"When You're Used to Privilege Equity Feels Like Oppression"

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
New study finds that whites feel, and have felt, that when things get equal, they're under oppression.

In other words, the more blacks better themselves, the more whites feels like their losing something.

And that that had a lot to do w/how Trump came to power.

Check out this discussion w/the individual who conducted the study...

Curious to know what you good folks think about this new finding.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ATL
Here is a way to better yourself! Learn the difference in their, there, and they’re. Free lesson from a white girl!

New study finds that whites feel, and have felt, that when things get equal, they're under oppression.

In other words, the more blacks better themselves, the more whites feels like their losing something.

Wow..

The spin and white privilege bull shit in high gear.... what a mountain of bull shit.

The liberal answer is burn it down everyone must be surfs and subjects to their control... Thanks for clearing up your vision of utopia..

Better "yourself" all you want, just don't expect me to do it for you. You have just as much opportunity as anybody else.

I watched it. Seems like a lot of conjecture and assumption, especially to imply that has a lot to do with how trump won the election. It would be interesting to actually see the study and the criteria used. At this point it seems like just noise.

/--------/ "In other words, the more blacks better themselves, the more whites feels like their losing something."
And yet we voted for and support the president who caused this to happen:

Black and Hispanic Unemployment Hits All-Time Record Lows
Black and Hispanic Unemployment Hits All-Time Record Lows. By ... LOWEST since 19695 Months of Wage & Income GROWTH Record LOW Black, Hispanic & Female unemployment ...

UblamingWhitey.jpg

Equality is inequality to many liberals. They STILL bitch about women’s and POC’s rights when both groups are considered completely equal under the law. Minorities having MORE power than the majority is true equality to the left.

This is just what I’ve noticed. If you disagree please try and prove me wrong. When qualified white people are passed on for a job or place in college bc the institution needed to have a POC fill the spot yet you STILL whine about inequality, well I think that speaks for itself.

The video covers a good bit of what the study brought to light...
  1. Fact: Racial resentment in the county spiked when Obama became President
  2. Many whites felt/feel like "African Americans shouldn't have special favors"
  3. That is known as "White minority resentment", a belief that somehow blacks are getting all kinds of stuff
  4. Racialization of politics started being studied/recorded in 1986
  5. Racial resentment plays an increasing role in how white people identify themselves politically
  6. "Working class anxiety" that many in the media attributed to one of the main factors Trump one, isn't talking about black people
  7. The "working class" is identified as white, w/o outright saying so
  8. Since 1973, the wages of blacks went up 10% vs the wages of white men going up 3%
  9. Fact: The majority of working class people in the US are people of color
  10. A 2009 Pew Study asked the question "Are you optimistic about the future for your children?" Every racial group was excited except whites
  11. They asked the same question in 2016, they got the same results
  12. Fact: Blacks have the lowest wages and lowest wealth, yet were the most optimistic
  13. Fact: Whites have the highest wages and highest wealth, yet were the least optimistic
  14. Bottom line: Society has been characterized by white supremacy for most of the history of this country, so when blacks are experiencing more equality, many whites feel they're experiencing oppression.
You can Google Dr. Ryan Lecount to get more info on him/his studies.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ATL
Equality is inequality to many liberals. They STILL bitch about women’s and POC’s rights when both groups are considered completely equal under the law. Minorities having MORE power than the majority is true equality to the left.

This is just what I’ve noticed. If you disagree please try and prove me wrong. When qualified white people are passed on for a job or place in college bc the institution needed to have a POC fill the spot yet you STILL whine about inequality, well I think that speaks for itself.
You know, just after slavery was outlawed in this country, the law considered them the same as you just stated. But was it so?

You know, just after slavery was outlawed in this country, the law considered them the same as you just stated. But was it so?

We are not living during that time. No they weren’t equal but now many decades later they are. My argument doesn’t negate yours.

So, let's see if I have this right -- the fellow who is automatically put first in line for job and educational opportunities for no other reason than the color of his skin is whining yet AGAIN about the supposed "privilege" of those who are disadvantaged because of theirs.

Do I need to add anything else?

The video covers a good bit of what the study brought to light...
  1. Fact: Racial resentment in the county spiked when Obama became President
  2. Many whites felt/feel like "African Americans shouldn't have special favors"
  3. That is known as "White minority resentment", a belief that somehow blacks are getting all kinds of stuff
  4. Racialization of politics started being studied/recorded in 1986
  5. Racial resentment plays an increasing role in how they identify themselves politically
  6. "Working class anxiety" that many in the media attributed to one of the main factors Trump one, isn't talking about black people
  7. The "working class" is identified as white, w/o outright saying so
  8. Since 1973, the wages of blacks went up 10% vs the wages of white men going up 3%
  9. Fact: The majority of working class people in the US are people of color
  10. A 2009 Pew Study asked the question "Are you optimistic about the future for your children?" Every racial group was excited except whites
  11. They asked the same question in 2016, they got the same results
  12. Fact: Blacks have the lowest wages and lowest wealth, yet were the most optimistic
  13. Fact: Whites have the highest wages and highest wealth, yet were the least optimistic
  14. Bottom line: Society has been characterized by white supremacy for most of the history of this country, so when blacks are experiencing more equality, many whites feel their experiencing oppression.
You can Google Dr. Ryan Lecount to get more info on him/his studies.
/----/ Tissue?
iu

Forum List

Back