Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

The Bible explains why the climate is changing and it's not because of fossil fuels.
It describes exactly what's happening right now with our climate and how we can change it.
But the vast majority won't accept it.
I'm almost to afraid to ask. Almost. Why?

Read it and find out.

Don't have the time or inclination

That's your right to do so.
Grump bitterly clings to his faith.

Like all militant atheists, he is very closed-minded. He wouldn't even go through a simple thought experiment.

Like all militant atheists, he is very closed-minded. He wouldn't even go through a simple thought experiment.

I am far from militant. Used to be for sure! As for being close-minded, I would suggest that is on you. I'm the one who thought long and hard about believing and non-believing. IOW, I have thought both proposals through. You haven't. You only give one train of thought consideration. I have moved on. You're stuck in the Middle Ages. That's on you.

I am far from militant. Used to be for sure! As for being close-minded, I would suggest that is on you. I'm the one who thought long and hard about believing and non-believing. IOW, I have thought both proposals through. You haven't. You only give one train of thought consideration. I have moved on. You're stuck in the Middle Ages. That's on you.
Really?

1. I used to be an atheist. I wasn't an asshole, though...I was respectful of others' beliefs. For instance, I never compared religion to belief in Santa and never told anyone they were stuck in the Middle Ages.

2. Do my thought experiment. Prove you have an open mind. Don't just make claims and stamp your feet and insist they're true.

1. I used to be an atheist. I wasn't an asshole, though...I was respectful of others' beliefs. For instance, I never compared religion to belief in Santa and never told anyone they were stuck in the Middle Ages.

2. Do my thought experiment. Prove you have an open mind. Don't just make claims and stamp your feet and insist they're true.

I've never once stamped my feet and I'm only insisting on what I say is true in the same sense you think what you are saying is true. Either believe me or don't. I don't mind either way.

What am I supposed to do when it comes to comparing Santa to a god? Lie. That is what I truely believe. They are comparable IMO. If you find that insulting there is not much I can do about it. I see absolutely no difference between the two. shrug...

Grump is less than honest.

I think any lay person reading this might see a hint of anger in our to and fro. But I'm thinking that hint isn't coming from me.
Is that another one of those things that you insist just is?

not really. But I do know if I'm angry. And I'm not. You on the other hand....
Dood. It's words on a screen. Your observations are colored by your prejudices.

I've never once stamped my feet and I'm only insisting on what I say is true in the same sense you think what you are saying is true. Either believe me or don't. I don't mind either way.

What am I supposed to do when it comes to comparing Santa to a god? Lie. That is what I truely believe. They are comparable IMO. If you find that insulting there is not much I can do about it. I see absolutely no difference between the two. shrug...
I don't find it insulting, no matter your obvious intent. It's been pointed out several times how the analogy is false.

And yet again you refuse to conduct my thought experiment. What are you afraid of?

Thing is, as I've said before, I can admit the possibility I'm wrong about God.

But you can't admit you might be wrong about God.

Your claim you're more open-minded than me is patently false.

I don't find it insulting, no matter your obvious intent. It's been pointed out several times how the analogy is false.

And yet again you refuse to conduct my thought experiment. What are you afraid of?

oh, no no, no. I have not discounted the possibility of a god. There is a tiny, minute possibility there might be one. I choose not to believe so.

What thought experiment? Sorry, missed it.

oh, no no, no. I have not discounted the possibility of a god. There is a tiny, minute possibility there might be one. I choose not to believe so.

It's here: Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

And you didn't miss it; you weaseled out of performing it here: Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

It's here: Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

And you didn't miss it; you weaseled out of performing it here: Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

I've clicked on both links. They don't do anything.

Forum List

Back