Where is Flacaltenn , the USMB Moderator??

flacaltenn and all of the Mod crew are doing fine. He sends his warmest regards....

...While he recovers from his 4th nervous breakdown having to moderate all you weirdos. :)

But seriously folks, mods more than regular users need breaks just like we do. Only more of them. Should at least make a usmb.com t-shirt for mods. Free advertizing and a little reward for doing a thankless job that's made more than a few volunteers go freaking nuts. Half of homeless people muttering to themselves in the park were once online moderators don't ya know. :)

Spot-on!!!

Imagine having to sort through BigReb's decelerations day in and day out, double facepalming whilst saying "Why me, Lord, why me?!?!?"

That was not funny in the least. The FBI reads boards like these. You might want to think before you write things such as this. Unless you'd like a file the size of a telephone book on your name!

Man, I only WISH I could be so charged; imagine the dramatic moment ... when I call as a material witness ... FLACATEN HIMSELF!!!!!!!

MootCourtroom.png

flacaltenn is STILL a Mod here. He's just taking a short break. Nothing ominous, just a normal break, you know like you all take from time to time!:laugh::laugh::laugh::eusa_dance:

:rofl:

Ya don't have to be pink to be in the stink.

I'm just asking a question, Dot. I have never heard that saying before. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the old system when a ban was putting the person's name in pink?

What does that mean, Ropey?

Well...

he's not pink
he's not here
Westwall directly compared this break to the other breaks we all take.

So I took that comparison and made a comparison to us taking breaks and out as in banned. As you stated, the term "In the pink" can have another meaning here at USMB.

:razz:

I"m just goofing with words.

Well, I do find it strange that he doesn't drop in and just say hello. He has many people who admire his writings, his intelligence and liked to hear his opinion about various subjects. I look forward to his return.

To be clear I only knew of one term In the pink and that was your name in pink. If there was another meaning I do not know if it, Ropey.

flacaltenn, followed by westwall, have a good learning curve, I think, in modding, which is not an easy thing

It is a crude sexual reference for some, Jer. I think it was a play on words, using the sexual (for some) term while referring to a name-in-pink-ban.

In here it's reference is to being banned = in the pink. In the stink is not being banned but being told to leave for a bit.

That's the reference I was making and it's nice that you saw it too.

I understand some others see the sexual overtones first. That's because they see it first. I didn't and still don't ... in my post.

Well, I do find it strange that he doesn't drop in and just say hello. He has many people who admire his writings, his intelligence and liked to hear his opinion about various subjects. I look forward to his return.

As do I. Westwall is a fine moderator. So is Flacaltenn. I'm just playing with words as is my wont. Others can apply their interpretations and morals to my posts (after I've explained my intent) all they want.

Ropey , the master of two in the pink one in the stink

It's not hard to see where this guys mind goes to immediately.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back