When?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Ok the tax cuts for the upper class have been in place for a decade, the stock market is up to 11k+. Wall street and GM was bailed out. Where are the jobs?

Nothing is gonna improve because our political leadership is stuck on stupid. Creating class war and fiddling with tax policy is Voodoo.. We need leaders that are talking about transforming America workers skill sets to adapt to Global economics. Emphasis on R&D -- not subsidizing existing products. Education, foreign corporate cash repatriated.

There IS no leadership to keep America out of decline. A poll today says that 65% of Americans now believe America is in decline.. How's the Hope And Change thingy working out????

Ohh I have heard of a con job ans have been watching it happen for 3 decades.
And yes we are in decline and denial of that fact.
And virtually NO political leaders have the balls to admit it.
Or to admit the real reasons for the decline.

Ok the tax cuts for the upper class have been in place for a decade, the stock market is up to 11k+. Wall street and GM was bailed out. Where are the jobs?

Tax cuts for the wealthy have been happening consistently for almost 40 years now, while the middle class have to pay for them. Its time the Middle Class united and took back America from the Wealthy!

Repeal Obamacare if you want jobs.

bullshit!
It is not even in place but just a tad maybe.

Yeah, businesses never look ahead when deciding whether to hire or not. :cuckoo:

wm3316_chart1.ashx

As technology advances the need for man made labor decreases. Combine that with an increasing population and it doesn't end well.

Oh and the fact that 7 year Chinese kids work for cheaper.

I guess they need to keep MORE of their money. If we went to public financing of elections, they wouldn't need to waste their money bribing our representitives and would have more on hand to create jobs. EVERBODY WINS!!! :cool:

Why is it you expect more jobs now when the tax cuts did indeed stimulate the economy after 2001 and gave us near full employment until 2007 when the Democrats took control of Congress?

If you want more benefits from tax cuts now, you need to actually cut the taxes now. Crazy concept I know.

GM is living off our credit line. Everything Obama wanted and claimed he planned on repairing was paid for and collected interest on his 5 Trillion Dollar Credit Card. well now that he can't borrow any more money, the deck of cards will fall as unemployment hovers around 10%. If the bail-out are so succsessful, then how come the economy is still just as bad as it was in 2009?

Yeah, businesses never look ahead when deciding whether to hire or not. :cuckoo:

wm3316_chart1.ashx

I'm as anti-Obamacare as you are, but that doesn't mean you can just assume by that timeline that UE solely has to do with Obamacare.

When Obama is defeated, that will help as well.

Reagan's unemployment was just as bad as Obama's in his first 3 years. I don't think flip flopping back and forth between scum 2 parties will fix anything.

The Fed destroying our economy does a lot more to the economy than the gov't does, although they don't help it.

I'm as anti-Obamacare as you are, but that doesn't mean you can just assume by that timeline that UE solely has to do with Obamacare.

Reagan's unemployment was just as bad as Obama's in his first 3 years. I don't think flip flopping back and forth between scum 2 parties will fix anything.

The Fed destroying our economy does a lot more to the economy than the gov't does, although they don't help it.

Reagan's unemployment rate was falling, Obama's has been trending higher.
By 1984, the economy was strongly rebounding. I don't see that happening in the next 12 months.

By 1984, the economy was strongly rebounding. I don't see that happening in the next 12 months.

In his 3rd year, unemployment was 9.6%, Obama's 2nd year is 9.6%.

So if Obama's UE rate is 9.6% next year he'll be right on par with Reagan.

And these 2 individuals are essentially worshipped within their party.

In 1984, Reagan's number was 7.5%.

If Obama's rate is 9.6% next year, he won't be re-elected, unlike Reagan and his 49 state landslide.

In 1984, Reagan's number was 7.5%.

If Obama's rate is 9.6% next year, he won't be re-elected, unlike Reagan and his 49 state landslide.

His 3rd year was 9.6% is what I'm saying, the same as Obama's is now in his 2nd year and despite that horrible number Reagan was re-elected. Both inherited an economic mess.

I think Obama will be re-elected, I won't vote for him, but I expect him to win an extremely close election like GWB did in his re-election.

Forum List

Back