Zone1 When you pray, how often do you think of others?

So let me ask my QUESTION to you again... do you believe prayer serves no purpose?

Why are you even asking me that question ... When I just told you it does ...
And specifically identified part by part ... What the purpose of prayer is for me ... DUH ... :auiqs.jpg:

Seriously ... If you just want to argue about something ... Argue with God ...
I am damn sure not going to ... And I don't know what His plan for you is ...
So ... I really don't need to argue with you either.

Last edited:
He suggested that it's better to actually help someone myself rather than pray. I've helped many in the past, sometimes to the tune of hundreds.of dollars, sponsored a child in a downtrodden country etc, but, if I cannot do so, I will attempt to at least pray for them.
What some may not understand are the prayers we pray for other people's spiritual health and well-being. They may not know that prayers is not always about physical needs.

Actually, you didn't. But thanks for showing your pride.

Seriously ... You need to try and argue that with God.
It doesn't have anything to do with my Pride ... I am not God ... And far from perfect ... DUH ... :auiqs.jpg:

Your laughing emoji says otherwise.

Yeah Whatever ... Are you seriously still trying to argue with me ... That's funny ... :auiqs.jpg:
Maybe you'll have better luck arguing with God ... I don't know ... Ask Him.

Yeah Whatever ... Are you seriously still trying to argue with me ... That's funny ... :auiqs.jpg:
Maybe you'll have better luck arguing with God ... I don't know ... Ask Him.

Actually I'm trying to help you.

I know I'm not God and I do worry for my soul every single day.

I am not worried about mine either ... Didn't ask for your help ...Why are you even responding ...
Do you just want to get hit?

Here ... Have your shovel back ... :auiqs.jpg:

I am not worried about mine either ... Didn't ask for your help ...Why are you even responding ...
Do you just want to get hit?

Here ... Have your shovel back ... :auiqs.jpg:

Vanity is the devil's favorite sin.

Vanity is the devil's favorite sin.

Just ... Front hand or back hand ... I am not even going to take the shovel from you this time ...
You just hang on to it ... See you in a minute or two ... :auiqs.jpg:

Just ... Front hand or back hand ... I am not even going to take the shovel from you this time ...
You just hang on to it ... See you in a minute or two ... :auiqs.jpg:

Actually it was twelve and you keep proving my point. That is not the sign of someone at peace.

Actually it was twelve and you keep proving my point. That is not the sign of someone at peace.

Tell me more of the crap you think ...
That crap is coming from your head ... Not mine.

You don't respect others ... You don't read what they post with any desire to accomplish anything ...
But twisting it into your garbage ... And really suck at that.

There's is no need for anyone to try and reason with you ...
So ... They might as well just have fun smacking you around ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
I never used to refer to others going through issues when I prayed (if I'm even aware of their issues) but over the last couple of years I have done so. I'm not sure it has helped me at all but it feels proper and I'm always hoping others are praying for me too. Is there any guidance on such approaches in biblical texts?

It's good that you're praying for others. Intercessory prayer is powerful. I've seen with my own eyes what can happen when we intercede for others. God has done amazing things, things that could never have happened apart from divine intervention. And not only can it bring positive change in the lives of other people… but in a number of ways, it's also beneficial for the person doing the praying.

I can't speak about other religions, but from a Christian perspective, it's not only something we want to do, but it's something we are actually commanded to do. There are lots of scriptures that tell us to pray for others.

As for practical advice…

I have learned that before we start praying for others, if we want God to respond to our prayers, we have to make sure our heart is clean. In other words, a repentant mindset, getting right with God, and if we have any unforgiveness toward anyone in our heart, that needs to be dealt with first.

There's a lot more to be said about this… But I don't wanna turn this post into book, lol.

Last edited:
Praying for someone results in nothing.

Pray that people aren't hungry and what do you have? hungry people.

Buy a couple pounds of bologna a loaf of bread and make a dozen sandwiches and what to you get? A dozen people who have something to eat.

We know. You're mad at God. We get it.

Forum List

Back