"When You're Used to Privilege Equity Feels Like Oppression"

We are not living during that time. No they weren’t equal but now many decades later they are. My argument doesn’t negate yours.
I'm just curious to know when you considered it to be actually the same, since we've already established that just because the law says so, doesn't mean it was so.

So when did it actually stick, in your estimation?

/----/ Tissue?
iu
You keep the tissue for yourself sir/ma'am.

I'm simply stating facts.

If these facts are making you upset, then you should use that tissue to dry your eyes.

So, let's see if I have this right -- the fellow who is automatically put first in line for job and educational opportunities for no other reason than the color of his skin is whining yet AGAIN about the supposed "privilege" of those who are disadvantaged because of theirs.

Do I need to add anything else?
Gotta link to this claptrap?

/----/ Tissue?
iu
You keep the tissue for yourself sir/ma'am.

I'm simply stating facts.

If these facts are making you upset, then you should use that tissue to dry your eyes.
/----/ You're just whining. If you don't like your lot in life, then go out and change it. Don't just sit at home and expect special favors and handouts.

Equality is inequality to many liberals. They STILL bitch about women’s and POC’s rights when both groups are considered completely equal under the law. Minorities having MORE power than the majority is true equality to the left.

This is just what I’ve noticed. If you disagree please try and prove me wrong. When qualified white people are passed on for a job or place in college bc the institution needed to have a POC fill the spot yet you STILL whine about inequality, well I think that speaks for itself.
You know, just after slavery was outlawed in this country, the law considered them the same as you just stated. But was it so?

We are not living during that time. No they weren’t equal but now many decades later they are. My argument doesn’t negate yours.

Dang, you’re causing me to side with MarkATL the racist. There is no denying that being a white male in this country is the most privileged sector. That said- MarkATL (along with IM2) continual asserts that we (whites) are all against blacks and other minorities from moving up, and he is deaf and blind to any other view.

I'm just curious to know when you considered it to be actually the same, since we've already established that just because the law says so, doesn't mean it was so.

So when did it actually stick, in your estimation?

After segregation stopped. When black Americans were able to make more money than they know what to do with. When black celebrities are idolized just like white celebrities. There are many examples I could give. I understand some aspects of white privilege but I don’t think it has much, if anything, to do with success and wealth.

So, let's see if I have this right -- the fellow who is automatically put first in line for job and educational opportunities for no other reason than the color of his skin is whining yet AGAIN about the supposed "privilege" of those who are disadvantaged because of theirs.

Gotta link to this claptrap?
/----/ Here's one Mr. Clueless
Colleges Will Just Disguise Racial Quotas - latimes
Colleges Will Just Disguise Racial Quotas June 30, 2003 | Richard Sander | Richard Sander is a professor of law at UCLA and director of its Empirical Research Group. But "individualized assessments" of applicants (like those used by Michigan's law school) that factor in race among other considerations are not only acceptable but highly desirable.

This Black Privilege idea is hammered into the heads of kids (of all races) constantly, by thousands of liberal "teachers" in the US Miseducation system. At the same time these mind-warpers completely ignore simple and very necessary things like how to react when confronted by the police.. This ignorance then results in people being shot by cops (or CCWs), with lots of problems coming from that.

After segregation stopped. When black Americans were able to make more money than they know what to do with. When black celebrities are idolized just like white celebrities. There are many examples I could give. I understand some aspects of white privilege but I don’t think it has much, if anything, to do with success and wealth.
According to what I'm reading on Wikipedia, segregation was banned in 1954.

Racial segregation in the United States - Wikipedia

Are you suggesting that that was the year when things started going well for blacks? Or some time after this. (I'm really trying to pin you to a specific time here)

BTW, black celebrities were always idolized by whites, even during the heat of segregation.

Also, you shouldn't be judging the reality of the group, based on the reality of the exceptions. I believe that's what you (and others) are doing.

I look forward to your response.

Dang, you’re causing me to side with MarkATL the racist. There is no denying that being a white male in this country is the most privileged sector. That said- MarkATL (along with IM2) continual asserts that we (whites) are all against blacks and other minorities from moving up, and he is deaf and blind to any other view.
Point out where in my OP did I state, assert, or even suggest that whites are all against blacks.

Thanks.

New study finds that whites feel, and have felt, that when things get equal, they're under oppression.

In other words, the more blacks better themselves, the more whites feels like their losing something.

And that that had a lot to do w/how Trump came to power.

Check out this discussion w/the individual who conducted the study...

Curious to know what you good folks think about this new finding.

Years ago in a radio station a couple of DJs were talking about a third one. "Oh him" said the female dismissively ... "he doesn't play enough women!"

"Aw come off it Mary" I said, "we don't select and deselect based on gender, we just play good music and whatever comes out, comes out". I said it sincerely because that's how I worked.

Years later at another radio station I recalled that exchange and finding myself with free time decided to run an analysis. I had one of four daypart shifts, five hours of music. I took the playlists from each of the other three hosts and my own, and counted up the number of male/female artists in each one. I found two things, one which didn't surprise me and one that did. What did not surprise me was that I was playing more women than anybody else. What did surprise me is that even so my list was only around 30% female. The Program Director's show was down around 10%.

So I ran a second experiment. Next time I was on the air I kept a running male/female count as the show played and intentionally kept it at 50-50. And subjectively it almost sounded like a "women's music" show. That's what equity sounded like to ears that had been used to male-dominated music. And anyone could pick a radio station at random and run the same analysis and see the same results. Which explains why there are "women's music" shows.

So yes, I find much merit in the OP title. This is truth.

Ellen McIlwaine put it to me this way: "It's not intentional, but if a record company believes that Bruce Springsteen will sell records, and Heart won't --- that's who they're gonna back".

It's a snowball effect; one's perceptions are learned from the first in a particular idiom, and that's the perceived "normal" whether it's music on the radio, whether it's who's in charge of what, whether it's stereotypes of "proper" social roles. When it's pointed out that that perception actually veers to one side, getting back onto the road will seem like something "removed" simply because one is not used to it, because it's not what was first introduced as "normal".

The art in all of this is the willingness to see the inequity and be willing to adjust it --- to be willing to concede that one's initial perceptions may not have been all that accurate.

Last edited:
/----/ Geeeeze - try and pay attention. It's not a lie and I stated so by my comment: And you shouldn't
Sir/Ma'am, it's not about what I should or shouldn't feel.

It's what the study brought out.

Again, these are facts.

Stating facts is not whining.

However, getting upset about stated facts, and expressing that feeling online (or elsewhere) is actually whining.

You have that tissue box of yours handy?

Does MarcATL ever get tired of embarrassing himself? Capitalism only sees GREEN!

Enough of this BS. NBA is 75% black when the country is 13% black. NBA is not racist. Neither is corporate America. Please see the Wizard and get a brain.

Forum List

Back