When you've been gossiped about.

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Have you ever been gossiped about at work?

Not harmless gossip, but rumors made and spread to destroy your reputation.

How did you deal with it?

Nope. But I have been online. Only way to deal with it is to speak the truth and let folks decide what they want to believe or not believe. Does it fuck yer rep? Yep. But only for those who don't know any better and are lemmings. At work? That might be a bit difficult to deal with. Not sure what I would do. Probably call a meeting and put it all out there so everyone knows you know and ask them to ask YOU before choosing what to believe.

In short..when you confront the story tellers....in front of everyone else...they tend to melt.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

I like the idea of confronting the jerks spreading lies in front of the others....but in truth we can't change how another behaves, but we can control how we respond to it with deep integrity . Sorry this is happening.

Ignore it and do your job. Whoever is spreading rumors will finally stop if you don't give them a reaction. Jealousy is usually the reason behind it. Be bigger than the rumor and laugh it off.

I stick with my original post. Confronting bullies in front of everyone, they can't hide any more what they are saying and doing. If it is all out in the open...then those who are being subjected to the water fountain gossip and not knowing WHAT to believe but are in the middle of it when they didn't particularly want to be..can ask you up front in front of those doing the gossiping and get the answer straight from the horses mouth. THAT is what will shut it all up once and for all.

Granny says when people gossip `bout her...

... she don't care...

... dey can just kiss her petunie...

... an' den she sits back inna eazy chair...

... countin' her Halliburton and Chinese rickshaw stocks.

Last edited:
Keep your personal life separate from your work life. Don't share any information about your personal life with anyone at work. Every bit of personal info you divulge is fodder for the rumor mill, and people will use it against you no matter how insignificant it may seem. Just make a practice of not doing it, the less ammunition they have the better. They'll still make up their own shit about you which there's nothing that can be done to prevent it. At least you aren't arming them with potentially damaging material.

It's natural that human beings talk about each other. The question in the OP seems to be, "how do we handle it if the gossip seems malicious?"

It's natural that human beings talk about each other. The question in the OP seems to be, "how do we handle it if the gossip seems malicious?"
By confronting the aggressive gossiper in front of all the recipients. Only way to put a stop to it.

By confronting the aggressive gossiper in front of all the recipients. Only way to put a stop to it.
Or we can simply ignore the person and hang out with people who aren't malicious.

Or we can simply ignore the person and hang out with people who aren't malicious.
Hanging out with other people is not going to stop the manipulators from destroying your rep with the company and other teammates. Ignoring it won't make it go away or stop the potential damage.

Looked at the Physical Therapist that was doing the gossip girl moment and reminded her I knew about her affair with a African-American lesbian, and how sad it would be if her Husband would have found out about it...

The woman never mentioned my name again, so the answer is blackmail!

Hanging out with other people is not going to stop the manipulators from destroying your rep with the company and other teammates. Ignoring it won't make it go away or stop the potential damage.
Still, the whole thing is an inside job. You have work on your own reaction. Just my opinion, of course.

What makes you think you have control over other people's bad behavior?

the truth always comes out...i ignore gossip...it is harmful and mostly wrong...the information...we all like to gossip....but it does seem to be a slippery slope but dont waste your energy on asshole who are always gonna wanna steal your sunshine and energy

Well, to each his/her own. For me, I am confrontational with liars and shit slingers. Straight in the face, in front of everyone. Period. Then I tell everyone there listening to it all to either ask ME, the one being lied about, or stfu and stay lemmings. It's just my own way of handling such things..if it ever happened which it has not, probably due to most knowing I am confrontational and won't take shit...especially if it affects my job or the workforce I have to work with.

But thats me.

the truth always comes out

No it doesn't

...i ignore gossip

Good for you, but ineffective.

...it is harmful and mostly wrong...

Yes, it is, and damaging. And it's not "mostly" wrong, it is completely wrong.

the information...we all like to gossip

No, not all of us. Only those into drama.

....but it does seem to be a slippery slope

Can be if you do nothing.

but dont waste your energy on asshole who are always gonna wanna steal your sunshine and energy

Only possible if you allow it.

Yeah.

I did not get invited to party's and get togethers, missed celebrations and if I remember correctly other get togethers.

I got harassed mentally - physically and emotionally, had my work and inspections sabotaged, was " drugged" , Surveilled and followed by foot in businesses and establishments.

Photographed and videoed walking out of businesses and establishments - and in large spacious parking lots.

I went to my grandparents grave about the spring of 2003. No one around, no one behind my vehicle when I drove, but I got a phone call - about the next day and the person repeated me being at my parents gravesite. Ahh , electronic surveillance on my vehicle. Intimidating and trying to frustrate and scare me let me know ..... AGAIN that my vehicle was bugged. Yeah -

People rearranging my paperwork, or intentionally misplacing it when I take a break from Gate One.

Friends quit calling me, or us spending time together shooting or going to gun shows. My cousin .... Now deceased, quit talking to me. People I would say hello too in public that I knew, would turn and walk away from me. I suffered from people not returning my phone calls , or hanging up on me when they knew it was me calling.

The current nurse supervisor where I work, setting in front of me ..... * when we first met * ...... her setting down and facing to my left ( south ) while I stood near her facing west. Our first contact and she give me a disgusted look with her eyes , my interpretation anyway.

Dark blonde haired nurse, married to a truck driver - in late of the year 2004 speaks of the Doctor frequently , makes references to my past job and my Paramedic course. She wants me to help her infrequently in our industrial medical department giving shots and other tasks. She brags / talks frequently on the Doctor and current nurse supervisor, whom use to work on shift. I conclude they are all connected / associated with each other. As is the wicker basket ( brunette ) nurse whom use to be in the southwest corner of the gate when I arrived to work early.

My personal vehicle being scratched and marred when I am not near it.

My privacy being violated , and my vehicle. ( locked ) being searched when I am not around it .

People talking bad about me, falsely , so others and businesses will treat me terribly = other people doing their ( bad guys ) ill deeds for them .

Shadow 355

Last edited:

Forum List

Back