Where do you check facts?

ricechickie

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2014
New York
I've used snopes and politifact, only to be told that they are liberal sites.

I've also used factcheck.org

So, for those who don't believe those sources are credible, what do you use?

Or are they simply deemed "fake" because you don't like what they say? I've never seen any conservatives who attack the credibility of these sites, use any fact checking site.

Or are they simply deemed "fake" because you don't like what they say? I've never seen any conservatives who attack the credibility of these sites, use any fact checking site.

Depends on the "facts."

Snopes and politifact sites are dem-run propaganda machines, posing as "fact checking sites".

I fact check by RESEARCHING. I follow leads. I do google and other searches using key phrases and words. I read BOOKS and check DATA and methods by which data is compiled.

Then I take all of what I've looked at, and I can usually figure out what the truth is.

I don't just go to a person and say "is this true or not?" and accept their statement. Nobody is smarter than me, and nobody has better comprehension skills than I do. When I let other people tell me what to think, or define reality for me...well, that just never happens. When it happens for other people, they end up clueless minions of whomever has the catchiest slogans.

Snopes and politifact sites are dem-run propaganda machines, posing as "fact checking sites".

I fact check by RESEARCHING. I follow leads. I do google and other searches using key phrases and words. I read BOOKS and check DATA and methods by which data is compiled.

Then I take all of what I've looked at, and I can usually figure out what the truth is.

I don't just go to a person and say "is this true or not?" and accept their statement. Nobody is smarter than me, and nobody has better comprehension skills than I do. When I let other people tell me what to think, or define reality for me...well, that just never happens. When it happens for other people, they end up clueless minions of whomever has the catchiest slogans.

Me too, guess that makes 3 of us hey, but only you and Trump came right out and said it, then again you two are usually wrong.:)

Last edited:
Research, research, research.

And yer modest too!

Check out about the site and check out the author, everyone has a bias, read both sides.

really-tell-me-more.gif

iu

:badgrin:

Best thing is to go to the source and research from there. If a bill is mentioned, then look it up and read it. If someone is anonymous, or unnamed source, take it with a grain of salt. Follow a trail.

You need to re-examine your "research" techniques. Because you are easily the most misinformed poster on this entire forum and are wrong nearly 100% of the time. Whatever you're doing -- it ain't workin'

You need to re-examine your "research" techniques. Because you are easily the most misinformed poster on this entire forum and are wrong nearly 100% of the time. Whatever you're doing -- it ain't workin'

Of course you have credible links to reinforce your assertion, correct?

But when others research, they get told it's fake.

You can't list a trustworthy source? One that you can go to with reasonable certainty that it's accurate?

I've used all three. Frankly...I see little evidence that they are all "liberal sites" even though certain parties have done their best to damn Snopes, most of it doesn't really stick. They may not be 100% correct ALL the time but no one is. They provide sources for their claims. I usually go to Snopes first and if they show it's a hoax, look for more back up.

But when others research, they get told it's fake.

You can't list a trustworthy source? One that you can go to with reasonable certainty that it's accurate?

Depending on the subject, actual studies with empirical data can be good.

Brittanica..Idk.

Honestly, I haven't seen evidence of bias in those sites. I see stories in which they defend conservatives from spurious stories. If I saw a pattern of only debunking lies in favor of liberals, I would understand the bias charge.

Honestly, I haven't seen evidence of bias in those sites. I see stories in which they defend conservatives from spurious stories. If I saw a pattern of only debunking lies in favor of liberals, I would understand the bias charge.

When sites provide original sources to back their claims - that helps.

Research, research, research.

Good answer, but lacks specifics.

<<Not certain you're capable of recognizing bias. :dunno:

Depends on the "facts."
Oh, really.... is that the fact?

Forum List

Back