When you meet Jesus, and you ask him "Why is there so much evil in the world?" He will answer...

...and He will answer: :dunno:
...with a question.

"What did you do about it?"

Jesus will answer a question with a question? Dick.

"EVIL? my son--------you SEE EVIL?------should a nice jewish boy like you be LOOKING AT EVIL?. Why are YOU looking at evil? -------you don't see evil in mama's
kitchen-------you don't see evil in your chemistry textbook----
you don't see evil when you look at your violin!!!!!!! ----
.....don't tell-----I don't want to know from your evil schmevil

Ack, I feel like that's a movie quote, but I have no idea from what. :blowup:

it's from, " Izzy meets Yoshke"

If God knows everything that we're going to do, then there can't be free will. The idea of determinism is that all of our actions are determined by our environment and our genetics. This means that if somebody knew all of our experiences and had a perfect knowledge of our genetics, then they could predict with absolute accuracy what choice we would make. That is exactly what you claim your God can do.

If I put a sandwich on a table and leave the room I know exactly what my dog is going to do.

I think we are supposed to cite chaos theory now?

Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God.
"Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God"

And some just see predetermination. I always hate mayonnaise. And, as it turns out, I must l prefer brunettes. Never thought I did...but no denying it, when lookong back.

Invisible hand of god?

No, its more like noticing the obvious.

If you swallow the teachings of unclean creatures that do not think very deeply without thinking very deeply your mind will become defiled and contaminated and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot think very deeply.

Many never recover.

This is an eternal law, the consequences very real, as real as death, verifiable and deeply disturbing.

If you stand guard over the purity of your own mind you will never know what it is to die in this way.

The inescapable unseen hand of God.

The evidence is everywhere you look.
If there were evidence, you could use it to compel anyone. That's what evidence is and what it does. There is no evidence, you have no evidence, and you are not using the word "evidence" correctly. And I think you know this, which is why you feel you have to wrap your goofy claim in a blanket of pretty word salads.

I see evidence for God ... for Jesus rising from the dead. You don't see some of it ? It's cause you don't want to see evidence. You're afraid if you did see evidence, you'd have to believe in a being way smarter and bigger than you .... and you can't stand to believe such a being exist.

If I put a sandwich on a table and leave the room I know exactly what my dog is going to do.

Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God.
"Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God"

And some just see predetermination. I always hate mayonnaise. And, as it turns out, I must l prefer brunettes. Never thought I did...but no denying it, when lookong back.

Invisible hand of god?

If you swallow the teachings of unclean creatures that do not think very deeply without thinking very deeply your mind will become defiled and contaminated and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot think very deeply.

Many never recover.

This is an eternal law, the consequences very real, as real as death, verifiable and deeply disturbing.

If you stand guard over the purity of your own mind you will never know what it is to die in this way.

If there were evidence, you could use it to compel anyone. That's what evidence is and what it does. There is no evidence, you have no evidence, and you are not using the word "evidence" correctly. And I think you know this, which is why you feel you have to wrap your goofy claim in a blanket of pretty word salads.

There's no evidence that people who blindly allow irrational beliefs a place in their head become screwed up in the head and lose the ability to think rationally? No evidence that many people never recover and spend the rest of their days mentally ill to one degree or another saying and doing stupid things that injure themselves and the people they claim to love?

Really?

Have you ever had a rational conversation with anyone who professes irrational beliefs?

There's no evidence that people who are more discriminating about what they introduce into their thoughts lead saner and more fruitful lives and are more honorable and truthful than those who are not?

baloney.

If you can see, the evidence is everywhere you look.

People either struggle to become and remain sane in this crazy world or they lose their minds.

People who make compromises with their honesty, values, and ethics end up without any.

In every place, at every job, in every school and on every street in every city every day of every year in every nation there is always someone lurking in the shadows actively seeking to take advantage of the gullible and the cowardly, their victims like piles of unburied corpses all over the landscape.

Am I telling you something that you don't already know?

What more evidence do you need other than what is presently by, conforms to, and is confirmed by reality?

What more evidence do you need other that what you have seen with your own eyes for your entire life?

Last edited:
I see evidence for God ... for Jesus rising from the dead. You don't see some of it ? It's cause you don't want to see evidence. You're afraid if you did see evidence, you'd have to believe in a being way smarter and bigger than you .... and you can't stand to believe such a being exist.
No, I see no evidence. It doesn't matter if you think that you do. What matters is if it is evidence. So, present your "evidence", and we can scrutinize it.

No, I see no evidence. It doesn't matter if you think that you do. What matters is if it is evidence. So, present your "evidence", and we can scrutinize it.

Before presenting evidence, it might be good to agree upon a definition for "God." It seems kind of difficult to provide evidence for the existence of something if you don't know just what that something is.

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

There's no evidence that people who blindly allow irrational beliefs a place in their head become screwed up in the head and lose the ability to think rationally? No evidence that many people never recover and spend the rest of their days mentally ill to one degree or another saying and doing stupid things that injure themselves and the people they claim to love?

Really?

Have you ever had a rational conversation with anyone who professes irrational beliefs?

There's no evidence that people who are more discriminating about what they introduce into their thoughts lead saner and more fruitful lives and are more honorable and truthful than those who are not?

baloney.

People either struggle to become and remain sane in this crazy world or they lose their minds.

People who make compromises with their honesty, values, and ethics end up without any.

In every place, at every job, in every school and on every street in every city every day of every year in every nation there is always someone lurking in the shadows actively seeking to take advantage of the gullible and the cowardly, their victims like piles of unburied corpses all over the landscape.

What more evidence do you need other than what is presently by, conforms to, and is confirmed by reality?

What more evidence do you need other that what you have seen with your own eyes for your entire life?

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

You are a very dishonest person. Clearly my remarks that "you have no evidence" referred to the existence of the "unseen hand of God", not to the mere existence of those events you listed (all easily explained without introducing your goofy voodoo about unseen hands). Your dishonest attempt is all there in black and white for everyone to read. No, extrapolating your simple, incorrect, dishonest thought to a small novella does not lend credibility to it.

No, you have not a shred of evidence. And you are still not using the word correctly.

In the Vatican and her Prot children, millions for centuries have seen perfect fulfillment of Rev 17&18 confirming truth of Jesus and NT.
It was a major battle cry of the Reformation which took the world out from under the thumb of the Vatican-Pope. At least for a while.

Along with millions, I see perfect fulfillment of OT prediction Israel would be dispersed and re-gathered. + AWAIT the Ezekiel 38-39, Zechariah 12-14, Joel 3, Psalms 83, Isaiah 17 predicted invasion of Israel. Most on earth today will see [TV + internet] this invasion. [invaders will be annihilated, btw]

Along with millions for centuries, I see the awesome pro-GodoftheBible impact Jesus had+has on the world.
We see that Jesus perfectly fulfilled OT Messiah prediction [like Isaiah 53].

I AWAIT the Revelation 13 revealed world amazing reappearance of the final "beast". [will be JFK, btw, with Kissinger as his "head cheerleader"] This will occur after the invasion of Israel. Most living on earth today will see this world amazing reappearance.

Only my contention of specifically JFK and HK is not shared by millions. yet

Along with millions for centuries, I see life around us is far too complex and organized to have come into being by sheer time and chance.

Preceding are some reasons that along with millions for centuries, I know Jesus Christ is alive with power.

But the above did not cause me to come to believe in Jesus.
I initially came to believe [in Nov 1973] when I finally realized I needed help and asked Him “if you are alive, please help me” And He helped me.

SLINGING SEEDS

In the Vatican and her Prot children, millions for centuries have seen perfect fulfillment of Rev 17&18 confirming truth of Jesus and NT.
It was a major battle cry of the Reformation which took the world out from under the thumb of the Vatican-Pope. At least for a while.

Along with millions, I see perfect fulfillment of OT prediction Israel would be dispersed and re-gathered. + AWAIT the Ezekiel 38-39, Zechariah 12-14, Joel 3, Psalms 83, Isaiah 17 predicted invasion of Israel. Most on earth today will see [TV + internet] this invasion. [invaders will be annihilated, btw]

Along with millions for centuries, I see the awesome pro-GodoftheBible impact Jesus had+has on the world.
We see that Jesus perfectly fulfilled OT Messiah prediction [like Isaiah 53].

I AWAIT the Revelation 13 revealed world amazing reappearance of the final "beast". [will be JFK, btw, with Kissinger as his "head cheerleader"] This will occur after the invasion of Israel. Most living on earth today will see this world amazing reappearance.

Only my contention of specifically JFK and HK is not shared by millions. yet

Along with millions for centuries, I see life around us is far too complex and organized to have come into being by sheer time and chance.

Preceding are some reasons that along with millions for centuries, I know Jesus Christ is alive with power.

But the above did not cause me to come to believe in Jesus.
I initially came to believe [in Nov 1973] when I finally realized I needed help and asked Him “if you are alive, please help me” And He helped me.

SLINGING SEEDS
Your collection of anecdotes, those filtered through history and otherwise, is not evidence, much less the extraordinary and extraordinarily compelling evidence a rational person would require to accept such magical beliefs. You should be careful of being very dishonest, considering the self-righteous nature of your position and insistence on self-evidence. And you are being dishonest. None of this was evidence which compelled anyone. They are anecdotes and testimonies by people who already believe. To present this as evidence of the type that would compel a person not witness to the hallucination or vision is very dishonest. In fact, that's a good standard for why it is not actually evidence at all. But I have no doubt that you will insist upon calling it evidence, because claiming to have evidence seems to be very important to you.

And let's examine that last part. How odd that someone with proud, unshakeable faith would even feel compelled to twist himself into an equivocating pretzel to turn "not evidence" into "evidence". Why would such a person even feel compelled to have evidence at hand , for their faith-based belief? I think that demonstrates the shaky nature of your faith. Are you having a crisis of faith?

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

You are a very dishonest person. Clearly my remarks that "you have no evidence" referred to the existence of the "unseen hand of God", not to the mere existence of those events you listed (all easily explained without introducing your goofy voodoo about unseen hands). Your dishonest attempt is all there in black and white for everyone to read. No, extrapolating your simple, incorrect, dishonest thought to a small novella does not lend credibility to it.

No, you have not a shred of evidence. And you are still not using the word correctly.

Nonsense.

If you hope to see evidence for the hand of God it would be helpful if you understood the expression.

"The hand of God" unseen or otherwise is a figurative term used in scripture that ascribes to the author of life, reality itself, the verifiable consequences that people experience for violating the sanctity of their mind and degrading the quality of their life experience by engaging in pretense and perpetuating falsehood.

It amounts to a belief in cause and effect. No such thing as that, right? You've never seen anyone suffer the consequences, the invisible hand of God, for lifting their skirt for any religion or cult that winks at them?

Who's being dishonest?

If you were looking for someone to present evidence of the supernatural, you are asking the wrong person.

You understand neither scripture nor the power of God .

Last edited:

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

Invisible hand of god?

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

Nonsense.

If you hope to see evidence of the hand of God it would be helpful if you understood the expression.

"The hand of God" unseen or otherwise is a term used in scripture that ascribes to the author of life the verifiable consequences that people experience for diluting the purity of their mind and consequently the sanctity of their life experience by engaging in pretense and perpetuating falsehood.

It amounts to a belief in cause and effect. No such thing as that, right?

If you were looking for someone to present evidence of the supernatural, you are asking the wrong person.

"If you hope to see evidence of the hand of God it would be helpful if you understood the expression."

As now defined by you, naturally. As tailored to my arguments stated thus far. My, how fluid and convenient your definition is. How beautifully nonsensical and untestable. Like a cloud of nothing that can imitate anything. Why didn't you define your term from the start? Because you are a charlatan, that's why.

"If you were looking for someone to present evidence of the supernatural, you are asking the wrong person. "

I would never make such an absurd demand. No, it's not cause and effect , it's the exact opposite, which is precisely why I would never make such an absurd demand. It is magic, and it is untestable nonsense. It is precisely the nature, in toto, of your magical nonsense that it cannot be tested, and nothing could ever possibly be evidence for or against it. You made that concession the moment you introduced magic. You do not get to define, claim, or even wield "evidence", because such a thing is impossible, by your own argument. "Magic" you declare, so "magic" you get.

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

Many never recover.

Really?

baloney.

Nonsense.

If you hope to see evidence of the hand of God it would be helpful if you understood the expression.

"The hand of God" unseen or otherwise is a term used in scripture that ascribes to the author of life the verifiable consequences that people experience for diluting the purity of their mind and consequently the sanctity of their life experience by engaging in pretense and perpetuating falsehood.

It amounts to a belief in cause and effect. No such thing as that, right?

"If you hope to see evidence of the hand of God it would be helpful if you understood the expression."

As now defined by you, naturally. As tailored to my arguments stated thus far. My, how fluid and convenient your definition is. How beautifully nonsensical and untestable. Like a cloud of nothing that can imitate anything. Why didn't you define your term from the start? Because you are a charlatan, that's why.

"If you were looking for someone to present evidence of the supernatural, you are asking the wrong person. "

I would never make such an absurd demand. No, it's not cause and effect , it's the exact opposite, which is precisely why I would never make such an absurd demand. It is magic, and it is untestable nonsense. It is precisely the nature, in toto, of your magical nonsense that it cannot be tested, and nothing could ever possibly be evidence for or against it. You made that concession the moment you introduced magic. You do not get to define, claim, or even wield "evidence", because such a thing is impossible, by your own argument. "Magic" you declare, so "magic" you get.

No, the term "hand of God" is not as defined by me. It is well known fact that it is merely a figurative expression (look it up if you don't believe me) that denotes an awareness of cause and effect, just as the deeper implications of kosher law reflects a knowledge and awareness of what causes good or bad mental health that surpasses even our own ..

Someone who sees another doing something dumb and warns them about the hand of God is simply someone warning them about the inescapable consequences for doing dumb things.

No magic at all. Suspension of disbelief not required. Its the nature of reality. No one can escape the hand of God, especially those who don't even know what the expression means.

Last edited:
My primary concern is abortion.

The fact that we Americans, all 326 million of us, have stood by and allowed over 59 million babies to be aborted in our own neighborhoods, while we go about our lives, working, watching TV, eating, drinking, sleeping, fucking, is an offense to God that I the only explanation he has not destroyed our nation is because of his infinite mercy.

That's why I fight abortion, because I don't want to be swept away in a judgment that dooms us all. Maybe if I can do something, anything, just fight on this board, God will have mercy on me.

If there is a God, he already knows how much I have done to fight abortion.

I sure could use his help but generally, I try to keep religion out of it as much as possible.

...with a question.

...and I will respond, "What did YOU do about it?"

I heard that he tuned in, turned on, and dropped out.. Partying with sinners and prostitutes, sticking it to the man, opening the eyes of the blind, rousing the rabble, moving mountains, and all that jazz.

But thats just what I heard.

Last edited:
...with a question.

...and I will respond, "What did YOU do about it?"

And for that, we will probably go to hell. . .

Oh well.

Thanks OK with me, if I can avoid eternity with Jerry Falwell.

And for that, we will probably go to hell. . .

Thanks OK with me, if I can avoid eternity with Jerry Falwell.

who's we, for that one it will be either or and whether the phony righteous will get what "they" deserve.

When you meet Jesus, and you ask him "Why is there so much evil in the world?" He will answer...

They knew who Trump was when they voted for him. Now they will have to join him in Hell. Sorry.

Forum List

Back