Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr Grump, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,621
    Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,972
    Peer reviewed computer modeling...suspect to many....we believe a God powerful enough to create us this planet and the universe would not make it so easy to destroy...a few hundred years of us and the world can't take it?...the whole idea is laughable at best that us puny humans can save the planet if we all change the way we live...the way they tell us to live....no thanks I need more than a computer model to do that....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,061
    If it's laughable that man could destroy the world after just a few hundred years, why do you think he caused a flood to kill everybody and everything except just a few people and animals? How many hundred years do you think it was between what you think was the creation, and what you think was a world wide flood?

4. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,870
    You will never get the experience to know that there really is a God if you only go looking for evidence.

Through faith you will.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. Thunk

Thunk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,439
    By definition..."peer-reviewed" is NOT science!

Before columbus it was "peer-reviewed science" that the earth was flat.

Science is PROVABLE! You create a valid test and every time you run it, you get the same results...if somebody else runs the exact same test...THEY get the same results...THAT is science!

Not to mention...why wont they tell me what their evidence is?

I keep hearing how all scientists agree...the science is settled...the argument is over...and yet they wont even tell me the nature of their so called "science".

Phooey on that!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Eric Arthur Blair

Eric Arthur Blair Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,758
    Many skeptics do not deny the greenhouse effect. They object to how the issue is politicized and hyperbolized in order to reach a desired political and social effect desired by the IPCC and it's daddy, the UN itself. It's all a question of degree being claimed by NGOs and governmental entities.

And I would say, and many respected physicists and other scientists, would consider all of the cosmos as real tangible proof of God.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    Many articles on Orbital Climate Change if one takes the times to look.

How do the Milankovitch cycles affect climate change? | Socratic

www.duncansteel.com › wp-content › uploads › 2014/09 › EOaCCC
    [PDF] Earth's Orbit and Contemporary Climate Change - Duncan Steel
    Contrary to the supposition of many, apsidal precession occurs quite quickly, shifting ... is the fact that perihelion, in its 21,000-year precession cycle, was aligned ... the same day-of-year on the preceding orbit, and so the solar power to the ... globally-averaged temperature, the effect of Earth's shifting orbital axis is greater in.

2 Kings Chapter 20
    20:8
    And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day?
    20:9
    And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?
    20:10
    And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65,853
    Climate denier?
    What a retarded description of someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Eric Arthur Blair

Eric Arthur Blair Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,758
    Agreed. "Peer reviewed" means a group of scientist all agree something is "right" but that isn't the same as proving scientifically a theory is actually demonstrably true. The flat earth example and an earth-centric "solar" system are good examples of peer reviewed so called science.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,334
    Life itself is proof God exists. Science cannot explain the creation of life from lifeless elements. Scientists have absolutely no clue how to create even the simplest life form artificially, much less explain how it would be created in nature.

Climate change has been going on since long before humans were around. Do humans have a negative impact on the environment? Yes.

Does that mean I am going to buy into a bunch of Marxist garbage in a supposed attempt to “fix” the environment? No.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2