Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

I'm not demonising anybody. Isn't stereotyping beyond you?
And I am better than some as are you, as some are better than me and you...
I've dealt with atheists for decades. If you truly don't think you beliefs make you superior then you are truly a unique specimen of your kind.
I realize many Christians have a superiority complex also but there is nothing in the atheist credo that requires humbleness and humility they way Christianity stresses it (I am not a Christian, per se, by the way).

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Of course my belief is correct. There is no evidence at all of a god existing. Only belief. However, what I believe in is all around me.

Interesting. I see the evidence all around me that nature is the 'creator', whereas you and your ilk? Just archaic dogma invented by humans to explain the unexplainable.
Did nature "create" itself? That's a neat trick.

I've dealt with atheists for decades. If you truly don't think you beliefs make you superior then you are truly a unique specimen of your kind.
I realize many Christians have a superiority complex also but there is nothing in the atheist credo that requires humbleness and humility they way Christianity stresses it (I am not a Christian, per se, by the way).

I think all people believe their beliefs are superior vis-a-vis they have them in the first place

Religious people do not deny climate change.
They know about why it's happing in the Bible.
Hint: It is not about fossil fuels.
It's about the world turning from God and becoming lawless.
But no one wants to hear or believe that.
Same thing happened when Noah warned them about the flood.
They would not believe it until it was too late.

The greed involved in the fossil fuel industry caused us, for one nation, to abandon building fuel efficient or electronic transportation and this is what has caused climate change. Greed is ungodly and the manner in which nations have put in lawless governments to control the resources increased the godless behavior. And now we face the penalty.

What nation had abandoned fuel efficiency?
Not the USA
We are merging and cooperating with natural gas, cleaner burning coal, wind and solar.

Energy.gov
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the selection of 35 projects totaling $73 million for bioenergy research and development (R&D). Funded through the DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, these projects will help reduce the price of drop-in biofuels, lower the cost of biopower, and enable high-value products from biomass or waste resources.

DOE Announces Intent to Issue New Funding Opportunity for Tribal Energy Infrastructure Development
there are more listed and these are just the recent ones .

We started working on electric cars in the 70's due to the embargo but stopped. No doubt this was due to the oil lobby. So we could have had battery powered cars 25-30 years ago or at least hybrids.
The next logical step after gasoline powered engines was hybrids. But the powers that be went to electric also. If we vested our energy on hybrids they would be most of the autos sold today. Also I really do not trust the system as W. Bush pushed hydrogen powered vehicles and as soon as the Progs took over they nixed it. I wonder what lobby did that with the Progs in charge?

Yawn. Republicans were in power for 6 out of the 8 years Bush 2 was in office. And Bush 2 was an oil man.
And Progs killed the Hydrogen initiative. Oil or not.

I think all people believe their beliefs are superior vis-a-vis they have them in the first place
The difference is I haven't accepted on faith what I was told in Sunday school. I have reasoned and questioned and observed everything for myself with a heavy dose of skepticism.

I find the idea of an almighty creator absurd but I find the idea of a universe that just happens to exist under a uniform set of laws and governing principles for no apparent reason at all even more absurd.

....me

Last edited:
  • Thanks
um actually we do. We don't believe in a god
What you know is you don't believe in an all powerful source of creation. What you don't know is whether your belief
is remotely correct or not.

At least as a believer in a creator I have evidence all around me every time I look up to the skies. Whereas you and your ilk?
Not so much.

Of course my belief is correct. There is no evidence at all of a god existing. Only belief. However, what I believe in is all around me.

Interesting. I see the evidence all around me that nature is the 'creator', whereas you and your ilk? Just archaic dogma invented by humans to explain the unexplainable.

God created everything including nature, a universe of this size and magnitude does not somehow build itself.
We aren't the 3rd planet from the sun by accident.
Nature itself reveals the creator.

The greed involved in the fossil fuel industry caused us, for one nation, to abandon building fuel efficient or electronic transportation and this is what has caused climate change. Greed is ungodly and the manner in which nations have put in lawless governments to control the resources increased the godless behavior. And now we face the penalty.

Not the USA
We are merging and cooperating with natural gas, cleaner burning coal, wind and solar.

Energy.gov
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the selection of 35 projects totaling $73 million for bioenergy research and development (R&D). Funded through the DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, these projects will help reduce the price of drop-in biofuels, lower the cost of biopower, and enable high-value products from biomass or waste resources.

DOE Announces Intent to Issue New Funding Opportunity for Tribal Energy Infrastructure Development

We started working on electric cars in the 70's due to the embargo but stopped. No doubt this was due to the oil lobby. So we could have had battery powered cars 25-30 years ago or at least hybrids.
The next logical step after gasoline powered engines was hybrids. But the powers that be went to electric also. If we vested our energy on hybrids they would be most of the autos sold today. Also I really do not trust the system as W. Bush pushed hydrogen powered vehicles and as soon as the Progs took over they nixed it. I wonder what lobby did that with the Progs in charge?

Yawn. Republicans were in power for 6 out of the 8 years Bush 2 was in office. And Bush 2 was an oil man.

Republicans had 6 years to make it happen and didn't. Progs didn't kill anything.

Not the USA

Energy.gov

Republicans had 6 years to make it happen and didn't. Progs didn't kill anything.

Both Bushes were progressives.
Just like McCain was and his daughter is.

As opposed to some omnipotent being going 'abracadabra'? That is more believable? At least there is verifiable proof of evolution in some instances. Not one shred of evidence of a god.

While you and I don't agree relative to the existence of a creator, the fact is that you were born with just as much right not to believe as we do to believe. These "Christians" here don't seem to get that they will not get anyone to find god by condemning them. The choice to believe or not is on you, because I have to stand before God on my account and not yours

Wrong.

The difference is I haven't accepted on faith what I was told in Sunday school. I have reasoned and questioned and observed everything for myself with a heavy dose of skepticism.

I find the idea of an almighty creator absurd but I find the idea of a universe that just happens to exist under a uniform set of laws and governing principle for no apparent reason at all even more absurd.

....me

I'm the same in the fact that I've questioned and observed etc. See, I don't see the universe as something that just happened for no apparent reason. I think there is a set of principles and it took billions of years for things to happen. I find the idea of a creator beyond absurd.

While you and I don't agree relative to the existence of a creator, the fact is that you were born with just as much right not to believe as we do to believe. These "Christians" here don't seem to get that they will not get anyone to find god by condemning them. The choice to believe or not is on you, because I have to stand before God on my account and not yours

Bingo...

• Thanks

Wrong.

McCain's daughter is on video tape saying it herself.

Wrong.

I don't really care. You support Trump, a man who operates by lying and keeping people confused. Those are the tools of satan. Jesus has said you can tell a man by his fruits. So like I said, if you believe in God you reject Trump. I see you haven't noticed the increases in storms since Trump began.

A rain forest tribesman who one day finds a bicycle (that has washed down the Amazon), that he has no idea at all what such a thing could be would naturally, logically and with good reason think this thing was designed and made, for some reason he can't possibly fathom, by a superior being.
He would of course be correct though he would have no way of knowing there was no deity involved.

That makes him much smarter and superior to you to who sees the whole universe around you and sees no point, purpose or reason for it at all. It's just there because it's there. Period.

You have the yearning seeking mind of a Doberman Pinscher.

Last edited:

As opposed to some omnipotent being going 'abracadabra'? That is more believable? At least there is verifiable proof of evolution in some instances. Not one shred of evidence of a god.

I have not seen any condemning here in this thread.
God gives humans the right to choose to believe or not to believe.

Wrong.

I don't really care. You support Trump, a man who operates by lying and keeping people confused. Those are the tools of satan. Jesus has said you can tell a man by his fruits. So like I said, if you believe in God you reject Trump. I see you haven't noticed the increases in storms since Trump began.

The media has not reported fairly about what this man has done for this country in almost 3 years.

Forum List

Back