When?

that's the Marxist theory of economics in a nutshell.

I'll bet you never thought of yourself as a Marxist, did you?

And here I thought the Marxist theory was something about workers of the world uniting, you have nothing to lose but your chains.

That's just political sloganeering. You don't know a thing about Marxism, do you? Yet, you spout the Marxist dogma like a pro.

Using technology to increase effieciency, reliability and production is capitalism at work.

Using cheaper labor to increase your bottom line is capitalism at work.

I've never seen someone so clueless on Marxism.

Marxism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Educate yourself.

Ohhh now I understand your idiotic post before calling me a Marxist for no reason, you're offended I would dare point out facts that go against your god and hero Reagan.

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

Reagan's first 3 years. 7.62%, 9.71%, 9.60%

I call you a Marxist because you are spouting Marxism.

rr-unemployment.jpg

The graph shows unemployment crossing the 8% line at the end of 1983.

Paul Krugman is the source, so I hardly imagine you are going to quibble with it.

The Fed is linked to the gov't, but we don't even audit the Fed to know how they're doing.

The government created the Fed, and it runs the Fed. Therefore, it's part of the government.

that's the Marxist theory of economics in a nutshell.

I'll bet you never thought of yourself as a Marxist, did you?

Where did I say any of that was good?

Show me how I'm incorrect when I saw as technology advances the need for manual labor goes down.

Show me how I'm incorrect when I saw foreign labor is cheaper.

Ready.............Set...........................

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your theory were true, then we would have 95% unemployment because mass production and automation have increased productivity by several orders of magnitude. What economic ignoramuses ignore is the fact that human wants are unlimited. When labor saving machinery frees human labor up from the production of a particular good, those people can then be employed producing some new product that wasn't previously available.

That has been the history of the industrial revolution: ever higher productivity and more and cheaper products available to the masses.

There isn't a magical job fairy who creates a job everytime one is taken away by an advancement in technology.

Now if your argument is that Obama has job hurting policies, yes I agree. However I don't think a republican would make any difference.

Ohhh now I understand your idiotic post before calling me a Marxist for no reason, you're offended I would dare point out facts that go against your god and hero Reagan.

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

Reagan's first 3 years. 7.62%, 9.71%, 9.60%

I call you a Marxist because you are spouting Marxism.

rr-unemployment.jpg

The graph shows unemployment crossing the 8% line at the end of 1983.

Paul Krugman is the source, so I hardly imagine you are going to quibble with it.

The Fed is linked to the gov't, but we don't even audit the Fed to know how they're doing.

The government created the Fed, and it runs the Fed. Therefore, it's part of the government.

The source I used got it's information from the U.S. Dept of Labor, I'll stick with my source.

The gov't appoints the board of directors, but the decisions made by the Fed are not subject to approval by any elected official be it the president or congress.

And I'm not "spouting Marxism", that's just the voices in your head. I'm simply stating reasons why jobs go away, I thought what I posted was pretty basic common sense.

There isn't a magical job fairy who creates a job everytime one is taken away by an advancement in technology.

True, there is no job creating fairy. Capitalists create jobs. When labor saving machinery increases the productivity of their work force, they have to pay the remaining employees better. These employees then have more money to spend, and additional jobs are created providing these new demand. It's not magic. It's one of the basic principles of capitalism.

Now if your argument is that Obama has job hurting policies, yes I agree. However I don't think a republican would make any difference.

That would only be true of Republicans adopted the same policies as Democrats. Unfortunately, that often happens. However, if a Republican actually cut taxes and cut regulation then the economy would boom.

And I'm not "spouting Marxism", that's just the voices in your head. I'm simply stating reasons why jobs go away, I thought what I posted was pretty basic common sense.

You're spouting Marxist economic theory. You don't actually believe you thought up this idea, do you?

The source I used got it's information from the U.S. Dept of Labor, I'll stick with my source.

The gov't appoints the board of directors, but the decisions made by the Fed are not subject to approval by any elected official be it the president or congress.

ROFL! So the government hires and fires them, but their decisions aren't subject to the government's approval?

Are you serious?

True, there is no job creating fairy. Capitalists create jobs. When labor saving machinery increases the productivity of their work force, they have to pay the remaining employees better. These employees then have more money to spend, and additional jobs are created providing these new demand. It's not magic. It's one of the basic principles of capitalism.

That would only be true of Republicans adopted the same policies as Democrats. Unfortunately, that often happens. However, if a Republican actually cut taxes and cut regulation then the economy would boom.

No, technology saving labor doesn't mean the remaining employees are automatically paid more. That's a HUGE assumption.

They'd have to cut spending too, that will never happen and the fed has to stop over-inflating the dollar, that'll never happen either.

You're spouting Marxist economic theory. You don't actually believe you thought up this idea, do you?

No, I was stating basics of capitalism, technology increases, cheaper labor etc, basic fundamentals of capitalism.

ROFL! So the government hires and fires them, but their decisions aren't subject to the government's approval?

Are you serious?

They hire and fire them every 14 years. Most of those hired are in between 50 and 70.

What do they care if they don't get rehired after 14 years of a guaranteed job?

And only the board is appointed, the rest are hired just like any other private bank.

Forum List

Back