. What conservative ideas did he present last night?

Yesterday I predicted that that each person would see their guy as winner....

...but watching Romney look like Sherman marching through Atlanta, I said...nope...nobody will see that as other than a romp.

Along comes Erroneous Joe....the least objective poster on the board, ready to support my 'erroneous' prediction!

I knew you had to have SOME purpose.

BIzzaro Chick.

Didn't watch the debate. Didn't care to, didn't want to.

Because debates are a MEANINGLESS excercise. The political landscape littered with guys who "won" debates and still lost the election.

Romney managed to actually look like he was still alive when even his own side was declaring his candidacy dead. Seriously, the most "lowered" expectations since the Special Olympics, really.

Next debate, Obama will be a lot more aggressive, and people will marvel at his "comeback".

And that will be a sham, too.

It's all a lot of theatre to keep stupid people entertained while we fill 33 more days of election.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQW9I02nz74]Aesop's Fable 'Sour Grapes' - YouTube[/ame]

Romney ran towards the middle. If you cannot see this you are either blindly partisan or just not smart. What conservative ideas did he present last night?

The first priority of any conservative is Obama losing this campiagn, then we go from there:cool:

I think where Obama didn't help himself was the look he had on his face most of the time....looked like he was eating lemons!! Lol! He also wasn't the "eloguent" speaker he usually is.

Romney whipped his ass!

Again, so?

Kerry won all three debates against Bush, and still lost the election.

Kerry lost the election because he's Kerry....
He may have done better than Bush at the debates (which i don't believe he did), but people have a thing about having a traitor running the country.

Democrats are confusing likeability with pity. Even I felt sorry for obama last night. This debate should be shown in schools across the nation of what it looks like when you blow off studying. obama had no command of the facts. He had his manufactured Romney positions that fell off a cliff when the campaign speech collided with reality. It's one thing to give a speech about tax cuts for the rich, and another to have to say it in front of the person you're lying about who can say "I never said that".

Forum List

Back