Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

Really? No, i find it much more difficult to believe some omnipotent being went 'abracadabra'. Especially when said being is made from several other previous religions. Plus I find it strange that the vast majorities of believers of any god in particular happen to be born in a particular place where they have been taught by their forebears that their particular incarnation is the 'true' one god etc etc.
That's all you laying your preconceived notions and cultural biases on God. Religion is man's doings. Nature is God's.

And yet time and time again (not talking climate change in particular here) scientists model certain things and say "in five years time such and such will happen if this, this and this occurs." And lo and behold, it happens. Accidental maybe? Lucky?
Your anecdotal tales don't contain much fact in them. In fact, there is none.
If we put any faith in computer generated models we would have evacuated the coastlines years ago waiting for the rising ocean levels that were predicted to inundate them.

The polar bear population is growing when they were predicted to become extinct.

One of the world's great advocates of global warming theory recently bought a big fancy mansion in Cape Cod sitting right on the ocean. He apparently doesn't think his home will be underwater in a matter of a few years, or anytime, really..

Last edited:
What you have in this thread are:

1) People who tend to the hysterical.

2) People who do not tend to the hysterical

In the real world, far less people tend to the hysterical which is precisely why there has been no climate action.

Life itself is proof God exists. Science cannot explain the creation of life from lifeless elements. Scientists have absolutely no clue how to create even the simplest life form artificially, much less explain how it would be created in nature.

Climate change has been going on since long before humans were around. Do humans have a negative impact on the environment? Yes.

Does that mean I am going to buy into a bunch of Marxist garbage in a supposed attempt to “fix” the environment? No.

Yeah, there does seem to be this train of thought that all these scientists are after money. What a load of phooey. Anybody who thinks that doesn't know scientists.

You dont have a clue, their is a few threads on grant money already, you have so called scientists in unrelated fields signing a piece of paper and getting grant money.

Of course you stupid moron, they are in it for the POWER.
They'd like sushi, thanks. And they'd like you to tip the server as well.

Take a look at the green new deal. It returns the general population to serfdom. We don't get to have cars, no homes, just small apartments, mo international travel etc. Etc

The ruling elite though, they get all of that with no problem.

You need to wake up.

You will never get the experience to know that there really is a God if you only go looking for evidence.

Through faith you will.

Exactly. Faith. And it just so happens if you are born in Israel, your God is the only one. If you are born in Saudi Arabia, allah is the one and Mohammad the prophet. And if you are born in the Bible Belt Jesus is the one yadda, yadda yadda. You do realise a lot - and I mean an absolute shitload - of allegories surrounding Christianity for example such as the virgin birth and turning water in wine etc - are from other religions preceding Christianity. You do know that right?

Yes all of them are based on one creator.
If you accept him you will find him, no matter how you honor him.

Yes to the 2nd part I do know about that.
Did you know the Hebrew's blood line dates back to Adam and Eve?
All of the preceding religions are substitutes from Adam and Eves God, the creator.
They turned away and worshiped paganism, a false religion which took many of Adam and Eves offspring to turn away from the creator.
They used the teachings of Adam and Eve's original teachings of how to worship of the creator and then they incorporated it into their own distortions of pagan worship.

Peer reviewed computer modeling...suspect to many....we believe a God powerful enough to create us this planet and the universe would not make it so easy to destroy...a few hundred years of us and the world can't take it?...the whole idea is laughable at best that us puny humans can save the planet if we all change the way we live...the way they tell us to live....no thanks I need more than a computer model to do that....

If it's laughable that man could destroy the world after just a few hundred years, why do you think he caused a flood to kill everybody and everything except just a few people and animals? How many hundred years do you think it was between what you think was the creation, and what you think was a world wide flood?

Well s0n.....best get started building that emergency ark! Post up some pics when you finish so we can help name it.....something like....

SS I'm So Hysterical

Cute remark, but it doesn't answer the question, does it?

From Israel to China ... deserts are turning into gardens ...

maxresdefault.jpg
That's still a desert. Even I can notice that.

It's only been a few years!

Peer reviewed computer modeling...suspect to many....we believe a God powerful enough to create us this planet and the universe would not make it so easy to destroy...a few hundred years of us and the world can't take it?...the whole idea is laughable at best that us puny humans can save the planet if we all change the way we live...the way they tell us to live....no thanks I need more than a computer model to do that....

If it's laughable that man could destroy the world after just a few hundred years, why do you think he caused a flood to kill everybody and everything except just a few people and animals? How many hundred years do you think it was between what you think was the creation, and what you think was a world wide flood?

Well s0n.....best get started building that emergency ark! Post up some pics when you finish so we can help name it.....something like....

SS I'm So Hysterical

Your question doesn't merit a response

SS I'm So Hysterical

What is your question?

Why is that question so important to you? There are timestamps in the bible that answer the question. You reject it anyway, but the time was about 1,500 years.

SS I'm So Hysterical

Your question doesn't merit a response

That's fine. In your case, the answer probably wouldn't merit reading anyway.

SS I'm So Hysterical

What is your question?

Post #3

Why is that question so important to you? There are timestamps in the bible that answer the question. You reject it anyway, but the time was about 1,500 years.

It was a response to #2

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

Religious people do not deny climate change.
They know about why it's happing in the Bible.
Hint: It is not about fossil fuels.
It's about the world turning from God and becoming lawless.
But no one wants to hear or believe that.
Same thing happened when Noah warned them about the flood.
They would not believe it until it was too late.

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

Religious people do not deny climate change.
They know about why it's happing in the Bible.
Hint: It is not about fossil fuels.
It's about the world turning from God and becoming lawless.
But no one wants to hear or believe that.
Same thing happened when Noah warned them about the flood.
They would not believe it until it was too late.

The greed involved in the fossil fuel industry caused us, for one nation, to abandon building fuel efficient or electronic transportation and this is what has caused climate change. Greed is ungodly and the manner in which nations have put in lawless governments to control the resources increased the godless behavior. And now we face the penalty.

I missed nothing. You tried equating the world's major religions and I kicked your ass and handed it to you. You didn't even know that "God" is one and the same to most all of us. Better luck next time.

I know all three are Abrahamic tenets. And all three see themselves as different. If they didn't they'd see themselves as the same. They don't you moron,...

The 'climate' always changes. 'Climate Change' is nothing but a term that can mean anything anyone wants it to mean. Talk about faith, 'Climate Change' advocates also operate on faith that climate models (created by humans) are infallible. Sounds like a religion to me.

You make fair points. To counter them though I would make these points:
1) Those that know that man made climate change is happening have never denied that the Earth's climate changes over time with or without the help of man. In fact, almost all scientists agree it does. What concerns them, is the pace it is happening is not within norms.
2) When different scientists model climate change in different parts of the world and come to similar conclusions then I think it pertinent to listen.
Go back to 1900 and cite for us the prediction of how much the earth would warm. Then show us that in 2000 that was WAY off.

Was it being discussed in 1900?

Lol
It’s the Christian thing you would not understand

I missed nothing. You tried equating the world's major religions and I kicked your ass and handed it to you. You didn't even know that "God" is one and the same to most all of us. Better luck next time.

I know all three are Abrahamic tenets. And all three see themselves as different. If they didn't they'd see themselves as the same. They don't you moron,...
There is but one creator and he is called many different names.

Forum List

Back